Chicago’s record for coldest temperature ever (must be "global warming")

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Bad news for gloom and doomers.

The world is not about to end.

Yeah! A cold spell means the planet can't be getting warmer! :eusa_doh:

How often must this same silly argument be trotted out? I could point out record hot temperatures recorded in 2018 in various places. The question isn't whether any one place was exceptionally hot or cold at any one time, but whether the temperature of the planet is growing warmer or not (and how much humanity affects global temperature change, of course).

A record cold temperature in Chicago is only important if it can be shown as part of an overall trend, at least in the context of the global warming argument.

To be clear, I'm not arguing for the idea of man-made global warming, I'm arguing against your argument that the temperature in Chicago is any sort of reliable indication of the temperature trend of the planet.

How often must this same silly argument be trotted out? I could point out record hot temperatures recorded in 2018 in various places. The question isn't whether any one place was exceptionally hot or cold at any one time, but whether the temperature of the planet is growing warmer or not (and how much humanity affects global temperature change, of course).

A record cold temperature in Chicago is only important if it can be shown as part of an overall trend, at least in the context of the global warming argument.

To be clear, I'm not arguing for the idea of man-made global warming, I'm arguing against your argument that the temperature in Chicago is any sort of reliable indication of the temperature trend of the planet.
And what I'm saying is that "global warming" is as big a fraud as the "Russia/Trump collusion" fraud.

And what I'm saying is that "global warming" is as big a fraud as the "Russia/Trump collusion" fraud.

That's fine, but a record cold temperature in Chicago isn't really much evidence that global warming is false. Chicago isn't the globe, and the temperature on one day doesn't show any sort of trend.

Yup and Gore already laughed his way to the bank on his Global Warming scam.

Its quite the fraud that some folks keep buying into. Wonder who will be laughing their way to the bank this time. LOL

A forecast high in Mpls wed is -15F.
May set a record dating back to 1880's.
Northern MN will see -35 to-45 actual temps. Hit -45 in Tower and International Falls.
Guess I wont be seeing palm trees anytime soon around here.:(

Going out back to empty some aerosol cans into the air and help this warming process along.

Chicago’s record for coldest temperature ever could fall as polar vortex has city ‘in the crosshairs’

Global warming appears to be a theory that stretches in any direction the weather takes us, be it record heat, record cold, record number of hurricanes, record lack of hurricanes, record forest fires, record lack of forest fires, etc.

At what point will we tell these so-called "scientists" that we've had enough of their gloomy prophesies that the world is about to end?

But, the denialingdongs have told scientists for decades they've had enough of being informed about facts in general, and scientific findings in particular.

You could have read up on the term you didn't understand - Polar Vortex (& further links) - and what it's all about, and how it is that Arctic air escapes the polar vortex with increasing frequency. Or, you could have chosen to bleat uninformed claptrap, confirming your undying aversion to facts and scientific research.

Chicago’s record for coldest temperature ever could fall as polar vortex has city ‘in the crosshairs’

Global warming appears to be a theory that stretches in any direction the weather takes us, be it record heat, record cold, record number of hurricanes, record lack of hurricanes, record forest fires, record lack of forest fires, etc.

At what point will we tell these so-called "scientists" that we've had enough of their gloomy prophesies that the world is about to end?
Global warming is not the same thing as climate change, get it?

A forecast high in Mpls wed is -15F.
May set a record dating back to 1880's.
Northern MN will see -35 to-45 actual temps. Hit -45 in Tower and International Falls.
Guess I wont be seeing palm trees anytime soon around here.:(

Going out back to empty some aerosol cans into the air and help this warming process along.
Give it about ten thousand years and then give up...

Global warming is not a fraud nor is it a freak of nature. The Earth has warmed and cooled many times in the past what makes you think it will change?

One day, you might want to take some of your free time and look up the difference between "weather" and "climate". This has been a public service announcement.

Uhh yeah, that’s why the term that is more commonly used is Climate Change. Global warming is only one aspect of climate change, which applies to extreme wheather events in all areas. We aren’t in the 80s anymore, try and keep up

Some even believe the reason the polar air is reaching into the US as frequently as it has been the past years is because of global warming, which is changing the weather patterns.
But this is typical January and February nonsense on USMB. Every time we have a cold day somewhere, some moron is saying global warming can't be real. LOL

Yup and Gore already laughed his way to the bank on his Global Warming scam.

Its quite the fraud that some folks keep buying into. Wonder who will be laughing their way to the bank this time. LOL
How much did Al Gore make on his "scam" and how did he make it? The whole world bought into his scam except for Syria , Nicaragua and dummies who look to FOX news for their science "knowledge".

but didnt John Kerry say that we are experiencing global warming and that the argument is over?

Forum List

Back