Chief Justice Roberts admonishes both sides at Senate impeachment trial, after marathon session.....

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
....erupts into shouting match!!!!

A marathon first day in the Senate impeachment trial against President Trump erupted into a shouting match well after midnight early Wednesday morning, as Trump's legal team unloaded on Democratic impeachment manager Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y. -- in an exchange that prompted a bleary-eyed Chief Justice John Roberts to sternly admonish both sides for misconduct in the chamber.

Nadler began the historic spat by speaking in support of the eighth amendment of the day proposed by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, after each of Schumer's previous attempted alterations to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's rules were rejected by a united Republican contingent by a vote of 53-47. The eighth amendment, issued as the clock struck midnight, was to issue a subpoena for former National Security Advisor John Bolton, who has reportedly described Trump's conduct as akin to a "drug deal."

Nader, who was overheard apparently planning to impeach Trump back in 2018, said it would be a "treacherous vote" and a "cover-up" for Republicans to reject the Bolton subpoena, claiming that "only guilty people try to hide evidence."

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

------------

All the judge has to do is rule that the prosecutions case is baseless, without merit or any legitimate charge, unconstitutional on its face and run the 2 articles of impeachment through a shredder on national TV. But Roberts cant tell the difference between a tax and a fee so I seriously doubt he could find his own ass with both hands, a map, and a flashlight.

A marathon first day in the Senate impeachment trial against President Trump erupted into a shouting match well after midnight early Wednesday morning, as Trump's legal team unloaded on Democratic impeachment manager Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y. -- in an exchange that prompted a bleary-eyed Chief Justice John Roberts to sternly admonish both sides for misconduct in the chamber.

Nadler began the historic spat by speaking in support of the eighth amendment of the day proposed by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, after each of Schumer's previous attempted alterations to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's rules were rejected by a united Republican contingent by a vote of 53-47. The eighth amendment, issued as the clock struck midnight, was to issue a subpoena for former National Security Advisor John Bolton, who has reportedly described Trump's conduct as akin to a "drug deal."

Nader, who was overheard apparently planning to impeach Trump back in 2018, said it would be a "treacherous vote" and a "cover-up" for Republicans to reject the Bolton subpoena, claiming that "only guilty people try to hide evidence."

------------

All the judge has to do is rule that the prosecutions case is baseless, without merit or any legitimate charge, unconstitutional on its face and run the 2 articles of impeachment through a shredder on national TV. But Roberts cant tell the difference between a tax and a fee so I seriously doubt he could find his own ass with both hands, a map, and a flashlight.
Roberts needs to be retire

Perhaps Justice Roberts is just following the Constitution ... isn't that a novel idea? ... this might shock the living hell out of you, but Roberts hasn't magically been made a member of the Senate just because the Constitution requires him to perform the roll of the Vice President and preside over the Senate Debate ... or do you honestly believe the Vice President is a member of the Senate? ...

Is the only reason you're paying any attention to the trial is to refill your hatred? ... I'm sad for you, being so hateful you have to fed such an evil monster ... willingly ... it's completely safe to ignore the whole affair, it's obvious Democrats don't have the 67 votes needed ... your self-loathing is wasted on such pettiness ...

------------

Pat Cipollone lied, intentionally I infer.

So no witnesses or documents, he is guilty as crap. No defense of tramp. Nothing. Might as well call is an end right now, I would not waste my time with the republicans.

A sham impeachment begets a quick dismissal.
Did the democrats think that their phony talking points would become more legitimate under scrutiny?
p.s. there can't be a "cover-up" if there is no crime to "cover up"?!

------------

So no witnesses or documents, he is guilty as crap. No defense of tramp. Nothing. Might as well call is an end right now, I would not waste my time with the republicans.
The democrat managers all lied. Intentionally, all day, and all night. So what? The trial was a foregone conclusion from the outset.

------------

The democrat managers all lied. Intentionally, all day, and all night. So what? The trial was a foregone conclusion from the outset.

no the dems didn't lie, but the republicans sure did. Yes its a waste of time, tramp has taken free will away from the republicans.

------------

The House presented no witnesses and no evidence for their 2 non criminal Articles.

But loopy Iran Nan is still giddy that the Impeachment is forever! Here's a pen!

------------

no the dems didn't lie, but the republicans sure did. Yes its a waste of time, tramp has taken free will away from the republicans.
Someone needs to institute you as your blatant lies are truly getting out of hand....Tell us SPECIFICALLY what crimes and midsomer the president has broken as these are the only reasons impeachment is involved with....Give us the criminal codes as we want to look them up, because....

thumb_trying-to-find-the-part-ofthe-constitution-where-cuzi-hate-46338438.png

What the hell happened to all that "overwhelming and irrefutable" evidence that Democrats voted for impeachment on? They all portrayed the evidence for impeachment as a slam dunk. The truth is, there never was any evidence against Trump. That's why the House Democrats had to invent the secretive process they used to impeach him. Now they show up in the Senate with no case at all, expecting Republicans to finish their job for them. Their incompetence is stunning. They're lucky to have so many people who can lie like thieves and keep straight faces. They should STFU and get back to work.

