Child bride in Yemen dies of internal bleeding on wedding night: activist

How so? Muslims live are highly religious, conservative societies and follow their religion as a way of life and above all laws.

Except Islamic majority countries do have law sets. Now, not all countries have far reach with the central government, but that is hardly something limited to developing Islamic countries and would be covered under my "weak government institutions" variable.

Last edited:
Won't accept minimum wage, huh?

With my student loan payments? God no. I have my class curriculum from the Foreign Service Institute that I could post though if you'd like to see it. It isn't something that you can find online and is only given to those who take the courses, but it is unclassified so I can share it.

Last edited:
Amazing how Miss Osimir carries on about this. Many of the posters can say they are world class scholars on a number of topics and who would know the difference. By the way, I am a famous heart transplant surgeon and a Texas Hold 'Em champion, but I don't want to brag about it on a forum. Now enough about child brides, Miss Osimir, since you probably also studied the problem of honor killings as it mainly affects females. Can you give us the rundown of honor killings because of the perceived stain on the family's reputation?

Hoss...calm down....take a deep breath - it's ok... It's just ONE post :eusa_shifty:
Im O.K. now. Just took my Prozac.

woah dude....that wasn't Prozac:eek:

Just your résumé is enough to see if you'll be hired. Don't be bashful.

My resume has too much personal information on it.
You better watch it. "Misnomer" wrote a thesis on women's rights and completely glossed over the persecution and plight of women on Muslim countries, while getting high marks for it. By the local mosque of course. :lmao:

You better watch it. "Misnomer" wrote a thesis on women's rights and completely glossed over the persecution and plight of women on Muslim countries, while getting high marks for it. By the local mosque of course. :lmao:

The thesis was a quantitative analysis on how much increases in women's rights impact economic variables across countries (as divided by sector of growth reliance). I didn't touch on religion no, but then again religion didn't really have anything to do with it. As a side note, some of the worst countries for women's rights aren't Islamic countries (some are) but many aren't. The middle East for example, tends to score higher than most of Sub-Saharan Africa.

Last edited:

With my student loan payments? God no. I have my class curriculum from the Foreign Service Institute that I could post though if you'd like to see it. It isn't something that you can find online and is only given to those who take the courses, but it is unclassified so I can share it.
Thass O.K. I'll take your word on that. Go, and sin no mo.

Such a curriculum would demonstrate both formal professional training in Africa and Islamism as well as provide supporting evidence for my work with the State Department. Not just anyone can take classes from the FSI.

My resume has too much personal information on it.

Roudy, Roudy, Roudy....it's back to school for you on Reading Comprehension 101. It was not the persecution and plight of women in Muslim countries but Parchment Fish and Battered Cod Pieces in Home Ec 101 and that was way back in High.

The thesis was a quantitative analysis on how much increases in women's rights impact economic variables across countries (as divided by sector of growth reliance). I didn't touch on religion no, but then again religion didn't really have anything to do with it. As a side note, some of the worst countries for women's rights aren't Islamic countries (some are) but many aren't. The middle East for example, tends to score higher than most of Sub-Saharan Africa.

Sudan, Congo, Chad and Afghanistan came up as the 4 worst for women's rights and of the ten worst was Guatamala, Pakistan, India, Iraq, Mali. Chad was the worst. And those countries are mixture of religions. :dunno:

Such a curriculum would demonstrate both formal professional training in Africa and Islamism as well as provide supporting evidence for my work with the State Department. Not just anyone can take classes from the FSI.
I just showed your posts to a retired CIA guy, and he is laughing. However, carry on, Miss Osomir, while I get ready for my next heart transplant surgery. And, remember, not everyone is chosen to take heart transplant surgery as a specialty.

I just showed your posts to a retired CIA guy, and he is laughing. However, carry on, Miss Osomir, while I get ready for my next heart transplant surgery. And, remember, not everyone is chosen to take heart transplant surgery as a specialty.

Nifty, but that doesn't change anything that I said. ;)

Nifty, but that doesn't change anything that I said. ;)
BTW, next time you're up at State, tell JFK 'ol Hoss said Hey. I knew him in Viet Nam but he's out of my league now.

