Chinese Issues

DustyInfinity

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2018
Midwest
I've read many times that Chinese citizens don't have access to non-state internet. I believe they called it the Golden Shield, to deny access to internet. I was wondering how complete and effective this censorship is. I've heard many people say that Chinese citizens can't look up their own history to see how many people Mao killed.

I've also stumbled on to the Chinese government's murder of non sanctioned female children. I guess many parents try to save their babies and these children are in hiding. We are talking thousands of Ann Franks.

Are things this bad? They just made Xi dear leader for life. It sounds a lot like North Korea.

I've read many times that Chinese citizens don't have access to non-state internet. I believe they called it the Golden Shield, to deny access to internet. I was wondering how complete and effective this censorship is. I've heard many people say that Chinese citizens can't look up their own history to see how many people Mao killed.

I've also stumbled on to the Chinese government's murder of non sanctioned female children. I guess many parents try to save their babies and these children are in hiding. We are talking thousands of Ann Franks.

Are things this bad? They just made Xi dear leader for life. It sounds a lot like North Korea.

China has the Great Firewall of China, and yes, a lot of stuff is blocked.

Also if you type in certain keywords, potentially on certain sites, I'm not sure, you might find your internet doesn't work for a while.

Also foreign sites that aren't blocked will be deliberately slowed. There are ways around all of this, of course, but then many people are just interested in making money, and the country's improving every year.

Also if you type in certain keywords, potentially on certain sites, I'm not sure, you might find your internet doesn't work for a while.

Also foreign sites that aren't blocked will be deliberately slowed. There are ways around all of this, of course, but then many people are just interested in making money, and the country's improving every year.
Much like what Google, Facebook, and others do in the USA....

...and with the NSA spying on all of us, in complete contradiction to the Constitution, the wonderful benevolent US government could just throw a switch and impose internet censorship on all Americans. I believe many pols in both criminal parties, have talked about limiting free speech on the internet...the Great Obama certainly did.

GoogleWH-lead-FIN.jpg

Obama's Radical Proposal Could Result in Censorship Online

Attkisson: Obama Is Aggressively Censoring Media - Truth And Action

Google’s Remarkably Close Relationship With the Obama White House, in Two Charts

New Study Shows Mass Surveillance Breeds Meekness, Fear and Self-Censorship

i hated it when obama went after the media, i hate it when trump does. we got far bigger problems than having to worry about what our president thinks of a free media today. do your job, do the best you can, be honest, and let shit fall where it falls.

thanks frigidweirdo, I was curious to the extent the Great Firewall of China. It almost sounds like science fiction that a country that large could put a censorship bubble around their whole country. As to the murder of babies, and hunting down children, life does not have as much value in many parts of the world. When my dad came back from Vietnam, he was struck how little value there was on life. All people had was what was on their backs, and citizens were completely disposable to their countries.

...and with the NSA spying on all of us, in complete contradiction to the Constitution, the wonderful benevolent US government could just throw a switch and impose internet censorship on all Americans. I believe many pols in both criminal parties, have talked about limiting free speech on the internet...the Great Obama certainly did.

GoogleWH-lead-FIN.jpg

Google’s Remarkably Close Relationship With the Obama White House, in Two Charts

Yes, the US could end up like China, though it'd have to go a long way.

China has upwards of 2 million people watching the internet and reporting people.

GoogleWH-lead-FIN.jpg

China has upwards of 2 million people watching the internet and reporting people.
that job would suck.

GoogleWH-lead-FIN.jpg

that job would suck.
It would for some of us...others would greatly enjoy turning their fellow citizens into the State for punishment. Akin to the guards in the Nazi, Soviet, and Chicom prison camps.

GoogleWH-lead-FIN.jpg

that job would suck.
It would for some of us...others would greatly enjoy turning their fellow citizens into the State for punishment. Akin to the guards in the Nazi, Soviet, and Chicom prison camps.
yea, i simply wouldn't care what someone is doing that would fall under some form of valid "freedom of expression". people need to let their freak flag fly and not worry about someone elses flag all the time.

GoogleWH-lead-FIN.jpg

that job would suck.

You have to look at it from the Chinese point of view.

Firstly the CCP has taken the country from ruins and made it into something with massive hope for the future. Everyone is richer, more or less, than they would have been otherwise.

Before WW2 it was foreign concessions all over the place, now they've gone and China is a powerful country again.

Why would you fight that?

Americans don't fight their country much when they're doing similar things.

GoogleWH-lead-FIN.jpg

that job would suck.

Firstly the CCP has taken the country from ruins and made it into something with massive hope for the future. Everyone is richer, more or less, than they would have been otherwise.

Before WW2 it was foreign concessions all over the place, now they've gone and China is a powerful country again.

2 different situations really.

and we're not talking politics really in as much as some people just have a desire to turn people into the thought police. in that regard, we got tons of those here too already. but our respective govs treat them differently.

GoogleWH-lead-FIN.jpg

that job would suck.

Yes the CCP has brought China back, too bad they did it be murdering millions.

GoogleWH-lead-FIN.jpg

that job would suck.

when when you got billions...

that job would suck.

...yeah just a statistic...as far as the criminal state is concerned.

What is the most dangerous force know to man? GOVERNMENT

I have just read that President Xi has admitted that control of the Internet is the key to continued progress in the People's Republic of China.

As other contributors to this thread have reminded us, private American companies already censor the Internet. Certain "offensive" websites have already been removed from the Web and many individuals are being censored/banned in social media.

(P.S. If you post the term "judicial independence" on the Chinese Internet, for example, it will be promptly deleted by the censors. Such an idea is absolutely abhorrent to the Chinese Communist Party.)

GoogleWH-lead-FIN.jpg

that job would suck.

Well, Mao killed a lot of people. The Mao era and the Deng Xiaoping onwards era are two very, very different eras. Neither are Communist, and neither are similar to the other.

that job would suck.

...yeah just a statistic...as far as the criminal state is concerned.

What is the most dangerous force know to man? GOVERNMENT

It is.

The problem is that what you've just said ignores the fact that government is often better than the alternative. Which is people with power with no constraints.

Yes, it can be called government too, but power always exists, people will always try and take power. How do you make sure that their power is limited?

Forum List

Back