🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christians need to go on Crusade

TheCrusader

Dec 30, 2015
I want to reclaim the name "Crusade" but for an entirely different purpose.

I believe a Christian Crusade would solve all of the US problems in the following manner:

Christians should become trained professional volunteers in firefighting and medical (I'm a professional Firefighter/Advanced EMT).

If you have more advanced skills such as nursing, even better.

Christians should finance and create a massive endowment that pays for (regardless of any condition) all medical services that can be paid for, starting with walk-in emergency room patients who have no insurance. This will drive down health care inflation pressures.

They should rigorously donate their time to either serving in an ambulance, or on a volunteer fire crew, or at the hospital.

They should campaign to allow volunteers to add their professional skills to these services, and not be marginalized to just doing menial tasks, but to genuinely increase the amount of work being done in health care and government services to help drive down costs to the poor and needy!

They should provide free ride services to the poor who need reliable transportation to their work so they can keep and hold a job and build a decent path to a better career.

They should provide another endowment to help the poorest gain somewhat of a college education, a real meaningful and large scale tuition relief and scholarship program. Not $100 dollar scholarships to the poor, but entire tuitions & etc.

Christians should open real churches, not churches that are only open on Sundays, but churches that are open EVERY DAY, that provides free comfort to the homeless, to the poor, if you are a troubled teen who needs a place to stay, or to run away from an abusive father or family environment, or just a place to study, come to one of these more permanently staffed churches.

This "Megachurch" / "Fundamentalist" / "Open 2 hours a week" / "Donate $5 every Sunday" Evangelical Churches are not just falling short in the eyes of God, but are weak, half-assed, meaningless probably satanic cults.

The real Churches of God, and they are not all "one true denomination" because doctrine will always be debated, are those churches whose doors never close, whose works open hospitals and provides relief and charity to the poor, and who members volunteer their time to those services.

I would like to see the medical fund called the "Hospitaller Endowment" after the knights Hospitaller who founded and staffed the first Hospitals.

Remember, the Catholic ministries and monasteries were always staffed by people who took vows of poverty, while we don't need to go to that extreme, we should emulate their commitment all the time.

Not just on Sunday jerk-off Gospel rallies where you give free shoes and a pamphlet to kids at the park as some "Gospel outreach" mission.

I wouldn't be one to criticize effort, except the effort is so pathetically small and usually hypocritical due to the fact most of these people are Republicans who want nothing more than to cut government services to the Poor.

Christians don't have the courage to crusade more than the village disabled person.

However, I encourage killing sprees, if they are noble.

RC churches are open every day and even have a mass, where I live the one downtown also serves the homeless.

I believe a Christian Crusade would solve all of the US problems in the following manner:

Christians should become trained professional volunteers in firefighting and medical (I'm a professional Firefighter/Advanced EMT).

Christians should finance and create a massive endowment that pays for (regardless of any condition) all medical services that can be paid for, starting with walk-in emergency room patients who have no insurance. This will drive down health care inflation pressures.

They should rigorously donate their time to either serving in an ambulance, or on a volunteer fire crew, or at the hospital.

They should campaign to allow volunteers to add their professional skills to these services, and not be marginalized to just doing menial tasks, but to genuinely increase the amount of work being done in health care and government services to help drive down costs to the poor and needy!

They should provide free ride services to the poor who need reliable transportation to their work so they can keep and hold a job and build a decent path to a better career.

They should provide another endowment to help the poorest gain somewhat of a college education, a real meaningful and large scale tuition relief and scholarship program. Not $100 dollar scholarships to the poor, but entire tuitions & etc.

Christians should open real churches, not churches that are only open on Sundays, but churches that are open EVERY DAY, that provides free comfort to the homeless, to the poor, if you are a troubled teen who needs a place to stay, or to run away from an abusive father or family environment, or just a place to study, come to one of these more permanently staffed churches.

This "Megachurch" / "Fundamentalist" / "Open 2 hours a week" / "Donate $5 every Sunday" Evangelical Churches are not just falling short in the eyes of God, but are weak, half-assed, meaningless probably satanic cults.

The real Churches of God, and they are not all "one true denomination" because doctrine will always be debated, are those churches whose doors never close, whose works open hospitals and provides relief and charity to the poor, and who members volunteer their time to those services.

I would like to see the medical fund called the "Hospitaller Endowment" after the knights Hospitaller who founded and staffed the first Hospitals.

Remember, the Catholic ministries and monasteries were always staffed by people who took vows of poverty, while we don't need to go to that extreme, we should emulate their commitment all the time.

Not just on Sunday jerk-off Gospel rallies where you give free shoes and a pamphlet to kids at the park as some "Gospel outreach" mission.

I wouldn't be one to criticize effort, except the effort is so pathetically small and usually hypocritical due to the fact most of these people are Republicans who want nothing more than to cut government services to the Poor.

Actually, the Church's primary concern is for one's spiritual well-being. Most folks provide for their own physical and financial well-being themselves unless one is a Liberal and then he/she looks to others to provide usually through government programs.