Sudan, Congo, Chad and Afghanistan came up as the 4 worst for women's rights and of the ten worst was Guatamala, Pakistan, India, Iraq, Mali. Chad was the worst. And those countries are mixture of religions. :dunno:

It depends on what factors you want to look at and emphasize when making your list. I worked with the Economist Intelligence Unit's Women Economic Opportunity Index and one thing that was decided to do was the emphasize every variable with equal weight and then make the data open source so that others could adjust the weights as they like. The countries will shift depending on what you consider to be more important.

If you want the country with the highest birth rate for the lowest economic quintile of population for example you get Niger.

If you want the rape capitals of the world you'll get the Congo, South Africa, and perhaps India.

If you want lack of security Afghanistan, the Congo, Sudan, Pakistan then become major players.

If you want lack of land ownership rights and little access to financial credit then much of Sub-Saharan Africa from Niger to Malawi becomes highlighted.

Middle Eastern countries tend to do a lot better in the areas of women's education and health opportunities (in part, because they aren't as poor), and, depending on the country, market and job access.

BTW, next time you're up at State, tell JFK 'ol Hoss said Hey. I knew him in Viet Nam but he's out of my league now.

Not sure how that is supposed to be a comeback, but hey go you!

Last edited:

It depends on what factors you want to look at and emphasize when making your list. I worked with the Economist Intelligence Unit's Women Economic Opportunity Index and one thing that was decided to do was the emphasize every variable with equal weight and then make the data open source so that others could adjust the weights as they like. The countries will shift depending on what you consider to be more important.

If you want the country with the highest birth rate for the lowest economic quintile of population for example you get Niger.

If you want the rape capitals of the world you'll get the Congo, South Africa, and perhaps India.

If you want lack of security Afghanistan, the Congo, Sudan, Pakistan then become major players.

If you want lack of land ownership rights and little access to financial credit then much of Sub-Saharan Africa from Niger to Malawi becomes highlighted.

Middle Eastern countries tend to do a lot better in the areas of women's education and health opportunities (in part, because they aren't as poor), and, depending on the country, market and job access.

I found it off this site: 10 Worst Countries for Women in The Developing Word which seems to look at a variety of factors - violence, security, legal/property rights, education, marriage ages.

That's interesting, how it changes based on what you adjust for. A lot of those countries are also in conflict or with weak central government which would make it hard to effect much change.

That's interesting, how it changes based on what you adjust for. A lot of those countries are also in conflict or with weak central government which would make it hard to effect much change.

Indeed, which is why I made such a big deal out of weak governmental institutions. Roudy and Hoss seem to be of the impression that Islamic countries are the only countries with customary law that operates outside of formal law but it is pretty common across countries regardless of their dominant religion. An example: Women in rural Malawi aren't allowed to own land under customary law even though such ownership is guaranteed under central Malawian law. Nor are they allowed to plow fields (they have to pay men to do it) and Malawi is far from an Islamic country (it used to be ruled as a Puritan state).

It is a pretty common occurrence all over Sub-Saharan Africa where countries experience weaker governance. Mali, Niger, Chad, Sudan, South Sudan, the DR Congo, the C.A.R, etc all have large swaths of land that rest largely outside of government control and thus customary law, however it is derived tends to rule, and none of it, tends to be fairly equitable with regards to the roles of men and women regardless of the dominant religion.

Last edited:

No, religion didn't have much to do with it, sure sure. :cuckoo: No wonder you keep repeating that Mohammad's marriage to a 9 year old doesn't play a major role in the prevalence of child brides in Muslim countries.

Funny how you keeping having to go to Sub-Saharan Africa (many of which are Muslim countries), to cite societies more abusive and chauvinistic towards women, or on par with, Muslim societies. :lmao:

Last edited:

Not sure how that is supposed to be a comeback, but hey go you!
You said you worked at the State Dept. John Forbes Kerry works there too. When you see him, say 'ol Hoss sez 'Hey'. Simple.

As I cited before in my Wikipedia link, the highest rate of child brides is among Muslim societies, which is attributed to Islam and Shariah law. It's in this thread, just go back and read it.

Also, most of the countries you listed are entirely Muslim, if not Muslim majority. Yet you called countries such as Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, "mixed religion".

LOL...talk about misrepresentation.