Zone1 Christian Artist Amy Grant Hosting LGBT Wedding

IDGAF what you believe but no one is above the law.

If you don't like public accommodation laws then why aren't you trying to get them repealed?

Sure you do.....you're not even a Believer and you just told me what is and is not a sin

Man this stuff cracks me up, that's for real. So many people give the Church Lady a real run for her money

While homosexuality has been accepted throughout time, their unions were not known as 'marriage'. That does not transcend religion or etymology.

I already agreed today's definition be accepted, and suggested those who want to emphasize the more religious/holy aspect of their union can be the ones to use other words, such as nuptials and marītāre. I would also suggest that not only are these unions religious/holy, they between those where divorce is not to be considered.

If you want people to accept today's definition of 'marriage' and 'wedding' would you also want people to accept new words that denote unions between a man and a woman until death parts them?
Since when does the word "marriage" belong only to a "religion"?

I didn't start anything.

I for one think that all businesses are subject to public accommodation laws and that religion plays no part in civil laws whatsoever.

The whole "I don't bake cakes for sinners" thing is nothing but a rationalization for bigotry.

I have yet to see a baker deny service to anyone for any other "sins".
There is nothing wrong with what you call bigotry if its for the right reasons

I am bigoted against pedophiles and make no apologies for it

Drag Queen Story Hour is perverts attacking innocent unsuspecting children and it should be stopped

Living in a small town doesn’t mean you aren’t having a big wedding or don’t need a wedding cake does it?
I am pointing out if things were as you described, there would be no big wedding. Now, let's back to reality. No one has to tell the baker why they want the cake. No one has to tell those who rent out facilities what it is for. If no one in town plans gay weddings, do the planning out of town. Wedding planners cost money, and if one has the funds for a wedding planner, then an out-of-town wedding planner shouldn't be an issue.

There is no reason to create problems where none exist. If one would not force a person of the Jewish faith to make them a ham sandwich, why the need to force those of Christian beliefs to do what is uncomfortable and off-putting for them. Is that what makes someone feel good about their wedding, knowing the cake was grudgingly made, the the wedding planner's heart was not in it, etc.? A demand for respect with no intent to be respectful in return is not the best way to proceed.

You are meaningfully contributing to a celebration to which you are morally opposed.

But if you want to go down this road, I guess a Black business owner can be forced to bake a celebratory cake for a neo-Nazi shindig and all the other scenarios right?

You really don't want to go there.

Are neo-NAZIs a legally protected class under public accommodation laws?

So you are in favor of the govt forcing people to bake the cake?

Okay then

The servers in the restaurant should have been forced to serve the Christians.

This is a path you don't want to go down.
No.....just take their business license if they can't follow the rules they were supposed to in getting said license.

What should happen to a business if they refuse to follow safety laws for "religious reasons"?

In other words the faithful are to respect others' transgressions of Biblical beliefs and ideals, and the transgressors can trample over those who try to live by them.
…or maybe this respect can work both ways? Is it ok for religious people to impose their religious values on others through their professions?

Does a Muslim, who opposes alcohol and chooses to work in an establishment that routinely serves it be allowed to refuse to serve it?

Likewise, does a pharmacist have the right to to refuse to issue prescribed medication to a patient because he disapproves of that person’s presumed lifestyle? If he can’t serve all equally under the code of ethics required but his professional licensure, should he be in that profession?

At what does it go to far? Who tramples on whom?

They have every permission and are given every respect, while the faithful are given neither. Ideals are dismissed while vices are given every consideration, even the permission to trample on another's holy ground.
No church or religious official should ever be required to officiate or provide a venue for an activity that violates their religion. Marriage however, is not any one entity’s sacred ground. Historically it was a civil contract among the wealthy and powerful to protect property and dynasties while commobers held to common law marriage. At one point, polygamy was the norm.

In terms of ideals, respect and faith…you have a valid point. But it needs to work both ways.

Funny how we keep hearing about red state pedos....and bestiality.
“Red state?”

There are always plenty of libs in every red state

But I understand that red stater’s are sinners too

But on issues like sex with children the blue far outnumbers the red

Forum List

Back