Christianity no longer a religion, says Turkish minister

No doubt that minister would enjoy seeing Christianity as being labeled as not being a religion. There are probably more Turks who think just as he does.

Good--there need to be more Christians who think just as he does as well. Do you not perceive how Christianity has been commercialized, the meaningfulness of the Gospel cheapened in supposedly Christian-majority countries, and how Christian values have been marginalized by a vocal minority chanting "that offends us" to the limp-wristed representatives of the majority?

The concept of people reading the New Testament does not present a problem to me unless they are forced to do so as children in Turkey will be forced to study the Koran. People here might even laugh if they read the fake Gospel of Barnabas. However, since there is freedom of religion in this country, no student is forced to read the religious writings of another religion.

Patently false. Roughly half of the reading in my tenth grade English class was devoted to studying the religious writings of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and a few other faiths, with Christianity mentioned only in passing. There were no Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Shinto, or anyone else in the class, or even in the school to my knowledge; it was, however, majority Christian, yet while Christianity is by far the world's largest religion, its teachings were glossed over.

Ask yourself: Why is the United States government allied with such a country? Why is it propping up a regime that either commits or allows such transgressions to take place?

I don't know where you went to school, but I went to school in New York City, and the time spent on different religions in a World History class was actually just one class session. No one was told to read anything about the various religions. The teacher just spoke about them. If someone wanted to acquaint themselves with the different religions of the world in the past, they could have taken a Comparative Religion class in college or visit their local library. Now all you have to do is Google and you can find a lot of work on each religion.

As for the U.S. allying themselves with Turkey, many countries ally themselves with others which are beyond our understanding. Right now you will see the U.S. allying themselves with partners that you would have never seen before in order to fight ISIS.

As for Turkey, they seem to be going more Islamic all the time. This is one example.

Turkey Istanbul censorship on women s legs raises eyebrows - General news - ANSAMed.it

Or as one Turk has written:

How to Be A Disgrace to Humanity in Turkey Middle East Forum

I went to school in -----a state other than New York------my little town school system
was considered EXCELLENT -----a full 80% of the kids (public school---everyone there----no matter how dim) went on to further education after high school graduation. A whole lesson in history class, Sally? like a WHOLE hour?----
we had none..... There was a paragraph -----on each major religion-----somewhere
in the "social studies" textbook. The teachers just ignored it. IN LITERATURE class-----one year-----my class (we were the "special kids") read the biblical book of
"JOB" -----as literature-------kinda like reading the Theban trilogy (rememeber
uhm ?? EDIPUS or eodipus? or something like that-----the jerk who
married his mom?)

machaut----your comment justifying the filth of the Turkish pig ----EXCEEDS all expectations of the filth of Islamic depravity----the pig degraded Christianity from the POV of a depraved lump of excrement scimitar swinging rapist
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence, that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.
That is why I am your king!
I didn't vote for you....

I am sorry to hear that a Muslim makes the rules for Christians, did he clear it through the Pope?

why are you sorry-----it is nothing new. Learn some shariah-----it is
FASCINATING ------not only do muslims get to decide what islam is----
they actually do get to decide how non muslims should dress and behave and
"BELIEVE" ---------and------the best part of all EVERYONE IS HAPPY!!!!!!
There is no one in the world SO HAPPY as a KAFIR subjugated to islam-----

No doubt that minister would enjoy seeing Christianity as being labeled as not being a religion. There are probably more Turks who think just as he does.

Good--there need to be more Christians who think just as he does as well. Do you not perceive how Christianity has been commercialized, the meaningfulness of the Gospel cheapened in supposedly Christian-majority countries, and how Christian values have been marginalized by a vocal minority chanting "that offends us" to the limp-wristed representatives of the majority?

The concept of people reading the New Testament does not present a problem to me unless they are forced to do so as children in Turkey will be forced to study the Koran. People here might even laugh if they read the fake Gospel of Barnabas. However, since there is freedom of religion in this country, no student is forced to read the religious writings of another religion.

Patently false. Roughly half of the reading in my tenth grade English class was devoted to studying the religious writings of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and a few other faiths, with Christianity mentioned only in passing. There were no Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Shinto, or anyone else in the class, or even in the school to my knowledge; it was, however, majority Christian, yet while Christianity is by far the world's largest religion, its teachings were glossed over.

Ask yourself: Why is the United States government allied with such a country? Why is it propping up a regime that either commits or allows such transgressions to take place?

I don't know where you went to school, but I went to school in New York City, and the time spent on different religions in a World History class was actually just one class session. No one was told to read anything about the various religions. The teacher just spoke about them. If someone wanted to acquaint themselves with the different religions of the world in the past, they could have taken a Comparative Religion class in college or visit their local library. Now all you have to do is Google and you can find a lot of work on each religion.

As for the U.S. allying themselves with Turkey, many countries ally themselves with others which are beyond our understanding. Right now you will see the U.S. allying themselves with partners that you would have never seen before in order to fight ISIS.

As for Turkey, they seem to be going more Islamic all the time. This is one example.

Turkey Istanbul censorship on women s legs raises eyebrows - General news - ANSAMed.it

I went to school in -----a state other than New York------my little town school system
was considered EXCELLENT -----a full 80% of the kids (public school---everyone there----no matter how dim) went on to further education after high school graduation. A whole lesson in history class, Sally? like a WHOLE hour?----
we had none..... There was a paragraph -----on each major religion-----somewhere
in the "social studies" textbook. The teachers just ignored it. IN LITERATURE class-----one year-----my class (we were the "special kids") read the biblical book of
married his mom?)

married his mom?)

