Chicagos murder rate is not as bad as you think

I don't think it's that bad, I have a neice and nephew who work and live in Chicago. They both have 2 jobs and travel across town daily on the El. We were there, stayed in town and were out at night as well.

I think the Repubs are exaggerating the problem. Big cities have issues for sure but it isn't as if you drive into Chicago and hear gunshots.

I don't think it's that bad, I have a neice and nephew who work and live in Chicago. They both have 2 jobs and travel across town daily on the El. We were there, stayed in town and were out at night as well.

I think the Repubs are exaggerating the problem. Big cities have issues for sure but it isn't as if you drive into Chicago and hear gunshots.

South Side Marylin wannabe...they won't go there.

Ya whats 500 dead when they are mostly black? I mean you rejects were livid that 26 white people got murdered but just can't seem to be bothered with HUNDREDS of black youths dying.

Ya whats 500 dead when they are mostly black? I mean you rejects were livid that 26 white people got murdered but just can't seem to be bothered with HUNDREDS of black youths dying.

I believe you nitwits were complaining about teenage riots going on at the Magnificent Mile.

Such a bunch of liars..

Liar, you are just complaining because Rahm Emanuel is the mayor. Anyone listening to your bullshit needs their head examined. :cuckoo:

Move along, sock.

I believe you nitwits were complaining about teenage riots going on at the Magnificent Mile.

Such a bunch of liars..

Thousands of black youth die every year and you guys don't even mention it on the news except maybe page 20. They die mostly in neighborhoods where guns are illegal to own. Yet they die of gunshot wounds. They die even though background checks are mandatory NOW and have been since the 90's. Hell the LA riots proved one thing, the store owners that armed themselves kept their stores the rest watched them burn.

Remind us how much you care about black youths. THOUSANDS die every year and not a peep from you but let 20 white kids get killed and you are demanding action RIGHT NOW. Illegal, unconstitutional action to boot.

Such a bunch of liars..

Thousands of black youth die every year and you guys don't even mention it on the news except maybe page 20. They die mostly in neighborhoods where guns are illegal to own. Yet they die of gunshot wounds. They die even though background checks are mandatory NOW and have been since the 90's. Hell the LA riots proved one thing, the store owners that armed themselves kept their stores the rest watched them burn.

Remind us how much you care about black youths. THOUSANDS die every year and not a peep from you but let 20 white kids get killed and you are demanding action RIGHT NOW. Illegal, unconstitutional action to boot.

And they're dying because we have gun control? Whacko.

Liar, you are just complaining because Rahm Emanuel is the mayor. Anyone listening to your bullshit needs their head examined. :cuckoo:

Move along, sock.

Then go do it bitch, you won't get shot, you'll get gang banged.

Such a bunch of liars..

And they're dying because we have gun control? Whacko.

They are dying because liberals destroyed the American black family.They are dying because democrats and republicans won't secure the Mexican border. No black fathers, no jobs and welfare moms getting more money for more kids. Some are dying because places like Chicago and New York outlawed guns. Which ensured the criminals would have them but not law abiding citizens.

You want to violate the Constitution? How about something to do with destroying gangs instead of taking firearms from law abiding citizens?

The Chicago Murder Rate is not as bad as you think... compared to a Nazi Death Camp. :clap2:

So you know, Chicago has THAT going for it.

Gangbangers killing each other doesn't bother me a bit. The innocent victims are the liberals fault; they are against success in every form. I'm with gunny. Liberals are all about kill, steal, and destroy.

Chicago's murder rate isn't nearly as bad as you think - The Week

However, for all the tragic stories and headlines casting Chicago as the Deadliest City in America, the homicide rate in the Windy City is actually on pace to end the year at its lowest level since the the early 1960s.

Chicago has retained its stigma as a city with an out-of-control murder problem in part because of the shocking nature of the crimes. Many of the city's murders are gang-related, leading to a high number of youth casualties. In the most high-profile case of recent months, Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old girl who had performed at President Obama's second inauguration, was shot and killed by a stray bullet in January.

Through the first four months of the year alone, there were 93 homicides in Chicago. But while that would seem to be a depressingly high tally, it was a 42 percent drop from the previous year. It also marked the first time since 1963 that there were fewer than 100 homicides over the same period.

Since then, the downward trend has continued. May saw an 8 percent decrease in homicides from the previous year, and a 31 percent reduction in total shootings. And through Sunday, there had been 76 fewer murders in Chicago this year than over the same stretch in 2012, a 34 percent decline.

I wonder what changed, did it have anything to do with this McDonald v Chicago. or are we supposed to believe it is a wild coincidence?

However, for all the tragic stories and headlines casting Chicago as the Deadliest City in America, the homicide rate in the Windy City is actually on pace to end the year at its lowest level since the the early 1960s.

Chicago has retained its stigma as a city with an out-of-control murder problem in part because of the shocking nature of the crimes. Many of the city's murders are gang-related, leading to a high number of youth casualties. In the most high-profile case of recent months, Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old girl who had performed at President Obama's second inauguration, was shot and killed by a stray bullet in January.

Through the first four months of the year alone, there were 93 homicides in Chicago. But while that would seem to be a depressingly high tally, it was a 42 percent drop from the previous year. It also marked the first time since 1963 that there were fewer than 100 homicides over the same period.

Since then, the downward trend has continued. May saw an 8 percent decrease in homicides from the previous year, and a 31 percent reduction in total shootings. And through Sunday, there had been 76 fewer murders in Chicago this year than over the same stretch in 2012, a 34 percent decline.

I have been saying this every time someone brings up the murder rate in Chicago, as if it is due to Chicago's gun control laws. As I've said before, I lived in Chicago from the early 80's until the mid 90's. The murder rate back then was pushing 1000 per year, so even the high number of murders last year was a near 50% drop from the rate in the early 90's.

Such a bunch of liars..

I'm fairly certain he was talking about Sandy Hook, and he is absolutely right... When white kids get killed by a nut you libs get crazy emotional yet when blacks kill each other, not so much. Perhaps you could explain why that is...

I have been saying this every time someone brings up the murder rate in Chicago, as if it is due to Chicago's gun control laws. As I've said before, I lived in Chicago from the early 80's until the mid 90's. The murder rate back then was pushing 1000 per year, so even the high number of murders last year was a near 50% drop from the rate in the early 90's.

So what? 500 murders a year in a place where guns are supposed to be banned is not something people should be proud of.

The OP has got to be serious. "Not as bad as you think"? I wouldn't step foot in Chicago if I were paid a million bucks! The place is a freaking death trap, and not far from a warzone.

Forum List

Back