Chris Christie Chooses to Drop Opposition to Marriage Equality

"We've always done it that way" is the excuse used by every oppressor in history. They had slaves in ancient Greece, too, you know.

As for the reasons for the Jewish and Muslim ban on pork, you are wrong.

We have slaves today.

And what would you say to some asshole who justified slavery by pointing to a 5,000 year old tradition of slavery in ancient Greece?

The real reason there was no gay marriage in ancient history is because "marriage" was the transfer of ownership of a female from the father to the new husband in ancient greece and most of the rest of pre-modern european culture all the way to the nineteenth century. "Marriage" is a completely different concept in modern times and is not comparable to ancient rituals from 2,000+ years ago.

Last edited:
"We've always done it that way" is the excuse used by every oppressor in history. They had slaves in ancient Greece, too, you know.

As for the reasons for the Jewish and Muslim ban on pork, you are wrong.

We have slaves today.

And what would you say to some asshole who justified slavery by pointing to a 5,000 year old tradition of slavery in ancient Greece?

We also have a 5,000 year old history of making murder illegal. And robbery. And rape.

You need to think, then post.

The only reason slavery was done away with?

Simple; it was no longer needed. The Industrial Revolution made it unnecessary.

In some backward, agrarian cultures, slavery still exists.

Like I said, THINK, then post.

The real reason there was no gay marriage in ancient history is because "marriage" was the transfer of ownership of a female from the father to the new husband in ancient greece and most of the rest of pre-modern european culture all the way to the nineteenth century. "Marriage" is a completely different concept in modern times and is not comparable to ancient rituals from 2,000+ years ago.

Indeed.

The real reason there was no marriage in ancient history is because "marriage" was the transfer of ownership of a female from the father to the new husband in ancient greece and most of the rest of pre-modern european culture all the way to the nineteenth century. "Marriage" is a completely different concept in modern times and is not comparable to ancient rituals from 2,000+ years ago.

Maybe in your ancestry. Not in mine.

In my ancestry, women could own property, raise Armies, be Monarchs, declare War and lead an Army into Battle.

Try to 'own' one of my women and you better be careful to never fall asleep.

STRAIGHT: I want the government to give us straight people free lollipops.

GAY: We would like free government lollipops, too.

STRAIGHT: The fags want special privileges! They want the government in their bedroom!

nail hit squarely on the head right there.

The real reason there was no marriage in ancient history is because "marriage" was the transfer of ownership of a female from the father to the new husband in ancient greece and most of the rest of pre-modern european culture all the way to the nineteenth century. "Marriage" is a completely different concept in modern times and is not comparable to ancient rituals from 2,000+ years ago.

In my ancestry, women could own property, raise Armies, be Monarchs, declare War and lead an Army into Battle.

So you admit the idea of a "tradition" of what a marriage is is a total myth.

In early America, a married women could not own real and personal property, participate in contracts and lawsuits, inherit independently of their husbands, work for a salary, or write wills.

Study ancient greek history and see how many rights and power women had back in those days.

Seriously? You are seriously going to argue that empowering the government to regulate same sex relationships is getting the government out of the bedroom?

You realize that same sex couples have absolutely nothing regulating their relationships right now except in the states that so called same sex marriage exists, right?

Or are you really so completely naive that you think regulating a relationship is getting government out of it?

If same sex couples don't want the government in their relationships, they wouldn't be pushing to change the laws to regulate those relationships. They would simply determine their own relationship status between each other.

We truly live in a messed up world where people think government regulation of a relationship is getting government out of it.

The government will now regulate gay marriages IDENTICALLY to how it regulates heterosexual marriages. They will have the same advantageous regulations that hetoros have demanded exclusively for themselves. Tax breaks, Social Security survivor benefits, etc., etc., etc., etc.

And that is all same sex married people want. The same advantages we gave ourselves.

You people are being deliberately obtuse.

So you admit that same sex marriage will regulate same sex relations, now?

So which is it. Are you not wanting them regulated or do you want them regulated?

They want equal treatment under the law. What part of that do you not understand? You seem stumped by this concept of equality.

If you demand free lollipops from the government, then gays want the same thing. Your defense of the privileges you demand from the government while trying to exclude others from the same treatment comes across as really assholish.

Last edited:
You guys need to stop pretending it was the gays who invited the government into marriage.

WE did. Heteros. We DEMANDED the government get all up in our marriages. We have a thousand privileges written into our laws involving our marriages.

We did that. Not gays.

So stop this stupidity of pretending gays suddenly invited government into our bedrooms.

Gays are just asking for the same free government lollipops we gave ourselves. Now you resent that. You resent them getting what you ordered off the menu for yourselves at the government lunch counter.

That's a jerk move, and you look like jerks.

Think before you post.

Last edited:

Study ancient greek history and see how many rights and power women had back in those days.

I'm not Greek. Or Roman.

I'm of Teutonic Ancestry, which more Americans are than any other group. By a wide margin.

It is what our culture is based on -- Western European. Not Roman or Greek.

Although we get a LOT of our governmental and economic systems from them... A lot. Our Culture is based on Western European civilization.... Not on Mediterranean (Greek/Roman) culture.

He's setting himself up to run for the Dems in 2016.

Sometime immediately after his reelection, he will announce, like JoeB, Jake and Bucs90 before him, that the Republican Party is too "reactionary"

Christie reminds me of an anecdote my dad told me to emphasize my grandfather's inability to make a commitment.

As a young man, about 1840, to get away from the crazies, my grandfather moved from South Carolina to Texas then-----then fought for the confederacy during the civil war. IOW's he joined the crazies he supposedly had left behind - that part of what my dad told me is all true but-----but then my dad went on to say my grandfather had a difficult time deciding whether he should join the North or the South so my grandfather put on gray pants and a blue jacket and was shot by both sides - that's the part of my dad's anecdote that reminds me of Christie, the Republicans want him to leave the party but the Democrats purged most of their blue dog pol's in 2010 and don't want him. If you ask me -politically- Christie's got his plus size tit in a wringer.

He's setting himself up to run for the Dems in 2016.

Sometime immediately after his reelection, he will announce, like JoeB, Jake and Bucs90 before him, that the Republican Party is too "reactionary"

Christie reminds me of an anecdote my dad told me to emphasize my grandfather's inability to make a commitment.

As a young man, about 1840, to get away from the crazies, my grandfather moved from South Carolina to Texas then-----then fought for the confederacy during the civil war. IOW's he joined the crazies he supposedly had left behind - that part of what my dad told me is all true but-----but then my dad went on to say my grandfather had a difficult time deciding whether he should join the North or the South so my grandfather put on gray pants and a blue jacket and was shot by both sides - that's the part of my dad's anecdote that reminds me of Christie, the Republicans want him to leave the party but the Democrats purged most of their blue dog pol's in 2010 and don't want him. If you ask me -politically- Christie's got his plus size tit in a wringer.

Christie beat Corzine by a hundred thousand votes, and that was with ten spoilers on the ballot.

He's not as unpopular as homophobes wish he was.

He is a liberal after all.

And liberals understand and respect the Constitution and its case law, where same sex couples have always been eligible to marry.

Except when it comes to firearms. Evidently the words "arms" "not to be infringed" and "people" are not clear enough.

As for the last part of your sentence, really? I guess Ociania has always been at war Eastasia as well.

I love listening to all the lefties clamoring for government to get out of their bedrooms, then supporting the government taking over their health care decisions by mandating they buy something under penalty of law....

These lefties are so full of shit.

Forum List

Back