And thus we get the Oedipus complex.

As to where is rape of non Muslims taught? Try 38,000 Madrassas going back decades now. Young Muslim boys - trained in the Qur'an, to memorize the Qu'ran but little else is taught - only kill the infidel, murder, rape, loot - but no lessons in Science, mathematics, languages - why? Because in those Madrassas they were trained to be martyrs for Allah. Look up the book, Secrets of the Koran by Don Richardson for some excellent reseach on the subject. Another book by Dr. Robert A. Morey addresses the subject of Islam quite extensively - but I believe the book has been banned since its publication.
LOL............that is quite the hilarious fantasy post you got going on there Jeremiah. ..... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Robert A. Morey (born 1946) is a Christian apologist and pastor who has written a number of books and pamphlets. He criticizes Islam, Wicca, and non-Evangelical Christian beliefs. He is the founder of the unaccredited California Biblical University and Seminary

the guy is a batshit crazy loon

married his mom?)

married his mom?)

Oedipus Rex or just the plain old Oedipus?....and what of Antigone?Another damn play we did all through high school in drama class...
Around here when you tell someone you are sorry, it's more like telling them so what or tough shat...

married his mom?)

married his mom?)

Oedipus Rex or just the plain old Oedipus?....and what of Antigone?Another damn play we did all through high school in drama class...

I believe in my school you volunteered if you wanted to be in a play. I didn't know you had acting ambitions, Moonglow. Do we have another Al "Sonny" Pacino in our midst?

married his mom?)

married his mom?)

Around here when you tell someone you are sorry, it's more like telling them so what or tough shat...

The play/mythology go by both names though Rex is correct. Antigone is the daughter and teller of the tale.

The complex is what Freud called a child's unconscious sexual desire of a parent.

If they are denying Christianity, no longer can it be considered a religion, they loose all protection and will be persecuted and chased out.

That's a mighty big "if," especially when you consider that this was an off-the-cuff philosophical remark made by a single Minister, not a declaration by the Prime Minister that Christianity is now considered an illegal cult or the like. This isn't reflective of the Turkish government's actual stance on Christianity or Christians, merely one person's opinion.

>>Erdogan Bayraktar said at a recent conference sponsored by Turkey’s ruling (AKP) party<<

And? Again, the remarks were his own. Even if the party was hosting the event at which he spoke, that doesn't amount to either an endorsement of his statements or the outlawing of a religion.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to see the articles about how the Turkish government recently declared Christianity illegal and how Christians are fleeing Turkey in droves for fear of their lives.

Actually the Christians have a right to be living in fear in Turkey. The news coming out of Turkey for them is not what one would sing "Happy Days are Here Again." In fact, there are Armenians living in the U.S. who could tell you about how their relatives in Turkey are very worried about what is happening.

By the way, it looks that now in Turkey everyone in school will have to study the Koran. Since this country is basically Christian majority, imagine if everyone -- whether Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, etc. -- had to study the New Testament.

TURKEY Erdogan s new Turkey to requires all students to study the Qur an - Asia News
The Far Right Christians in the US would love it. They're defending Christian prayer in schools.

If they are denying Christianity, no longer can it be considered a religion, they loose all protection and will be persecuted and chased out.

That's a mighty big "if," especially when you consider that this was an off-the-cuff philosophical remark made by a single Minister, not a declaration by the Prime Minister that Christianity is now considered an illegal cult or the like. This isn't reflective of the Turkish government's actual stance on Christianity or Christians, merely one person's opinion.

>>Erdogan Bayraktar said at a recent conference sponsored by Turkey’s ruling (AKP) party<<

And? Again, the remarks were his own. Even if the party was hosting the event at which he spoke, that doesn't amount to either an endorsement of his statements or the outlawing of a religion.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to see the articles about how the Turkish government recently declared Christianity illegal and how Christians are fleeing Turkey in droves for fear of their lives.

Actually the Christians have a right to be living in fear in Turkey. The news coming out of Turkey for them is not what one would sing "Happy Days are Here Again." In fact, there are Armenians living in the U.S. who could tell you about how their relatives in Turkey are very worried about what is happening.

By the way, it looks that now in Turkey everyone in school will have to study the Koran. Since this country is basically Christian majority, imagine if everyone -- whether Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, etc. -- had to study the New Testament.

TURKEY Erdogan s new Turkey to requires all students to study the Qur an - Asia News
The Far Right Christians in the US would love it. They're defending Christian prayer in schools.

I missed the connection------getting back to the OP (good girl that I am) ----"Christianity not a religion" a personal anecdote.

my baby -----whilst in highschool befriended his assigned chem lab partner----a Pakistani
muslim kid. The Pakistani was a bit overwhelmed because my kid understood too
much Arabic (only the stuff that is the same
as the simple Hebrew my kid knows) Just about every day my kid came home and said
"you won't believe what Siddique said today"

one day Siddique decided to explain "religion" to my kid.
"there are three religions-----Judaism, Christianity, and islam-------Islam is the best because it "corrects" the previous religions which were "'corrupted' "

they were sitting in the student lounge----a hindu girl nearby------my kid indicated the hindu girl and said "there's more than three---Hinduism is another one"

"" HINDUISM IS NOT A RELIGION--IT IS A FAKE!!!!!!""

my poor kid "GEE MA---I WAS SO EMBARASSED" (it was not a really bad
experience---the indian hindu girl was pretty--and she smiled at my kid)

do not fret fellow posters ----who are Christian------for a long time Christianity
was considered "a religion" by the followers of the rapist pig------but do you really WANT
that endorsement?

Forum List

Back