Have they decided to call Hunted Biden yet? We need to hear from that lowlife crackhead.... he'll throw daddy and the uncles under the bus in a heartbeat. Especially if he's tweaking.

Wouldn't hurt to bring in all his baby mamas too. We need a little reference on how fucking sleazy this Biden Crime Family is.

------------

Someone needs to institute you as your blatant lies are truly getting out of hand....Tell us SPECIFICALLY what crimes and midsomer the president has broken as these are the only reasons impeachment is involved with....Give us the criminal codes as we want to look them up, because....

the republicans have no free will and if they get out of hand turkey neck, aka Moscow Mitch puts them in line.

all together now, Yes or NO. They are like spoiled children, Can I go to the bathroom now?

------------

the republicans have no free will and if they get out of hand turkey neck, aka Moscow Mitch puts them in line.

all together now, Yes or NO.
So as we all know...YOU LIED AND THERE IS NO GROUNDS FOR IMPEACHMENT....YOU are one of the best advertisements to keep president Trump!.....

71648833-dcfc-4ee2-b2e4-c645d6af2081.jpeg

------------

Article-1 is dead because hearsay evidence is NOT allowed in the senate. Hearsay evidence was allowed in the House, so the impeachment is based on bad evidence.
Article-2 is dead because the USSC killed it when they said that Trump does have due process rights and can take House subpoenas to court, and that is NOT "Obstruction of the House"

------------

all together now, Yes or NO. They are like spoiled children, Can I go to the bathroom now?
So, no one can disagree with you eh, or they "have no free will"? Tell you what, when your in the bathroom, take the time to think of a better argument, because this free will crap is so, so weak.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

------------

The House presented no witnesses and no evidence for their 2 non criminal Articles.

But loopy Iran Nan is still giddy that the Impeachment is forever! Here's a pen!
:cuckoo::cuckoo:

There were at least 10 witnesses in the house.

------------

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

There were at least 10 witnesses in the house.
There were 35 people called, only ONE SUPPOSED WITNESS WHO SAID

Why are you so STUPID, AND make a fool of yourself with each left wing post?

What the hell happened to all that "overwhelming and irrefutable" evidence that Democrats voted for impeachment on?

McConnell is allowing NO witnesses or evidence. Keep up

------------

------------

Article-1 is dead because hearsay evidence is NOT allowed in the senate. Hearsay evidence was allowed in the House, so the impeachment is based on bad evidence.
Article-2 is dead because the USSC killed it when they said that Trump does have due process rights and can take House subpoenas to court, and that is NOT "Obstruction of the House"

Do we all understand that yesterday was the 1st time we actually got to hear from the Trump defense team in a court setting thnx to how the House ran its phony impeachment?

Did you also notice that they took around 1/2 the time to address the senate compared to the Left? Why do you think that is?

Let me tell you what is REALLY GOING ON---------------->the Left wants these documents; not to prove Trumps guilt, (although they wouldn't cry if it did) but to keep the impeachment going as long as possible, so they have a competing narrative for when Durhams report is dropped. It is not like the senate is going to sit through testimony for 3 or 4 months, they will have a looooooooong pause to "investigate and study" the released documents, which could be in the 10s of thousands. It would then magically resume the impeachment trial, just as Durham was about to release his report, and he started issuing indictments.

And also, let me add the competing narratives that have yet to be voiced in the Senate due to all these amendments------------>

1. The Lefts--------------> Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate Biden so he could use foreign influence in the 2020 election to help his campaign, just like he did (notice how they try and use linkage here) in the 2016 campaign with the Russians, or the Ukrainians, or whomever.

2. Trump teams---------> Trump wanted it all looked into because of the 2016 campaign, and the spying that was done on him and his administration, to see if Ukraine was involved in helping the DNC or the Obama Administration with the spying, or digging up dirt; and who/whom was involved with it if true.

Now then, in closing let me remind everyone so as I do not make this to long-------------->ALL, or most all of the primary witnesses for the Lefts side were asked directly, I am paraphrasing here as it was asked in multiple different ways by multiple senators, "Do YOU personally know of, or have any 1st hand knowledge, of the President committing an illegal or impeachable offense?"

The answer unanimously was NO!

So now you know why the Left is pushing in every direction it can, EXCEPT in the direction of the evidence that they accumulated. Just as in the collusion/delusion, they have no evidence of anything, and need to keep this going hoping they can find something.

Just think back not to long ago------------> it has been PROVEN beyond a reasonable doubt, that by mid January of 2017, the FBI knew conclusively that there was "no there, there" in the Russian, collusion/delusion. And yet, more than 45 days after that, the Left DEMANDED a special counsel to investigate. By mid August of 2017 at the very latest, Mueller knew also that there was no "there, there" too, as he passed for legal purposes on renewing FISA warrants, and yet kept the investigation going past the midterm elections before exonerating the President.

Do we see a pattern here, and it is NOT from President Trumps side! And if you see no pattern here, you are blind in one eye, and can't see out the other!

Forum List

Back