Chicago's 'predatory' funeral homes making a killing in US murder capital

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
5b83c48bfc7e93dd248b4624.jpg

As of Aug 8, 344 people killed in Chicago according to the Chicago Tribune. The same source says 1,944 have been shot so far as of August 19.

And the ones really making a killing are the funeral homes!

I don’t know where the figures come from but I can only find that the State of Illinois pays about $1,600 and SSI only pays $255.

Funeral homes in Chicago have been accused of cashing in on the city’s crime wave. Advocates claim they are taking advantage of a taxpayer-funded scheme that pays $7,500 in funeral expenses to homicide victims’ families.

Some funeral directors have been reportedly inflating prices or charging families for services they never received.

Every funeral home in the state knows that victims get $7,500 for a funeral and it’s their goal to charge the entire amount because it’s easy money,” Susan Johnson, executive director of Chicago Survivors, told Fox News.

Much more of this @ Chicago's 'predatory' funeral homes making a killing in US murder capital

As of Aug 8, 344 people killed in Chicago according to the Chicago Tribune. The same source says 1,944 have been shot so far as of August 19.

I don’t know where the figures come from but I can only find that the State of Illinois pays about $1,600 and SSI only pays $255.

Funeral homes in Chicago have been accused of cashing in on the city’s crime wave. Advocates claim they are taking advantage of a taxpayer-funded scheme that pays $7,500 in funeral expenses to homicide victims’ families.

Some funeral directors have been reportedly inflating prices or charging families for services they never received.

Every funeral home in the state knows that victims get $7,500 for a funeral and it’s their goal to charge the entire amount because it’s easy money,” Susan Johnson, executive director of Chicago Survivors, told Fox News.

Much more of this @ Chicago's 'predatory' funeral homes making a killing in US murder capital
Funeral homes are good businesses

People are dying to get in the door

St Louis is the murder capital of the US, RT has best get with it. They take what Trump says and its not the truth.

There are only a few funeral homes, the big fish own most of them like.

Service Corporation International - Wikipedia

Actually, that depends on how you look at it. St. Louis being smaller had a higher rate of murder per capita, but still was a paltry 188 compared to Chicago at 765 in 2016. Total numbers make more sense, since a small town with one murder could be considered the murder capital.

God Bless those small business owners for employing free market innovation

Forum List

Back