Chris Christie Chooses to Drop Opposition to Marriage Equality

I love listening to all the lefties clamoring for government to get out of their bedrooms, then supporting the government taking over their health care decisions by mandating they buy something under penalty of law....

These lefties are so full of shit.

Strawman fallacy.

I am a conservative who supports marriage equality for gays and who is opposed to my core to ObamaCare.

Nice try.

I would also prefer government get out of marriage as much as possible, which is not contradictory in any way toward marriage equality for gays. We ALL need to step away from the government's free lunch counter.

Last edited:
I love listening to all the lefties clamoring for government to get out of their bedrooms, then supporting the government taking over their health care decisions by mandating they buy something under penalty of law....

These lefties are so full of shit.

Strawman fallacy.

I am a conservative who supports marriage equality for gays and who is opposed to my core to ObamaCare.

Nice try.

I would also prefer government get out of marriage as much as possible, which is not contradictory in any way toward marriage equality for gays. We ALL need to step away from the government's free lunch counter.

Bullshit... you can't have it both ways. Oh, and btw... I didn't quote you.. but oddly you responded as if I did.. hit a nerve?

:lol:

I find it interesting that the far right now argues that government should stay out of marriage, but they had no problem with government regulation of marriage until gays began demanding equal "regulation".

I find it interesting that the far right now argues that government should stay out of marriage, but they had no problem with government regulation of marriage until gays began demanding equal "regulation".

Different people have different opinions on not only the concept of gay marriage, but also how it should be implemented.

In my case I would vote for it if it went on the ballot, however I see no federal consitutional right to it, so using the federal courts is in my opinion, legislating from the bench.

It is an issue for the State legislatures to figure out.

I find it interesting that the far left now argues that government should stay out of marriage, but they have no problem with government regulation of an individual's health care decisions on the grounds that "it is for the common good".

How on Earth is the promotion of heterosexual marriage contracts not in the "common good"?

Different people have different opinions on not only the concept of gay marriage, but also how it should be implemented.

In my case I would vote for it if it went on the ballot, however I see no federal consitutional right to it, so using the federal courts is in my opinion, legislating from the bench.

Nobody should be allowed to vote on what rights others are allowed to have

Gay Marriage is not a right.

14th amendment provides for equal protection under the law

You don't get to vote on who that protection applies to

2nd amendment gives me the right to keep and bear arms, yet you seem perfectly OK to infringe on THAT right which is explicit.

Equal protection does not mean equal access, which is what you want it to mean.

If equal protection was invoidable I should be able to carry a firearm openly just like a policeman does.

2nd amendment gives me the right to keep and bear arms, yet you seem perfectly OK to infringe on THAT right which is explicit.

If equal protection was invoidable I should be able to carry a firearm openly just like a policeman does.

You might have a point if you were being denied the right to bear arms because of your race, sex, religion or sexual orientation

You might have a point if you were being denied the right to bear arms because of your race, sex, religion or sexual orientation

I have a point in general, you just refuse to admit it. In fact, denying me a right for the simple reason that I am not a government actor or agent is EVEN WORSE than denying me for the reasons you listed.

There is nothing in the consitution about denying someone something due to sex or sexual orientation, except the right to vote.

I have a point in general, you just refuse to admit it. In fact, denying me a right for the simple reason that I am not a government actor or agent is EVEN WORSE than denying me for the reasons you listed.

There is nothing in the consitution about denying someone something due to sex or sexual orientation, except the right to vote.

No, it speaks to equal protection under the law for all citizens

Are you trying to imply that marriage is a privledge and not a right?

How on Earth is the promotion of heterosexual marriage contracts not in the "common good"?

You are justifying your free lunch just like every welfare queen. You are actually asking why the government should NOT be all up in your marriage. Do you seriously think the institution needs CRUTCHES FROM THE GOVERNMENT to succeed?

Holy subsidized matrimony, Batman!!

Last edited:
Do you think those in that 7.4% unemployment and the average Amercians give a crap about this?

only in the small worlds of the left is this important

their priorities for this country is warped...and they are RUNNING it folks

If it's not a priority then why not just legalize it everywhere and be done with it? Afterall, a majority of the public supports marriage equality.

Indeed. Washington should just hand out contracts to consenting adults, not defining values for free people.

Christie should tell the Tea Party to fuck off. Romney's mistake was going too far right to win the primary. He was unable to come back to the middle so he could peel off centrists who don't necessarily believe that Jesus rode a dinosaur, or that a government bureaucrat should be posted at the foot of every bed making sure free people love each other correctly.

Welcome to the real party of big government

Do you think those in that 7.4% unemployment and the average Amercians give a crap about this?

only in the small worlds of the left is this important

their priorities for this country is warped...and they are RUNNING it folks

If it's not a priority then why not just legalize it everywhere and be done with it? Afterall, a majority of the public supports marriage equality.

Indeed. Washington should just hand out contracts to consenting adults, not defining values for free people.

Christie should tell the Tea Party to fuck off. Romney's mistake was going too far right to win the primary. He was unable to come back to the middle so he could peel off centrists who don't necessarily believe that Jesus rode a dinosaur, or that a government bureaucrat should be posted at the foot of every bed making sure free people love each other correctly.

Welcome to the real party of big government

Christie's Presidency will depend on his ability to tell the TeaTards to fuck off. If he can run as a Republican who is tired of the party of stupid, he can beat Hillary

The dems have the market cornered now with govt in the bedrooms.

Well - on THIS issue - the Dems are getting government OUT of the bedroom. Only the far right want to regulate relationships.

But did you just post that sarcastically?

Relationships are personal interactions with no need to codify. Marriage is an invention of The State and codified. You should read about the Trial of Socrates. But you won't.

Next thing, maybe libs will sue to allow them to marry their right hand. Or left. Whatever :dunno:

Marriage is contract law, in which same-sex couples are qualified to participate. Conservatives seek to deny same-sex couples access to that law, in violation of the Constitution. You should read Hollingsworth v. Perry. But you won’t.

The 14th Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause has nothing to do with ‘liberal’ or ‘conservative,’ it has to do with safeguarding a fundamental liberty to access all the laws of one’s state, including marriage law.

The dems have the market cornered now with govt in the bedrooms.

Well - on THIS issue - the Dems are getting government OUT of the bedroom. Only the far right want to regulate relationships.

But did you just post that sarcastically?

No one wants to regulate relationships.

Democrats want to regulate everyone's opinion of the relationships of others.

And conservatives seek to impose their opinions on others, through force of law, if necessary.

Forum List

Back