China building an insane number of new coal plants

Greta
climatechangecultlmaokkjsfhskjdfh.jpg

Who is going to stop them?

No one is going to stop them, the Red Chinese are trying to grow their economy.

Although its interesting to me that they are going with coal based power plants instead of natural gas ones. I guess coal is a lot less expensive way to go.

Although its interesting to me that they are going with coal based power plants instead of natural gas ones. I guess coal is a lot less expensive way to go.
Coal is the way to go when you want lots of energy for really cheap.
It really helps when you don't have to worry about the insane climate regulations that are going to crash our grids here

Coal is the way to go when you want lots of energy for really cheap.
It really helps when you don't have to worry about the insane climate regulations that are going to crash our grids here

I did not realize that. With modern pipeline technology, I would have thought that gas would be competitive in a lot of situations as you can't ship coal through a pipe.

No one is going to stop them, the Red Chinese are trying to grow their economy.

China has vast deposits of coal that can be easily strip mined.

I did not realize that. With modern pipeline technology, I would have thought that gas would be competitive in a lot of situations as you can't ship coal through a pipe.
It was definitely trending in that direction, particularly with the fracking & new technologies tapping reserves we didn't know we had previously.
We were well on the way to having clean burning natural gas take over with cheap energy here domestically until the diaper dude & his eco-fascist backers started putting on the brakes

Who is going to stop them?

Paragraph #2 in your article:

"In fairness, China also leads the world in terms of installed wind and solar power, and investments in energy storage batteries, electric vehicles, and ultra-high transmission lines—all key elements for a clean energy transition. China has also pledged to peak related air emissions by 2030, and the Xi government has said it will drastically cut coal use in 2026 to meet that goal."

So it looks as if they are planning on stopping themselves.

Last edited:
Paragraph #2 in your article:

In fairness, China also leads the world in terms of installed wind and solar power, and investments in energy storage batteries, electric vehicles, and ultra-high transmission lines—all key elements for a clean energy transition. China has also pledged to peak related air emissions by 2030, and the Xi government has said it will drastically cut coal use in 2026 to meet that goal.

So it looks as if they are planning on stopping themselves.
Oh I have no doubt that they will stop. I'm merely pointing out that all the gains we've made here by self-mutilating are being erased by them currently.

Another poster pointed out something that's quite relevant however to their situation. China is experiencing a massive population implosion at an extreme rate. I was unaware of it until it was pointed out to me.

Jo

Oh I have no doubt that they will stop. I'm merely pointing out that all the gains we've made here by self-mutilating are being erased by them currently.

Another poster pointed out something that's quite relevant however to their situation. China is experiencing a massive population implosion at an extreme rate. I was unaware of it until it was pointed out to me.

Jo
What "self-mutilating"?

Since Co2 does nothing there is no reason not to use coal.
You've obviously never dealt with the stuff personally. My grandparents had a coal fired furnace in their home and used it (the bituminous variety) in the fireplace. Nasty stuff.

You've obviously never dealt with the stuff personally. My grandparents had a coal fired furnace in their home and used it (the bituminous variety) in the fireplace. Nasty stuff.

Better than nuclear.

Forum List

Back