Zone1 Christian Artist Amy Grant Hosting LGBT Wedding

So you're into govt-mandated indentured servitude

Cool
I don’t see how you got there from here.

But going along with the trend…

So you are into discrimination and being able to refuse service on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation? You might need to put a sign up so people will know not to come in.

They all can play a role in a wedding…mixed fabrics? Greed and lust?

Moral Law
Ceremonial Law
Civil Law

Mixed fabrics was part of the ceremonial law, no longer applicable after there was no more tabernacle or temple. Think of it like this: you had a bedtime for your children when they were young. They no longer need that "law". It's not that the law was unnecessary or invalid--it just no longer applies.

The ceremonial and civil laws of the OT are like that. All the stuff people love to cite about seafood and mixed fabrics.

Moral Law
Ceremonial Law
Civil Law

Mixed fabrics was part of the ceremonial law, no longer applicable after there was no more tabernacle or temple. Think of it like this: you had a bedtime for your children when they were young. They no longer need that "law". It's not that the law was unnecessary or invalid--it just no longer applies.

The ceremonial and civil laws of the OT are like that. All the stuff people love to cite about seafood and mixed fabrics.
Civil law is the only law that matters as far as the state is concerned.

I don’t see how you got there from here.

But going along with the trend…

So you are into discrimination and being able to refuse service on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation? You might need to put a sign up so people will know not to come in.

I love freedom. Yes.

I think the free market will take care of it. I think if a rank bigot puts up a sign that says "No ---" race, his business will go under. Thank God.

Whereas, I think people will mostly tolerate a devout Christian or Muslim who will serve gays cookies, cupcakes, bday cakes, retirement cakes, etc. But not a wedding cake.

Let the free market decide and get the govt out of it.

Exceptions need to be made for things like public utility.

No one just leaves people alone even though they claim it.

It wouldn't even be prudent to do this. You couldn't even survive in the world.

We all "judge". It's what you DO with the judgment that matters. Or how you are able to regulate your baser judgments.

No, that's not what I mean.

If nothing other people do ever violates your conscience than maybe you don't have one

Other people cannot violate my conscience. My conscience is only relevant to my own behavior.

People murder other people every day and my conscience is clear, people rob, cheat, lie, rape and steal every day and my conscience is clear.

Sin and its punishments are not for you to decide are they?

If people sin aren't you still supposed to love them?

You Christians are all about forgiving murderers , rapist and child abusing priests but for some reason the gay sin is the one you just don't tolerate.
Some christians. Others could care less

We all "judge". It's what you DO with the judgment that matters. Or how you are able to regulate your baser judgments.

And yet your bible tells you not to judge. Maybe every businessperson in town should refuse you service because you're not living by the word of your own religion.

I love freedom. Yes.
You love your definition of freedom…

I think the free market will take care of it. I think if a rank bigot puts up a sign that says "No ---" race, his business will go under. Thank God.

Yup.

Whereas, I think people will mostly tolerate a devout Christian or Muslim who will serve gays cookies, cupcakes, bday cakes, retirement cakes, etc. But not a wedding cake.
So, again, you have a gay couple, trying to get married in a small conservative town a deeply red state. No one will sell them a wedding cake, rent them a venue, cater, or help plan a wedding.

Let the free market decide and get the govt out of it.
The free market isn’t so free if all the local businesses can collude on not providing a service.

Exceptions need to be made for things like public utility.
And pharmacies and medical care…

And yet your bible tells you not to judge. Maybe every businessperson in town should refuse you service because you're not living by the word of your own religion.

Jesus said by the measure you judge you will be measured. That was the quote in context. So if you are harsh, unmerciful, unforgiving--you will get the same back.

Other verses say this:

The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.--1 Cor 2:15

But see, context. Because if a Christian used the above verse to say he can be super "judgey", that would also be wrong.

You love your definition of freedom…

Yup.

So, again, you have a gay couple, trying to get married in a small conservative town a deeply red state. No one will sell them a wedding cake, rent them a venue, cater, or help plan a wedding.

The free market isn’t so free if all the local businesses can collude on not providing a service.

And pharmacies and medical care…

Right. That's not great for the gay couple, but important for religious freedom.

Also--I'm finding the gay couple living in a deep red state a real stretch. I think at the very least they would have their wedding out of town...but yes, the former statement of mine applies. It's in the First Amendment.

Agree.

Some christians. Others could care less

That's just not even true.

What is going on in this thread is a bunch of non-Christians wanting to force Christians to make things for events that violate their conscience.

Boy that's super...."tolerant"

Forum List

Back