🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

China bans burqas

Good for China! Other countries are doing what we should have done LONG ago. Don't like the laws of the land? Stay the fuck out of that land.

It wasn't the law of the land in China, until now. China consists of a huge territory that incorporates a number of long standing ethnic groups that were forceably conquered.

Good for China! Other countries are doing what we should have done LONG ago. Don't like the laws of the land? Stay the fuck out of that land.

It wasn't the law of the land in China, until now. China consists of a huge territory that incorporates a number of long standing ethnic groups that were forceably conquered.
Doesn't matter. Law of the land there now is NO BURQAS. Yay for them, I say!

Why?

It has nothing to do with cultural norms in China.

It's just one more example of China's human rights abuses. Funny thing that people admire that.

Why?

It's just one more example of China's human rights abuses. Funny thing that people admire that.

I've heard of the Uyghurs in China and how they've kind of been treated horribly by the government. This does seem like just one more way to keep them down. Look at what they've done to the Dalai Lama! The Chinese government simply doesn't like people and will mistreat those who disagree with their policies.

Why?

I've heard of the Uyghurs in China and how they've kind of been treated horribly by the government. This does seem like just one more way to keep them down. Look at what they've done to the Dalai Lama! The Chinese government simply doesn't like people and will mistreat those who disagree with their policies.

China and Russia/USSR are very similar in that they forceably incorporated a lot of minority peoples and attempted to strip them of their ethnic identities, culture and even religion. Some of it was brutal. I don't know as much about China, but the Soviets forceably moved peoples around - sending ethnic peoples to other parts of Russia and native Russian-speaking people into the conquered territories to dilute the populations. Many were sent to Siberia where they had few skills to survive. What the Chinese have done with the Tibetans is reprehensible. The Tibetans aren't Chinese, they've had their own culture, language, and religion for eons and the Chinese are slowly grinding them down.

Why?

China and Russia/USSR are very similar in that they forceably incorporated a lot of minority peoples and attempted to strip them of their ethnic identities, culture and even religion. Some of it was brutal. I don't know as much about China, but the Soviets forceably moved peoples around - sending ethnic peoples to other parts of Russia and native Russian-speaking people into the conquered territories to dilute the populations. Many were sent to Siberia where they had few skills to survive. What the Chinese have done with the Tibetans is reprehensible. The Tibetans aren't Chinese, they've had their own culture, language, and religion for eons and the Chinese are slowly grinding them down.

All true------The Chinese in building their utopian china have
not only oppressed----they have murdered. They have followed the same path as the USSR utopia builders-----the
muslim utopia builders, the roman utopia builders------
------Utopias are not nice. Alexander tried to do it nicely--
but he died young-----well---actually he was not all that nice
either-----but nicer than most

I guess I am just bigoted when it comes to Burkas.

in the world as it is today----and the ethos of islam what it is
today------it seems to me to be too convenient a disguise

well, from what I've heard the Uyghurs are not anything like Islamists in the ME.

Uyghur people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

well, from what I've heard the Uyghurs are not anything like Islamists in the ME.

Uyghur people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I am not impressed-----I have encountered and KNOWN muslims from lots of different places in the world-----muslims
do INTERACT with ----each other ------and pick up their
"ideas" from each other ----the UYGHUR people are not
isolated and PROTECTED from jihadist ideology. It has amazed me since I have been "in contact"----how much they HATE EACH OTHER-----despite the fact that the share common ideologies. Hate each other as they do----their
greatest and consistent hatred is THE KAFFIRIN

Regular, everyday folks from anywhere who happen to be Muslim are not like Islamist terrorist idiots. I've had many a beer with some good Uyghur folks in China, but I have also had many a beer with Muslims from Yemen, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, and elsewhere.

Regular, everyday folks from anywhere who happen to be Muslim are not like Islamist terrorist idiots. I've had many a beer with some good Uyghur folks in China, but I have also had many a beer with Muslims from Yemen, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, and elsewhere.

I thought Muslims weren't supposed to drink? :D

Why?

All true------The Chinese in building their utopian china have
not only oppressed----they have murdered. They have followed the same path as the USSR utopia builders-----the
muslim utopia builders, the roman utopia builders------
------Utopias are not nice. Alexander tried to do it nicely--
but he died young-----well---actually he was not all that nice
either-----but nicer than most

I think most utopias end up as distopias :)

Cuz it's stupid.

As long as no one forces me to wear one, I don't care if someone else chooses to wear one :)

I do think that some women might be kind of brainwashed into believing that their bodies are "evil." That is kind of the concept behind the burqa, to hide our female shape. I think some of them were born into this belief and have fallen for that misinformation that men cannot control themselves. That's kind of sad. We should be able to be proud of our bodies and not have to hide them because of men. That's my opinion. However, if an adult woman chooses on her own to wear a burqa, who am I to tell them they cannot?

Forum List

Back