Christian nationalist Trump ally crafting plan to 'invoke Insurrection Act on Day One' and inject right-wing Christian nationalism into admin policies

1708563221623.png

Amen! I totally agree!

A leading candidate to become Donald Trump's chief of staff in a potential second term is spearheading an effort to inject right-wing Christian extremism into his administration.

Russell Vought, who previously served as Trump’s director of the Office of Management and Budget, is head of The Center for Renewing America think tank that has been developing a document that explicitly calls for "Christian nationalism" to be a policy priority in a potential return to the White House, reported Politico.

Christian nationalism is listed as a bullet point in a list of top priorities, which also includes invoking "the Insurrection Act on Day One to put down protests and refusing to spend funds authorized by Congress on unwanted projects, which has been banned since the Richard Nixon era."

Vought sees his organization's mission as “renew[ing] a consensus of America as a nation under God,” according to CRA's website, and reorganizing the U.S. as an explicitly Christian nation “where our rights and duties are understood to come from God."

More at the link below...

Christian nationalist Trump ally crafting plan to 'invoke Insurrection Act on Day One'

Christian nationalism? Sounds pretty scary to me! I prefer being governed by a SECULAR Constitution and government - not the Bible! What do you think?

Nah, Trump will get in, know he doesn't need to give a damn about anyone ever again, because he won't be able to run for president again. Job done, his ego will be satisfied.

Just like how he didn't lock Hillary up

The United States of America was created by Christian nationalists. Now it's a dirty word to those who would rather have a doddering old fool as president. Go figure.
Most of them were weak Christians at best, several were deists etc., and two, John Jay and Patrick Henry, were true believers.

There were reasons why they did not create a Christian state.

1708570525404.png

You'll learn how to distinguish Christian nationalism from the teachings of Jesus and to demonstrate how the former serves as a cover for white supremacy. This book also unpacks key truths we can share with others: Patriotism is not the same as nationalism. Religious freedom means little if it's not for everyone. Christians follow a gospel of love, not the idol of power.

A leading candidate to become Donald Trump's chief of staff in a potential second term is spearheading an effort to inject right-wing Christian extremism into his administration.

Russell Vought, who previously served as Trump’s director of the Office of Management and Budget, is head of The Center for Renewing America think tank that has been developing a document that explicitly calls for "Christian nationalism" to be a policy priority in a potential return to the White House, reported Politico.

Christian nationalism is listed as a bullet point in a list of top priorities, which also includes invoking "the Insurrection Act on Day One to put down protests and refusing to spend funds authorized by Congress on unwanted projects, which has been banned since the Richard Nixon era."

Vought sees his organization's mission as “renew[ing] a consensus of America as a nation under God,” according to CRA's website, and reorganizing the U.S. as an explicitly Christian nation “where our rights and duties are understood to come from God."

More at the link below...

Christian nationalist Trump ally crafting plan to 'invoke Insurrection Act on Day One'

Christian nationalism? Sounds pretty scary to me! I prefer being governed by a SECULAR Constitution and government - not the Bible! What do you think?

Deploy Meal Team Six!!!

Screenshot 2024-02-21 6.04.11 PM.png

For most of Americas history it has failed to match those words.

Hence these words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union,". I'm sure you could give a fuck about them as well, eh commie?

Last edited:
Uniting church and state.

Codifying religious dogma into secular law.

Federal abortion ban.

Criminalization of homosexuality.

Mandatory Christian instruction in public schools.

Restrictions on religious minorities.

Just to name a few.

Uniting church and state. What????

Codifying religious dogma into secular law. Our laws already contain attributes of not only Christian values, but those of other religions as well. What do you plan to do about that commie?

Federal abortion ban. That would be unconstitutional, the supreme court has already ruled it a States issue, not fed. Fear monger much there commie?

Criminalization of homosexuality. As it should be, the bastardization of the 14th notwithstanding.

Mandatory Christian instruction in public schools. Yeah, heaven forbid kids learn morals and values subscribed to my most major religions. You commies can't have that.

Restrictions on religious minorities. That would be unconstitutional as well. Just more commie fear mongering.

Just to name a few. ROFLMFAO

Last edited:
You think the founders were Christian nationalists - the ones who gave us a Godless Constitution?

ROFLMFAO, so if the Constitution was so Godless, exactly how do you explain these words. "done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven..."

To whom were they referring as "our Lord"????

1708576409965.png

"A clear-eyed, compelling study of the road to Jan. 6 and the possible future of the politics-versus-religion battle in the U.S." --Kirkus Reviews, starred review

Watching the eerie footage of the January 6 insurrection, Bradley Onishi wondered: If I hadn't left evangelicalism, would I have been there?

The insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, was not a blip or an aberration. It was the logical outcome of years of a White evangelical subculture's preparation for war. Religion scholar and former insider Bradley Onishi maps the origins of White Christian nationalism and traces its offshoots in Preparing for War.

1708577221811.png

1708577947551.png

Christian nationalism, ideology that seeks to create or maintain a legal fusion of Christian religion with a nation’s character. Advocates of Christian nationalism consider their view of Christianity to be an integral part of their country’s identity and want the government to promote—or even enforce—the religion’s position within it.

Forum List

Back