Chick-fil-A now McDonald's biggest competitor

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Move over Burger King, Subway, and Wendy's.

Why Burger King Is No Longer McDonald’s Biggest Competitor

[QUOTE
Everyone has a favorite fast-food place and a go-to order. But which chain is the best overall restaurant? For many years it came down to McDonald’s vs. Burger King, and that was that—until now.

Who is McDonald’s biggest competitor?
These days, the Golden Arches faces a new competitor: Chick-fil-A. The chicken sandwich chain is expected to beat both Burger King and Wendy’s in sales this year, and is shaping up to become the third-largest restaurant chain in America, according to some food-industry reports, with more outlets than even Subway—the fast-food chain closing more locations than any other restaurant. In fact, Chick-fil-A is already beating McDonald’s by one key criteria, bringing in more money per store.
][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE
Everyone has a favorite fast-food place and a go-to order. But which chain is the best overall restaurant? For many years it came down to McDonald’s vs. Burger King, and that was that—until now.

These days, the Golden Arches faces a new competitor: Chick-fil-A. The chicken sandwich chain is expected to beat both Burger King and Wendy’s in sales this year, and is shaping up to become the third-largest restaurant chain in America, according to some food-industry reports, with more outlets than even Subway—the fast-food chain closing more locations than any other restaurant. In fact, Chick-fil-A is already beating McDonald’s by one key criteria, bringing in more money per store.
]

Why Burger King Is No Longer McDonald’s Biggest Competitor[/QUOTE]
Chick Fil A hands down over those other ones. I literally only get a sweet tea or other drink from McDonalds bc their food is gross. I prefer a dorito's loco's taco from taco bell if I don't eat Chic Fil A.

There's only a couple Chik-Fil-A's here in Oregon, but I have a feeling there are going to be many more in the coming years.

[QUOTE

]

Wow interesting. I don't think even have that franchise in Canada. At least in Ontario I don't thin I've ever seen it. I could be wrong of course.

[QUOTE

]

I've had Chick-fil-a a couple of times, it's a salt fest.......... One of their sandwiches could kill an entire colony of slugs with the amount of salt in it.

How do they make their chicken so greasy and dry at the same time?

Chick-Fil-A can't touch a couple of categories McD's has:
1. McDonald's Corp is the largest land holding corporation in da verld...
2. Mc D's is the world's largest distributor of toys..

[QUOTE

]

Their food is garbage so is Mcdonald's....Americans need to stay away from those. They have more crap than nutrition.

Never had Chick-Fil-A, but I've heard it's good. I doubt they ever dethrone McDonald's though. McDonald's is like the Walmart of fast food joints. My personal favorite is a junior bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's. I could eat a couple of those every day.

The chick-fil-a is too salty for me, it's like a salt sandwich.

I had stuffed chicken marsala at Olive Garden the other night, though. That was really good. The potatoes are great, they have the lumps in em the way I like em.

What is the reason for this post? Fast food....fast food is in and of itself a scurge in this nation. Chicken and beef full of artificial chemicals deep fried in an oil that is hard on ones GI tract. And we wonder why health care premiums are on the rise

Never had Chick-Fil-A, but I've heard it's good. I doubt they ever dethrone McDonald's though. McDonald's is like the Walmart of fast food joints. My personal favorite is a junior bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's. I could eat a couple of those every day.

Sears used to be the king of the hill in the Retail Universe, and Walmart came from behind to overtake them. Right now, Amazon has WMT in its crosshairs as we may have another shakeup.

Chick Fil A is pretty good, its great to see a restaurant chain when heterosexuality is considered "ok". Even after so many years of gay propaganda, there are still Americans out there that want to "supersize" it, and not "sodomize" it.

I don't know what the future holds, but CFA is opening locations in suburbia, the home of the Deplorable Middle Class and that's a great move.

How do they make their chicken so greasy and dry at the same time?

It's rock solid frozen when it gets pressure fried....creates a certain effect.

Jo

KFC pressure fries theirs, but it comes out good. A little pricey though
To each their own. But if Chik Fil A starts selling burgers and hits it out of the park, they will compete at some point with Mickee Dees..

Chick Fil A should definitely expand its menu over time, but I don't think they need to start frying burgers to compete with MCD. McDonalds has expanded successfully to areas like India, where you can't sell beef as the Cow is considered to be sacred.

Forum List

Back