Chris Christie Chooses to Drop Opposition to Marriage Equality

Find me a "Right To Privacy" in the US Constitution

The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

<sigh>

Clearly, the 4th Amendment applies to criminal search and seizure. Even citing the 9th would have been a better reach than that

hopeless children.... all of you.

Be nice to have an adult to debate with in here once in a while.

The SCOTUS stepped in because politicians wouldn't do their jobs.

That simple. And it was an over-reach

I'm afraid not. It applies to all actions by government to violate your privacy. US caselaw regarding the 4th Amendment is massive......all defending a persons right to privacy

The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

<sigh>

Clearly, the 4th Amendment applies to criminal search and seizure. Even citing the 9th would have been a better reach than that

hopeless children.... all of you.

Be nice to have an adult to debate with in here once in a while.

The SCOTUS stepped in because politicians wouldn't do their jobs.

That simple. And it was an over-reach

I'm afraid not. It applies to all actions by government to violate your privacy. US caselaw regarding the 4th Amendment is massive......all defending a persons right to privacy

Tell that to a cities building inspector.

One again deferring to unelected lawyers, how democratic of you.

More like deferring to the US Constitution

Its a bitch when it works against you isn't it?

You are not deferring to the constitution, you are defferring to what someone THINKS the consitution says.

Big difference, even if your politics doesnt allow you to see it.

So what? You base your disagreement on what YOU think the Constitution means.

Applying the Constitution to contemporary issues demands that someone interprets it. As for me, I'll go with the opinions of people who have spent their lives studying the law rather than someone who depends on some pundit to interpret it for them.

My personal opinion is that the T partiers are RINO.

Are the majority of Republicans - right wing radicals?
Nope.

Seems like the majority gets to claim the name.

The others are the RINOs

Just MHO

Forum List

Back