🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christian couple charged with murder after baby dies of starvation

This type of ignorance crosses boundaries.

Italian upper house votes to overturn mandatory vaccinations

Parents in Italy are no longer obliged to have their children vaccinated against measles, despite a recent surge in cases of the disease in the country.

Italy’s upper house voted through legislation from the ruling anti-establishment government to remove a law that requires children to have 10 vaccinations before enrolling in state schools

The law came into effect in March after a measles outbreak affected almost 5,000 people and killed four.

Its all part of conspiracy theory culture. More so than "Christian" beliefs. Its a new religion with its own belief structure.

Getting vaccinated is an excellent idea, especially against the most dangerous diseases.

However, having the GOV'T tell you that you will have foreign substances put into your body against your will is a very, very bad idea.

I can see both sides. Vaccines are good. Mandating that vaccines WILL happen is very bad.
Sometimes. Sometimes science teaches us stone cold stupid stuff.

Stone. Cold. Stupid.

Such as?

Oh hey here's a great one. My mother, while pregnant with me, was given DIET PILLS to take while she was pg with me. Why? Her weight gain was nearing 25 pounds and that was just too much back then.

Please note: she weighed 85 lbs when she got pg with me. Yes, read that again. She is very small and tiny. Yes. We know NOW that she needed all that weight, and probably more, to avoid preterm labor and to grow me. However, her doctor, a man of "science", gave her DIET PILLS because "science" said back then not to gain more than 15 lbs.

Thank Jesus, she took them once, felt like crap, and threw them away. Her body knew.

Sometimes stupid things happen along the way to understanding actual science.

I laughed out loud. Right out loud. So all the mistrials are the FAKE SCIENCE and when science gets it right, finally, THAT is the real science.

Laughed. Out. Loud.
Science is only as good as the information and tools available at the time. There is nothing bad about that. Like mandated vaccines ... from a public health perspective...you can’t stop an epidemic if you only have a few people vaccinated. You could not have eradicated small pox with mandatory vaccinations. There are people who genuinely can not be vaccinated. The only thing protecting them is the herd immunity from having most of the populace vaccinated. People have forgotten what it was like to have the summer polio scares.

You must have missed the part where the poster said science only the stuff science gets right.

Yes, but you Science worshippers push their decrees as FACT

Like this:

"Science is NEVER WRONG!!11!! But when it was wrong....it wasn't really science anyway!!!!"

Oh man, this thread has been a barrel of chuckles this morning, and when I say that I always mean it literally. I laugh easily. Atheists usually provide pretty good fodder. ;)
What makes you think they are atheists? Science and religion can coexist.

Not when you make science your religion.

Now you're just a glassy-eyed religious freak about science. You're just putting blind faith in science. You realize this, right?

Because what you're spewing isn't ACTUALLY the definition of science. The definition of science is not "Whatever is true".

It is:

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Just out of curiosity, are you religious?

What does that have anything to do with your religious belief in science?

I'm just curious.

I am an evangelical Christian. So far we are both religious. I have faith in God, and you have faith in Science. I think God is never wrong, and you think Science is never wrong.

Oh, but science IS wrong, and that can be proven.

Huh.
Well...it looks like God was wrong in the OP.

Why, because the child died? Not really. We're all going to die.

Just out of curiosity, are you religious?

I'm just curious.

I am an evangelical Christian. So far we are both religious. I have faith in God, and you have faith in Science. I think God is never wrong, and you think Science is never wrong.

Huh.

Their "faith" killed their baby. How can you chalk that up as a win for God ?

Parents dont always know best.
And that is if they know anything.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Yet another. Fundie phony-Christians continue their crusade to be allowed to abuse anyone they wish to because of "religious freedom," which some of our pathetic politicians endorse. I hope these two rot in prison.
And I'm damned glad that Seth Owen's abusers were outed in public at least, although this death is far more disgusting.

It's time to clamp down on these cults.
You people are dangerous in your arrogance.

People like Hysteria scare me a lot more than these well meaning but naive parents do.

Good. It seems that these trash cults have taken over the Christian faith in this country with the aim of destroying it. Starving their kids. Forcing "conversion therapy." Giving out "purity rings" and keeping girls ignorant and grooming them from childhood so that they can be sold to the highest bidder to be brood mares. Running around telling people that LGBTs are horrible people who deserve to be kicked out of society. Declaring that Islam isn't a religion all of a sudden. How pathetic. Hurting people and robbing the Christian faith of its core teachings and its dignity, simultaneously. This version of Christianity with none of the teachings of Jesus in it is disgusting.

Sounds like you have found your path to anti-Americanism and justification for joining the Revolution the Left has been working to initiate for six decades. And yet I detect the possibility for reason and respect for fact in your hatred. You know well as I no ideology has harmed Christianity more than radical Leftism--philosophies which also promote atheism and moral relativism. You also know well that a handful of any self-identified group does not represent the whole. I wonder how you can stand for the rights and well being of young girls yet promote and champion Islam and the LGTBQ movement.

No one I know--and I hail from deeply conservative roots--wants to harm or deport gays. Rather, what troubles many conservatives about the modern LGTBQ movement is its political push to indoctrinate our young minds into their lifestyles. Live and let live. Nothing more, nothing less. However, if what you're really saying is you hate American values, traditions and Christianity, I cannot offer a suitable remedy other than perhaps to better educate yourself on radical Leftist philosophy of the last two centuries. There, in the very own words of philosophers and psychologists and activists you will find more than enough reality to terrify you.
There iss no push to "indoctrinate". Thats just some nutty shit your crazy pastor told you. There is an "indoctrination" thread on here every week and every one of them is bullshit. Helping kids understand that some people are gay is not indoctrination and will hopefully lead to an end of homophobia.

