🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

China bans burqas

I guess I am just bigoted when it comes to Burkas.

in the world as it is today----and the ethos of islam what it is
today------it seems to me to be too convenient a disguise

well, from what I've heard the Uyghurs are not anything like Islamists in the ME.

Uyghur people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
I guess I am just bigoted when it comes to Burkas.

in the world as it is today----and the ethos of islam what it is
today------it seems to me to be too convenient a disguise

well, from what I've heard the Uyghurs are not anything like Islamists in the ME.

Uyghur people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I am not impressed-----I have encountered and KNOWN muslims from lots of different places in the world-----muslims
do INTERACT with ----each other ------and pick up their
"ideas" from each other ----the UYGHUR people are not
isolated and PROTECTED from jihadist ideology. It has amazed me since I have been "in contact"----how much they HATE EACH OTHER-----despite the fact that the share common ideologies. Hate each other as they do----their
greatest and consistent hatred is THE KAFFIRIN

There are considerable cultural differences amongst Muslims around the world. Take for example the Shia/Sunni divide which doesn't exist in many Muslim cultures outside the ME.
Cuz it's stupid.

As long as no one forces me to wear one, I don't care if someone else chooses to wear one :)

I do think that some women might be kind of brainwashed into believing that their bodies are "evil." That is kind of the concept behind the burqa, to hide our female shape. I think some of them were born into this belief and have fallen for that misinformation that men cannot control themselves. That's kind of sad. We should be able to be proud of our bodies and not have to hide them because of men. That's my opinion. However, if an adult woman chooses on her own to wear a burqa, who am I to tell them they cannot?

It's funny - I am not sure if that is the reason, so much as it is religious modesty. I've heard some women that say they actually feel more "liberated" with a Burkha and safer - they don't feel like they are being oggled by men. But, the thing is...the Abrahamic religions seem to emphasize that women's body's are evil and full of temptation (as if men can't control themselves on their own). Women have to be "pure" - men, not so much.

From Coyote -----There are considerable cultural differences amongst Muslims around the world. Take for example the Shia/Sunni divide which doesn't exist in many Muslim cultures outside the ME. -

Poor coyote-----she is so ignorant of fact-----I have worked closely with muslims in the USA for the past 45 years. I
learned about the Shiite/sunni divide----something like 44 years ago working with muslims from South east asia.
It was certainly not an issue in the USA at that time-----and I
was completely clueless as to why Iranians seemed to hate arabs and Pakistanis. Then I asked a muslim doc from
New Dehli who freely expressed his hatred of hindus-----"why
did your family not move to Pakistan in 1948"?. The man
FLARED in anger-----it took a few months-----then I got it
piece by piece-------he was a Shiite-----Pakistanis (mostly sunni) murder Shiites in the streets----especially the important ones------like the teachers and doctors----thanks coyote for your input,,,,, SHEEeeeSh get a clue.. ------45 years ago-----I was a kid with a part time weekend job----

No person in their right mind would wear a burka when it's 90 degrees outside. ...

Have you noticed what men in the Middle East wear? Calm down and try to be rational.

I've seen Muslim men here in America wearing regular clothes while their wives or daughters or whatever are completely covered in the middle of summertime. Give it up. It is clearly a patriarchal society in which women are NOT free. I've done enough research on this topic over the years. This is not the first time I've argued about this crapola.

No person in their right mind would wear a burka when it's 90 degrees outside. ...

Have you noticed what men in the Middle East wear? Calm down and try to be rational.

I've seen Muslim men here in America wearing regular clothes while their wives or daughters or whatever are completely covered in the middle of summertime. Give it up. It is clearly a patriarchal society in which women are NOT free. I've done enough research on this topic over the years. This is not the first time I've argued about this crapola.

"Research," meaning pulling shit out of your ass.

My problem with the burka is simple - it denigrates women by trying to place them in a secondary - or lower - role in society. It says, "I have no control over my life and must humble myself before all men." And, any woman who doesn't wear one is considered a whore.

That is just plain wrong!

I actually do not care how muslim women feel about it------
the whole shebang dress up thing in black is
SCARY, especially now ----at a time in proximity
to events for which sluts who carry machine guns
and then disappear

I actually do not care how muslim women feel about it-----
And I imagine most Muslim women do not care how YOU feel about it.

actually they do. After 9-11-01 Muslim women were advised
by CAIR elements to report all hostility directed against them
to the cops. The precincts of New York city were flooded with
complaints by veiled women of HOSTILE GAZES ----sometimes they claimed that someone yanked their veil physically but just a HOSTILE GLANCE actually became a complaint

They wear it because they think they have to. ...

How many Muslim women have told you that personally, to your face?

How many have I told to my face? Lol. Shut up.

In other words, you just pulled that illogical crap out of your ass.

I thought you were the one who liked to play with things that came out of your arse.

You thought wrong, Again.

My problem with the burka is simple - it denigrates women by trying to place them in a secondary - or lower - role in society. It says, "I have no control over my life and must humble myself before all men."

How many Muslim women have told you that is what it means to them?

No, research meaning reading all kinds of articles, including some from Muslim women themselves, who feel like they MUST cover their bodies. Are you denying that men in many Muslim countries FORCE women to wear the burka? Like in Saudi Arabia and other places where women will be beaten for NOT wearing one? You've got some pretty big issues, huh? Maybe you need to learn how to respect women.

I thought you were the one who liked to play with things that came out of your arse.

No I'm not. Someone already posted the translation, and you haven't changed it yet, so that says a lot. Lol.

No I'm not. ...

Yes, you are. "Someone" posted out of ignorance and you are repeating out of even deeper ignorance. Wanna keep trolling, troll, or do you want to "contribute" more BS you just made up?

No I'm not. ...

Yes, you are. "Someone" posted out of ignorance and you are repeating out of even deeper ignorance. Wanna keep trolling, troll, or do you want to "contribute" more BS you just made up?

ARe you kidding me? You really are fucking dumb, aren't you? In some countries, women are not allowed to leave the house without a male companion. They are not allowed to talk to a man who is not a family member or husband. They are not allowed to drive. They are brought up to believe it is a sin to show their skin and that the men may rape them if they do. You are a sick fuck. Don't talk to me anymore. I hate people like you who encourage this sick behavior towards women. Women are people, and that is NOT freedom.

Forum List

Back