Christians attempt to silence non-religious messages at Christmas

All this's predicted in the Bible
Home

Booklet > The Book of Revelation Unveiled > Satan's War Against the People of God

The links speak for themselves, weather or not you beleive, we are, in the beginning of a holocaust thatll make Hitlars appear like childs play,, not one single prophesy has fail all have been fulfilled except for the return of Jesus The Christ

Prophecy is a load of bunk.

You're no doubt an ANTI-CHRIST

No, I applied for the job as the anti-christ but was turned down because I couldn't pass the physical - I have bad knees.

so i inherently understand your blind logic.. go out now and decieve more like Satan your father

Satan my father? Bwaaaahaaahaaahaa!!! Wait till I tell him. He'll get a real kick out of that.

, the father of liers you know your time is limited... Heres a link just for you if you got the guts..
War On The Saints - Chapter 1 (Part 3 of 3)

I've read it all before. It is nothing but people with overactive imaginations interpreting events in order to fit these vague predictiions so they can say "See? We were right!!"

As for me, my chat with you is over........

Imagine my disappointment :eusa_whistle:

Since you won't have Whitelion to chat with anymore, have you given any thought to our hypothetical?

Are you waiting to see if I'll call you the devil's minion or a demon or some such thing before you decide whether to take up the question? I promise not to...:lol:

Last edited:
Since you won't have Whitelion to chat with anymore, have you given any thought to our hypothetical?

Are you waiting to see if I'll call you the devil's minion or a demon or some such thing before you decide whether to take up the question? I promise not to...:lol:

Let's say that a fellow operates a dog fighting operation in the suburbs of Atlanta. He has a friend who goes into town and distributes flyers but doesn’t actually participate in, or attend, the dog fighting. The law specifically prohibits the conduct of a dog fight.

Should the friend be prosecuted for his part? The law of principles would apply there as well.

I would say it is not a comparable example. The friend wouldn't be arrested if he was just speaking about dogfighting, which is what you are saying will happen if a preacher speaks out about homosexuality.

Let's say that a fellow operates a dog fighting operation in the suburbs of Atlanta. He has a friend who goes into town and distributes flyers but doesn’t actually participate in, or attend, the dog fighting. The law specifically prohibits the conduct of a dog fight.

Should the friend be prosecuted for his part? The law of principles would apply there as well.

I would say it is not a comparable example. The friend wouldn't be arrested if he was just speaking about dogfighting, which is what you are saying will happen if a preacher speaks out about homosexuality.

Not so, my friend.

The way in which the law is applied is to charge the preacher with inciting another person to violate the law. The preacher can’t be arrested merely for preaching that homosexuality is sin. The law only comes into play when another who says he relied on that preaching goes out and commits a hate crime. In essence, what the law does is hold the preacher responsible for the other man’s crime, as if he were an accessory before the fact.

The fellow who goes to town and distributes the flyers or otherwise causes people to engage in the dog fight is held to have done the very same thing under the law of principles. He has incited others to commit the crime, dog fighting.

So, what do you say. Should he be prosecuted or not? It’s not a hard question. Why try to avoid it? Unless, of course, you know the answer doesn’t line up with your earlier position.

Last edited:

Not so, my friend.

The way in which the law is applied is to charge the preacher with inciting another person to violate the law. The preacher can’t be arrested merely for preaching that homosexuality is sin. The law only comes into play when another who says he relied on that preaching goes out and commits a hate crime. In essence, what the law does is hold the preacher responsible for the other man’s crime, as if he were an accessory before the fact.

The fellow who goes to town and distributes the flyers or otherwise causes people to engage in the dog fight is held to have done the very same thing under the law of principles. He has incited others to commit the crime, dog fighting.

So, what do you say. Should he be prosecuted or not? It’s not a hard question. Why try to avoid it? Unless, of course, you know the answer doesn’t line up with your earlier position.

That is exactly so. SPEAKING about criminal activity (with certain limitations that don't apply here) is not illegal. You're saying that preachers will be arrested for SPEAKING their opinions about homosexuality. That's a load of crap and so is your slippery slope argument.

Not so, my friend.

That is exactly so. SPEAKING about criminal activity (with certain limitations that don't apply here) is not illegal. You're saying that preachers will be arrested for SPEAKING their opinions about homosexuality. That's a load of crap and so is your slippery slope argument.

I'll take your refusal to answer the question and instead to try to change what I said or twist my words as your recognition that you simply can't support your position...;)

Not so, my friend.

