China & Europe worried tax cuts will cause a giant sucking sound...

Regardless of the party affiliation of the current and temporary White House occupant, it certainly is sad to see people hoping for the worst for purely political advantage.

Are we not better than this?

Is that a rhetorical question?

other nations will just lower their corporate tax rate to be competitive with us....

that's how it works....

then what?

we give another tax break to bring corporations even lower than the 21%?

They were already lower , and read the links we are using double taxation in the bill unless you make it in America :)

here is what the BBC article said .....

The US is likely to face challenges to some measures and the combination of changes could pressure other countries to rewrite their own rules, perhaps by lowering taxes, said Reuven Avi-Yonah, a law professor at the University of Michigan.

They will combat what we have done by lowering their own tax rates to be competitive to capture more of the market share....they will not sit idly and simply watch...

Globalist corporations are rejoicing!

Will Trump's plans trigger a tax war?
Not possible. Between tax evasion and avoidance the member states of the EU are in big trouble. A tax war would have to go below national survival rates to get to the point where they were cutting taxes actually collected. and FW China's tax and regulation evasion and avoidance are even bigger.

Kind of crazy the only people we really have to fight over this are our own citizens who're too fucking stupid to understand what is happening.
Oh no...our citizens have seen this scenario before. Remember the Bush tax cuts? That was supposed to do all the things you claim Trump's tax cuts will do. But what happened?
The trickle down theory and job creation went bust when the money saved was used to pay stockholders and give outrageous bonuses to thieves in suits called CEOS. And few if any returned their operations to these shores....yeah...so the real stupidity is to fall for that trick again.

Kind of crazy the only people we really have to fight over this are our own citizens who're too fucking stupid to understand what is happening.
Oh no...our citizens have seen this scenario before. Remember the Bush tax cuts? That was supposed to do all the things you claim Trump's tax cuts will do. But what happened?
The trickle down theory and job creation went bust when the money saved was used to pay stockholders and give outrageous bonuses to thieves in suits called CEOS. And few if any returned their operations to these shores....yeah...so the real stupidity is to fall for that trick again.

Actually Bush's economy was fine. He was very successful and even sparked a worldwide economic boom. The only thing that stopped us was the housing crash which had many a Democrat fingerprint on it.

One of the goals of this bill is to bring trillions of dollars back to the states which only benefit Americans. That's one of the reasons our friends overseas are so worried.

The jobs won't come back.

Why in the world would the corporations give up cheaper labor in favor of more expensive American labor?
What made the labor more expensive? Taxes maybe?
No...probably collective bargaining. Blue collar demands for living a middleclass lifestyle. Obviously the corporate powers that be don't think American's are worth it. But they do want our business. Yep...here is the deal: just keep buying our products suckers but we'll keep the manufacturing jobs overseas where the labor is cheaper and air pollution is unregulated.

Why in the world would the corporations give up cheaper labor in favor of more expensive American labor?
No...probably collective bargaining. Blue collar demands for living a middleclass lifestyle. Obviously the corporate powers that be don't think American's are worth it. But they do want our business. Yep...here is the deal: just keep buying our products suckers but we'll keep the manufacturing jobs overseas where the labor is cheaper and air pollution is unregulated.

That's absolutely correct. It's the American consumer that controls how our products are made. For the last several decades, the theme of the consumer has been cheap. We don't care about quality that much, we don't care about warranties, just make our products as cheap as possible and we will buy them.

Actually Bush's economy was fine. He was very successful and even sparked a worldwide economic boom. The only thing that stopped us was the housing crash which had many a Democrat fingerprint on it.

One of the goals of this bill is to bring trillions of dollars back to the states which only benefit Americans. That's one of the reasons our friends overseas are so worried.
The topic is about massive tax cuts for corporations in a recent historical context. We've heard these lies before. Bush was the president who allowed the implementation of
those tax cuts even as two wars were raging
and a financial crisis was looming. Bank bailouts ...the auto industry was going under...
economic Armageddon seemed imminent.
And Bush cut taxes. It seems there were forces within our own government bent on destroying the nation...on the eve of the inauguration of the first black president.

The topic is about massive tax cuts for corporations in a recent historical context. We've heard these lies before. Bush was the president who allowed the implementation of
and a financial crisis was looming. Bank bailouts ...the auto industry was going under...
And Bush cut taxes. It seems there were forces within our own government bent on destroying the nation...on the eve of the inauguration of the first black president.

