🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Chivalry is Dying While We Praise Non-Traditional Relations

DixieJohn

Rookie
Oct 24, 2014
I regret to admit that the values of the modern world have been twisted in a strange way.

The whole world goes after Putin when he being a gentleman takes care of the Chinese first lady. Everybody gossips about his uncouth behavior and a macho move. People evaluate his move as inappropriate.

But at the same time famous people proclaiming their homosexuality are met with joy, approval and applause.

And I being myself a gentleman feel that world is losing common sense and courtesy.

I was a gentleman in the 1970's and 1980's and it was already eroding then...

The local gas station is undergoing renovations, and when I went in to pay for my gas the air was filled with dust from drywall and tile cutting. So I went back out to my vehicle and retrieved a couple of new paper face masks that I recently bought. I handed one to each of the two ladies working the registers.

How's that? :thup:

I regret to admit that the values of the modern world have been twisted in a strange way.

The whole world goes after Putin when he being a gentleman takes care of the Chinese first lady. Everybody gossips about his uncouth behavior and a macho move. People evaluate his move as inappropriate.

But at the same time famous people proclaiming their homosexuality are met with joy, approval and applause.

And I being myself a gentleman feel that world is losing common sense and courtesy.

Oh good, another bigot. Just what this forum needs...

Who? You?

I am a gentleman. I raised my sons to be gentlemen. If others choose not to be, that is their choice.

You're right, if someone disagrees with Pootins actions chivalry is dead because Pootin is the Arbiter of chivalry.

And if you accept any gay person you hate man actions...or something

You're right, if someone disagrees with Pootins actions chivalry is dead because Pootin is the Arbiter of chivalry.

Yeah, not sure how the whole "accepting gays" fits in with chivalry.

But I bet if a gay couple were out and one held the door for the other it would ruin this entire premise, huh?

Clearly, the rules of social interactions are eroding ... no longer do we worry about those around us; we only focus on ourselves. Want to come in? Open the damn door yourself ... offended by my language? Well, just fuck off. Had a car accident and need assistance? Tough shit ... but I'll make sure I video it on my phone so I can sell it.

Our self centered approach to the way we live... it ain't cheatin' if you don't get caught ... finders keepers ... is contributing to the disintegration of our society, our country, and our lives.

Politeness isn't chivalry. We don't have noblemen so we have no need for a code of conduct for nodlemen.

Politeness isn't chivalry. We don't have noblemen so we have no need for a code of conduct for nodlemen.

You're right, of course .... but chivalry is:

"the combination of qualities expected of an ideal knight, especially courage, honor, courtesy, justice, and a readiness to help the weak" - Dictionary.com Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

When your word is no longer your bond, when you lack the courage to do the right thing, when justice is defined as 'what you can get away with', when you're unwilling to help those who need it most .... then, chivalry is dead.

It may not be dead, yet ...but you can bet it's on life support.

Funny, I would have thought a "gentleman" wouldn't proudly display a flag that is a symbol of oppression and abuse to 10's of millions of fellow human beings.

The local gas station is undergoing renovations, and when I went in to pay for my gas the air was filled with dust from drywall and tile cutting. So I went back out to my vehicle and retrieved a couple of new paper face masks that I recently bought. I handed one to each of the two ladies working the registers.

How's that? :thup:

I thank you for sharing this story. And example of a decent gentleman behavior indeed.

I appreciate you shared your opinion, but how is it connected to the original post precisely?

I apologize if you get an impression that my post sent this message. But it was not about Putin being a knight in shining armor or about gays not being polite, or something. My post is about how world and our society reacts at events, because the reaction shows what is evaluated as right and wrong nowadays. And I was appalled to see how mush twisted opinions exist amongst the majority.

Clearly, the rules of social interactions are eroding ... no longer do we worry about those around us; we only focus on ourselves. Want to come in? Open the damn door yourself ... offended by my language? Well, just fuck off. Had a car accident and need assistance? Tough shit ... but I'll make sure I video it on my phone so I can sell it.

Our self centered approach to the way we live... it ain't cheatin' if you don't get caught ... finders keepers ... is contributing to the disintegration of our society, our country, and our lives.

That was exactly my point, you definitely nailed it. Thank you.

Chivalry would mean learning the cultural practices of your hosts and acting accordingly. This was no big deal though.

I will have to see if I can find any link to the paper I read years ago concerning the explosion of crime in urban neighborhoods. These days we talk about people ignoring everyone in favor of their cell phone. Decades ago another piece of technology may have been partly responsible for a huge jump in crime. Anyone heard this?

Forum List

Back