I'll take your refusal to answer the question and instead to try to change what I said or twist my words as your recognition that you simply can't support your position...;)

I'm not avoiding the question, I figured that you were smart enough to get your answer from the comment I made. The person in question could be considered to be doing more than just speaking if he is physically handing out flyers and prompting people to participate. As I already said, though, your preacher saying bad things about homosexuality is not crossing that line unless he is doing more than jut speaking. There is a fine line between just speaking and actually participating or inciting others to participate. I'd have to see more specifics to decide one way or the other.

I'm not avoiding the question, I figured that you were smart enough to get your answer from the comment I made. The person in question could be considered to be doing more than just speaking if he is physically handing out flyers and prompting people to participate. As I already said, though, your preacher saying bad things about homosexuality is not crossing that line unless he is doing more than jut speaking. There is a fine line between just speaking and actually participating or inciting others to participate. I'd have to see more specifics to decide one way or the other.

What more would you need beyond the admission by one of the Congressmen who is cosponsoring this bill in the Congressional Committee hearing, that it can be interpreted to apply in exactly the way that I've described here???

Oh, I know. You want him to call you up and explain it to ya himself...:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Calling it bigotry hatered and intolerance for insulting a belief system is absolutely insane.

Under that pathetic logic it would be hateful for me to attack the idea that aliens come to Earth on a regular basis or attack the idea that Elvis is still alive.

How is what they are saying hateful to people who practice religion? Where does it say those who follow religion are stupid, inferior or in any way lesser beings? I want to know because you keep going ON AND ON AND ON about how you and your faith were personally turned into a victim because a bunch of atheists wanted to put up a sign near the holidays.

In fact you were so quick to mark yourself for martyrdom that you all ready assumed I was out to get Christianity blah blah blah without hearing nary a word from me on the matter. I'm not out to kill Christianity but to call this sign hate speech and then compare it to a Nazi speech (nice use of Godwin's law) is just stupid.

The government provided a forum for speech it can't reject one religious view and then keep another it's a first amendment issue.

What you have been writing on the original subject of this thread is the PERFECT example of how a right is bastardized by the left in this country. Always claiming THEIR rights come with "extras" that no others have or ever will.

Free speech rights only means government may not arrest or penalize someone for what they said -it does not EVER mean that government must provide a platform and audience for someone to exercise that right. So when a public forum is provided for a specific purpose, government CAN and must limit the content of the speech of others to that specific purpose. And refuse to include speech that fails to fulfill that purpose. Or the public forum will not be the one government intended to create in the first place. Just chaos instead -which is exactly what the governor got by refusing to reject any display or message that failed to fulfill the purpose for which that public display was created.

If government had invited the first 100 people to respond to speak at Obama's Inauguration and give a speech about what the historic nature of the event meant to them in some way -and a member of the KKK was number 99 in line who wanted to say that allowing anyone but a white man to sit in the Oval Office would lead to the destruction of the nation and similar crap - doesn't mean government must allow him to speak at the Inauguration just because he was among the first 100 to respond. The content of the speech must STILL fulfill the specific purpose of the creation of the public forum. Which was NOT so someone could get up and insult blacks or any other group or person. I seriously doubt you would be insisting that message must still be included or it somehow violates HIS free speech rights. It doesn't because the content of his speech did not fulfill the specific purpose of the public forum created.

The content of the atheist message did not fulfill the specific purpose for the creation of that public forum either. The fact one message is demeaning others for having a different skin color and another demeaning others for having different beliefs -is irrelevant. NEITHER are fulfilling the specific purpose and reason for the creation of that particular public forum. Government should exclude BOTH these messages from any government sponsored public forum - unless it is a public forum specifically created for the purpose of allowing people to insult and demean others for what they believe or look like. Which isn't going to happen.

It really shouldn't take an exceptionally high IQ to get this one -but if you are an atheist or anti-religious liberal yourself, this apparently presents a hell of a stumbling block, doesn't it? Liberals always insist that government is OBLIGATED to include THEIR personal views in ANY public forum, no matter what purpose that public forum was created, no matter the fact their speech does not fulfill the purpose of the public forum -or they will squeal their free speech rights have somehow been violated.

