Chicken Pot Pie...

I just started making those from scratch too, now that I have the time.. Love them..what is your recipe?
I do the Ringel05 thing too -- go to the store and get the Marie Calendar's.

We have a M.C. restaurant north of here about half an hour's drive.

But the store is closer.

I just started making those from scratch too, now that I have the time.. Love them..what is your recipe?

Pioneer Woman has a kick ass recipe!
Pot Pie
The only thing I did different was I added a bottom crust.

Oh...if you plan on doing the bottom crust you need to pre bake the bottom crust and you'll need some pie weights,dried beans or sugar work well.

Last edited:

Pot Pie

Oh...if you plan on doing the bottom crust you need to pre bake the bottom crust and you'll need some pie weights,dried beans or sugar work well.

I love Pioneer Woman...thanks I am going to make it this week and will take a picture..

Pot Pie

I love Pioneer Woman...thanks I am going to make it this week and will take a picture..

That is where I got my recipe from also...I add about 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
I boil a whole chicken, and make chicken salad with what I don't use. And of course use the broth for the recipe.
I boil the chicken with a quartered onion, 2 cutup carrots and 2 rough cut celery stems...salt/pepper and teaspoon of minced garlic. Better than store bought chicken broth with waaaaay less sodium

Pot Pie

Yeah she's great!
We've tried dozens of her recipes and I can only think of one that I didnt care for.
Her Pot Pie recipe taste exactly how a Pot Pie should taste....I mean it's dead on!!

Pot Pie

That is where I got my recipe from also...I add about 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
I boil a whole chicken, and make chicken salad with what I don't use. And of course use the broth for the recipe.
I boil the chicken with a quartered onion, 2 cutup carrots and 2 rough cut celery stems...salt/pepper and teaspoon of minced garlic. Better than store bought chicken broth with waaaaay less sodium

Whoops...forgot that part.
We added peas as well.

When I order Chicken Pot Pie at KFC I have to say it like Slow Donnie now....

If making your own try something different, a combination that works real well is:
Ham and Asparagus instead of Chicken and peas.
If you keep Kosher or Halāl then use
Turkey imitation Ham of course.
You might have to get the Turkey ham at the deli sliced real thick 1/2" to cut into your own cubes because turkey ham is usually only sold in cold cut slices.

Other dishes using the same combo is making a buttery country gravy with
Ham and Asparagus over toast for a unique change of pace breakfast.
To make the Country gravy I use 1 spoonfull of move over Butter, Soy Milk small pinch of ground Thyme, salt, pepper, corn starch or gravy flour to thicken, drained canned asparagus pieces or cut up frozen asparagus and chunks of ham or turkey ham.

The combo of buttery cream sauce with asparagus just goes well with the smokey flavor of the meat in a way you'd be pleasantly surprised and hooked on.
Makes a great pot pie, in fact you may never make another beef chicken or turkey pot pie ever again after trying this combo.

60c1b73fa41a4532a1917ec793dec7b9323f2e72d02cea772994d7742f794272.jpg

Forum List

Back