If not for the housing problem, we would have enjoyed a great economy right into the McCain years. Yes, people seen it coming, but things were so good nobody wanted to rock the boat. While both sides were to blame, it was started by the Democrats during the Clinton years. You can't tell banks they have to make loans to people that have little or no ability to repay those loans without creating a huge problem.

That's absolutely correct. It's the American consumer that controls how our products are made. For the last several decades, the theme of the consumer has been cheap. We don't care about quality that much, we don't care about warranties, just make our products as cheap as possible and we will buy them.
But if there are no jobs...who is going to buy those cheap products? And when the customer base disappears...we shall see who the true American patriots are. And i doubt even a few conglomerates will be among them.

Last edited:

If not for the housing problem, we would have enjoyed a great economy right into the McCain years. Yes, people seen it coming, but things were so good nobody wanted to rock the boat. While both sides were to blame, it was started by the Democrats during the Clinton years. You can't tell banks they have to make loans to people that have little or no ability to repay those loans without creating a huge problem.
Tax cuts were supposed to bring jobs as promised. That never happened. The rich got richer and the unemployment rate rose astronomically. The unemployment rate finally normalized under Obama without tax cuts.

“For the last several decades”? Try since the 1920s at least.

There is no incentive to bring back lots of jobs.

The corps just got a huge tax break without any incentive to give up cheap labor and unregulated air, earth, and water for production overseas.

I disagree. Even when I was younger people still had a sense of quality in their purchases. In 1980 when I got my first apartment, I wanted the best television I could buy, so I went to the Curtis Mathis store and paid $1,500 for a 25 inch console. I even took a loan from the bank to get it.

Spending that kind of money back then was like spending $4,000 today. It was a good chunk of change. But I knew I was getting the best quality and that damn television set ran for over 20 years without a repair or the screen rolling once (which was very uncommon back then).

There were more union people at the time as well. Union workers were hell bent on buying products only made in the USA. Today nobody cares where it's made. As long as it's cheap, they will buy it.

Tax cuts were supposed to bring jobs as promised. That never happened. The rich got richer and the unemployment rate rose astronomically. The unemployment rate finally normalized under Obama without tax cuts.

Was that because of anything DumBama did or was that because of all he phony money being pumped into the stock market?

The tax cuts did work until the housing collapse. Tax cuts were a positive but not nearly enough to overcome the huge negative of the economic collapse. There was nothing anybody could do.

Trying to convince me that allowing people to keep more of their money was responsible for terrible economic times doesn't even compute; it doesn't make sense.

part time unemployment Obama.png

But if there are no jobs...who is going to buy those cheap products? And when the customer base disappears...we shall see who the true American patriots are. And i doubt even a few conglomerates will be among them.

That's hardly our problem today. We have a booming economy and plenty of businesses that can't find help.

I spend my days in industrial sites. Every one is loaded with HELP WANTED signs. You can to back to an industrial area weeks and even months later and see the same signs still on the buildings.

I disagree. Even when I was younger people still had a sense of quality in their purchases. In 1980 when I got my first apartment, I wanted the best television I could buy, so I went to the Curtis Mathis store and paid $1,500 for a 25 inch console. I even took a loan from the bank to get it.

Spending that kind of money back then was like spending $4,000 today. It was a good chunk of change. But I knew I was getting the best quality and that damn television set ran for over 20 years without a repair or the screen rolling once (which was very uncommon back then).

There were more union people at the time as well. Union workers were hell bent on buying products only made in the USA. Today nobody cares where it's made. As long as it's cheap, they will buy it.

That was back when American labor unions made decent products. But two decades of hiring quotas, exorbitant wage increases, corruption, trade-protectionism, and political cronyism priced them out of the jobs. People wonder why so many corporations moved their operations overseas, labor unions had everything to do with that.

That was back when American labor unions made decent products. But two decades of hiring quotas, exorbitant wage increases, corruption, trade-protectionism, and political cronyism priced them out of the jobs. People wonder why so many corporations moved their operations overseas, labor unions had everything to do with that.

Agreed, because much like a minimum wage increase, unions had a domino effect on non-union companies.

When our wages went up a dollar, wages in other countries went up four cents. When our wages went up another dollar, they went up three cents elsewhere, so eventually we priced ourselves out of the world market.

In a struggle to keep up with wages while still having a consumer base, American manufacturers started to use cheaper material. The money you spend on an American vehicle today is less used for quality and more used for legacy costs like workers who retired at the age of 50 with a great pension and medical care for the rest of their lives.

So it's the American consumer that refuses to support great paying monkey jobs--not the manufacturers.

Forum List

Back