The atheists' message was no less hateful and bigoted than one from the KKK would have been at Obam'a Inauguration. Just because YOU share that opinion and also don't like those who are being insulted in that message - doesn't change the true nature of the atheists' message. Or change the fact it failed to fulfill the purpose for which that public forum had been created and should not have been included in the first place. If someone else shared the opinion of the KKK speaker, that still doesn't change the nature of that message or the fact it fails to fulfill the purpose of a different public forum either. Both are still insulting, demeaning messages of hate and bigotry towards others for being different from them in some way and did not fulfill the purpose of that public forum.

Those kinds of messages, regardless of who delivers it, regardless of whether they are opinions you also share or not, regardless of whether it is the message from a group to which you also belong or not -are not EVER something anyone or society itself told must be silently tolerated without protest. Much less told government is obligated to provide a platform and audience for such garbage when it certainly is not.

It's a first amendment issue because of the establishment clause not free speech. It's government land and so if they're going to put up religious messages they can't reject other religious messages (within reason).

And you have yet to explain to me why the message is bigoted. It's insulting religion in general, it says nothing of its followers. To put at the same level of KKK is ridiculous. It's basically saying

"What, they think our idea is evil/stupid/insane? They must want to try to kill us."

Atheists take aim at Christmas - CNN.com

What really interests me about this is the way that Christians, who've won the war to have a nativity placed on the state capitol's grounds, are fighting to SILENCE atheist messages.

Interesting. "Free speech, but only for me."

...the Christian Coalition of America is urging members to oppose the advertisements.

"Although a number of humanists and atheists continue to attempt to rid God and Christmas from the public square, the American people are overwhelmingly opposed to such efforts," Roberta Combs, the group's president said in a press release.

"We will ask our millions of supporters to call the city of Washington, D.C., and Congress to stop this un-Godly campaign."

As far as the criticism goes, Edwords said there are far more controversial placards in Washington.

"That's D.C. -- this is a political center," he said. "If I can see a placard with dead fetuses on it, I think someone can look at our question and just think about it."

The anger over the display in Olympia began after it was assembled Monday. The sentiment grew after some national media personalities called upon viewers to flood the phone lines of the governor's office.

The governor's office told The Seattle Times it received more than 200 calls an hour afterward.

"I happen to be a Christian, and I don't agree with the display that is up there," Washington Gov. Christine Gregoire told The Olympian newspaper. "But that doesn't mean that as governor, I have the right to deny their ability to express their free speech."

For some, the issue isn't even that the atheists are putting their thoughts on display, but rather the way in which they are doing it.

"They are shooting themselves in the foot," said iReport contributor Rich Phillips, who describes himself as an atheist. "Everyone's out there for the holidays, trying to represent their religion, their beliefs, and it's a time to be positive."

The atheist message was never intended to attack anyone, Barker said.

"When people ask us, 'Why are you hateful? Why are you putting up something critical of people's holidays? -- we respond that we kind of feel that the Christian message is the hate message," he said. "On that Nativity scene, there is this threat of internal violence if we don't submit to that master. Hate speech goes both ways."

I think atheists hate God and have made it their mission in life to destroy religion!

If your an atheist why do you care what religious folks do? You obviously dont believe in God so why would religion matter to you???

Atheists actually GO OUT of their way to challenge religion and it makes no sense what so ever!

The truth is this has nothing to do with religion to the Atheists and everything to do with religious ethics.

Atheists have a problem with people living their lives under a given specific set of rules that conflict with their own morals and ethics..

Oh and if anyone is trying to silence anyone at Christmas its the Atheists trying to silence and abolish Christmas as a religious holiday.

I think atheists hate God and have made it their mission in life to destroy religion!

If your an atheist why do you care what religious folks do? You obviously dont believe in God so why would religion matter to you???

Atheists actually GO OUT of their way to challenge religion and it makes no sense what so ever!

The truth is this has nothing to do with religion to the Atheists and everything to do with religious ethics.

Atheists have a problem with people living their lives under a given specific set of rules that conflict with their own morals and ethics..

Oh and if anyone is trying to silence anyone at Christmas its the Atheists trying to silence and abolish Christmas as a religious holiday.

64a318b7.jpg

Just because they don't like the message of Christmas, and internalize it in a way other than it's stated, does not make CHristian slogans "hate speech".

It is, however, hate speech to incite others to attack those of a certain group. Atheists are proud of their heritage when it comes to inciting people to anger against and ridicule of Christians.

Just because they don't like the message of Christmas, and internalize it in a way other than it's stated, does not make CHristian slogans "hate speech".

It is, however, hate speech to incite others to attack those of a certain group. Atheists are proud of their heritage when it comes to inciting people to anger against and ridicule of Christians.