I'm just curious.

Huh.

I didn't say it was a win for God. But death is a fact of life. It doesn't mean God was "wrong".

I'm just curious.

Huh.

I didn't say it was a win for God. But death is a fact of life. It doesn't mean God was "wrong".
Death comes to all of us but it can be delayed by stuff they call medicine and eating food and stuff. This death was not a "fact of life" and it shouldnt have happened. How can you be so "ho hum" bout it ?

Huh.

Death comes to all of us but it can be delayed by stuff they call medicine and eating food and stuff. This death was not a "fact of life" and it shouldnt have happened. How can you be so "ho hum" bout it ?

I agree that this death could have been prevented and the parents were in the wrong. But our lives on this earth are very, very short--10 years or 30 or 50 or 80 are nothing in the view of eternity. That's how God looks at it. So from our view, that this baby died is tragic, and I don't disagree. But from God's view, 10 months or 80 years is not much of a difference, really.

If you haven't heard this, here is a beginning view of eternity: a butterfly flies past a mountain every 100 years and brushes against the mountainside. Imagine how long it would take that butterfly to wear down that mountain. Even THAT is not eternity.

And that is if they know anything.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Yet another. Fundie phony-Christians continue their crusade to be allowed to abuse anyone they wish to because of "religious freedom," which some of our pathetic politicians endorse. I hope these two rot in prison.
And I'm damned glad that Seth Owen's abusers were outed in public at least, although this death is far more disgusting.

Yet another. Fundie phony-Christians continue their crusade to be allowed to abuse anyone they wish to because of "religious freedom," which some of our pathetic politicians endorse.
I am so fucking sick of you!

You are just another zit, on the butt of humanity, I'd love to pop!
Starting with the cult you belong to!

Don't you get tired of putting makeup on two faces every morning?

Which cult to do you belong to? One of those biblical-inerrancy trashy things, with the sexual obsession, the gay hate, the woman hate, the Islam hate, usually with a large dose of racism thrown in? And no concern with the teachings of Jesus? The Sermon on the Mount seems to have disappeared from your cult.

And no. You don't get to abuse anyone else. Sorry for your sickness.

Parents who refused to get medical help for baby girl before she died face life in jail

Fusari burst into tears when the couple, from Michigan, were formally charged, while Welch stared straight ahead open-mouthed.

Welch has previously posted videos and comments about not trusting doctors on Facebook, citing his religious beliefs as more than enough.

In one post, he described doctors as "priesthoods of the medical cult."

In another, he ranted: "The righteous shall live by faith. It's God who is sovereign over disease and those sorts of things and, of course, ultimately deaths."

We can all have a good laugh at the conspiracy theory industry but ultimately this is where it leads to.

These idiots were anti vaxers as well.

I am not sure prison is best for them. I cant imagine a worse punishment than losing your child. But their tw other children should be removed from them and never returned.
Your point being, all Christians are extremist assholes that abuse children.

Noted.

This type of ignorance crosses boundaries.

Italian upper house votes to overturn mandatory vaccinations

Parents in Italy are no longer obliged to have their children vaccinated against measles, despite a recent surge in cases of the disease in the country.

Italy’s upper house voted through legislation from the ruling anti-establishment government to remove a law that requires children to have 10 vaccinations before enrolling in state schools

The law came into effect in March after a measles outbreak affected almost 5,000 people and killed four.

Its all part of conspiracy theory culture. More so than "Christian" beliefs. Its a new religion with its own belief structure.

Getting vaccinated is an excellent idea, especially against the most dangerous diseases.

However, having the GOV'T tell you that you will have foreign substances put into your body against your will is a very, very bad idea.

I can see both sides. Vaccines are good. Mandating that vaccines WILL happen is very bad.

Oh hey here's a great one. My mother, while pregnant with me, was given DIET PILLS to take while she was pg with me. Why? Her weight gain was nearing 25 pounds and that was just too much back then.

Please note: she weighed 85 lbs when she got pg with me. Yes, read that again. She is very small and tiny. Yes. We know NOW that she needed all that weight, and probably more, to avoid preterm labor and to grow me. However, her doctor, a man of "science", gave her DIET PILLS because "science" said back then not to gain more than 15 lbs.

Thank Jesus, she took them once, felt like crap, and threw them away. Her body knew.

I laughed out loud. Right out loud. So all the mistrials are the FAKE SCIENCE and when science gets it right, finally, THAT is the real science.

Laughed. Out. Loud.
Science is only as good as the information and tools available at the time. There is nothing bad about that. Like mandated vaccines ... from a public health perspective...you can’t stop an epidemic if you only have a few people vaccinated. You could not have eradicated small pox with mandatory vaccinations. There are people who genuinely can not be vaccinated. The only thing protecting them is the herd immunity from having most of the populace vaccinated. People have forgotten what it was like to have the summer polio scares.

You must have missed the part where the poster said science only the stuff science gets right.
Nope. I think you are misrepresenting what he meant.

I wonder if maybe now that these parents have inevitably and actually lost a child if they feel more grief or happiness. Strange psychology for sure.

I wonder if maybe now that these parents have inevitably and actually lost a child if they feel more grief or happiness. Strange psychology for sure.

Well given that they believe that the health of the child was in God's hands, then logically they must conclude that;

1) God killed their baby.
2) God wanted their baby dead.
3) Both.

And if you're under the impression that anything God does is by definition, good.....then they should be celebrating the death of their child as goodness.

I mean, if they apply their absurd logic to its absurd conclusion.

Every religion has its fringe of nutters. It is terrible when it results child abuse :(

Forum List

Back