I often find greater charity among atheists than Christians, which saddens me. Since the Acts of the Apostles ought to properly be called the Acts of the Holy Spirit through the Apostles, since the apostles could do nothing if the power of God was not in them, and the practices of the apostles clearly proscribe libertarian communism as an act of the faithful, it's astonishing that many so-called "Christians" primarily seek association with the rich and the powerful...Jimmy Swaggart is a prime example, as are Falwell and Robertson and their support of the expansion of neoliberalism.

Sorry, I quit listening to you twice. Once when I found out you thought child molestation should be legalized, and second when you started carping that Jesus promoted communism, you wack job.

Sorry, I quit listening to you twice. Once when I found out you thought child molestation should be legalized, and second when you started carping that Jesus promoted communism, you wack job.

Of course, I claimed neither, but your idiocy allows you to formulate all sorts of delusional fantasies. I said that there was no age limit on any activity that could be anything but arbitrary, and that young people should be able to file for emancipation (or some similar process, perhaps through a competency test), at any age, at which they would receive what are conventionally known as "adult rights." If I was in favor of "child molestation," it really wouldn't be in my favor to promote training youth in physical self-defense and granting them the right to bear arms, would it? You and your ilk choose to disingenuously claim that I promote "child molestation" because it allows you to effectively silence dissent without rational criticism.

I also never claimed that Jesus "promoted communism." It can certainly be noted that Jesus promoted some variety of egalitarianism, yes, and the Bible generally prohibited many practices which function as standard capitalist business practices today (i.e. usury), but a specific endorsement of libertarian communism as a Christian lifestyle comes from the book of the Acts of the Apostles, which should obviously better be called the Acts of the Holy Spirit through the apostles, as the apostles could not act were the power of God not in them. I noted both Acts 2:44-35, where it is written, "Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need," as well as Acts 4:32, which states "Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common."

You actively oppose the principles of Christ and the early Christian church. You, in short, are not of Christ or of his church, nor are those who promote neoliberal expansion.

I often find greater charity among atheists than Christians, which saddens me. Since the Acts of the Apostles ought to properly be called the Acts of the Holy Spirit through the Apostles, since the apostles could do nothing if the power of God was not in them, and the practices of the apostles clearly proscribe libertarian communism as an act of the faithful, it's astonishing that many so-called "Christians" primarily seek association with the rich and the powerful...Jimmy Swaggart is a prime example, as are Falwell and Robertson and their support of the expansion of neoliberalism.

Did you just make that shit up?

Atheists give more to charity???

Yea maybe donations to progressive liberal organizations... I dont see Atheists donating where it counts like helping the sick, poor and hungry around the world.

Oh and I love your little bias cartoon as well...

All tho I do agree that abortions are nothing short of murder.... However let the other immoral folks dig their own grave, I dont really care! What they do really doesnt effect me as long as they dont promote it...

The idea that every Christian is a nut is truly a pathetic one spread by the anti-religious folks.

If you want to argue ideology then save the extremist crap for the extremists.

Another thing I find disgusting that atheists do is only tackle Christianity, they wont touch any minority religion in the union with a 10 foot pole such as Islam... Again its more picking and choosing by liberals (and yes the majority of atheists are liberal.)

Did you just make that shit up?

Atheists give more to charity???

Yea maybe donations to progressive liberal organizations... I dont see Atheists donating where it counts like helping the sick, poor and hungry around the world.

Oh and I love your little bias cartoon as well...

All tho I do agree that abortions are nothing short of murder.... However let the other immoral folks dig their own grave, I dont really care! What they do really doesnt effect me as long as they dont promote it...

The idea that every Christian is a nut is truly a pathetic one spread by the anti-religious folks.

If you want to argue ideology then save the extremist crap for the extremists.

Another thing I find disgusting that atheists do is only tackle Christianity, they wont touch any minority religion in the union with a 10 foot pole such as Islam... Again its more picking and choosing by liberals (and yes the majority of atheists are liberal.)

I said nothing of specific monetary giving by atheists, though I could likely support that. I referred to atheists generally having more "charitable" outlooks than Christians...for instance, the example of the "Moral" Majority and the "Christian" Coalition in supporting every variety of neoliberalism is appalling and anti-Christian.

I also referred to the libertarian communist practices of the early apostles of the Christian church, and even more so, of the Holy Spirit through those apostles.

Forum List

Back