Yes but if they provided physical support they dramatically increase the numbers of converts to the CHurch and thus those who are "saved".

Yes but if they provided physical support they dramatically increase the numbers of converts to the CHurch and thus those who are "saved".

Well, they hardly have the funds do they? Churches are supported by their membership and what other offerings they take in. They have no taxing authority, only governments can do that. Church membership is on the decrease. It is said that there are 1000 new churches started each year but 4,000 churches close their doors each year. That is a total net loss of 3,000 churches each year.

Church members do provide a number of services to their communities. Right now, the Southern Baptists are sending truckloads of shingles and other building materials to tornado victims in Texas. It is often churches who are the first responders to communities affected by national disasters. Locally, churches feed the hungry, establish shelters for the homeless, and offer aid to families suffering the loss of their homes or breadwinner. Here where I live, Pensacola, Florida, we have three hospitals. The largest hospital is the Baptist Hospital which is also the area's largest employer. Sacred Heart is also located here which is a Catholic hospital open to all.

Church members make up a cross section of the population. Many are policemen, firefighters, nurses, etc. They are simply working people like you and I. Don't blame the churches for the ills of America. They do quite a job with the tithes and offerings they collect. Perhaps you might join in and contribute ass these church members do instead of complaining?

Christians need to do I take education out of the hands of GOVERNMENT and LIBERALS. Then maybe we have a fighting chance to persuade the general public. As it is, most people are either confused or want to do whatever they wish without personal responsibility.

Actually, the Church's primary concern is for one's spiritual well-being. Most folks provide for their own physical and financial well-being themselves unless one is a Liberal and then he/she looks to others to provide usually through government programs.

Name one instance where Jesus Christ provides for someone's Spiritual Wellbeing WITHOUT also completely providing for their HEALTH and WELFARE?

Christians need to do I take education out of the hands of GOVERNMENT and LIBERALS. Then maybe we have a fighting chance to persuade the general public. As it is, most people are either confused or want to do whatever they wish without personal responsibility.

You don't have much faith in God if you think Christians need to do anything to grow the Church, but do that which Jesus Christ commands them to actually do. Help the poor and sick.

Well, they hardly have the funds do they? Churches are supported by their membership and what other offerings they take in. They have no taxing authority, only governments can do that. Church membership is on the decrease. It is said that there are 1000 new churches started each year but 4,000 churches close their doors each year. That is a total net loss of 3,000 churches each year.

Church members do provide a number of services to their communities. Right now, the Southern Baptists are sending truckloads of shingles and other building materials to tornado victims in Texas. It is often churches who are the first responders to communities affected by national disasters. Locally, churches feed the hungry, establish shelters for the homeless, and offer aid to families suffering the loss of their homes or breadwinner. Here where I live, Pensacola, Florida, we have three hospitals. The largest hospital is the Baptist Hospital which is also the area's largest employer. Sacred Heart is also located here which is a Catholic hospital open to all.

Church members make up a cross section of the population. Many are policemen, firefighters, nurses, etc. They are simply working people like you and I. Don't blame the churches for the ills of America. They do quite a job with the tithes and offerings they collect. Perhaps you might join in and contribute ass these church members do instead of complaining?

Oh wow, the South Baptists are shipping shingles to tornado victims?

Why don't they send an army of Volunteers there to rebuild houses for free? And build an organization to coordinate the gathering of all the materials needed? Why does it take a disaster for them to do so little? Why not do even MORE all the time, for people who need it ALL THE TIME, rather than for unfortunate middle class whites who got their insured houses blown away.

Name one instance where Jesus Christ provides for someone's Spiritual Wellbeing WITHOUT also completely providing for their HEALTH and WELFARE?

Look around you. Yes, He may provide for the health and welfare of His followers but He certainly does not provide for the health and welfare of unbelievers. Look at your ghettos, at Detroit and a lot of your inner cities. Besides, it is your claim that Christians foot the bill for all your desires, not the Christ. Christians are not the Christ. Christians are people who work for their keep.

Oh wow, the South Baptists are shipping shingles to tornado victims?

Why don't they send an army of Volunteers there to rebuild houses for free? And build an organization to coordinate the gathering of all the materials needed? Why does it take a disaster for them to do so little? Why not do even MORE all the time, for people who need it ALL THE TIME, rather than for unfortunate middle class whites who got their insured houses blown away.

And just exactly how are you and your atheists friends assisting? Where's your trucks?

You don't have much faith in God if you think Christians need to do anything to grow the Church, but do that which Jesus Christ commands them to actually do. Help the poor and sick.
The GREAT COMMISSION from JESUS was to go to all the world and preach the GOSPEL. We not to turn a blind eye towards those in need; however, simply providing for physical needs does little to satisfy spiritual ones. Physical needs met last but a day. Spiritual needs fulfilled last a lifetime and on into eternity.

I find it amusing how the ones who perceive themselves to be liberal minded and highly intelligent tend to dictate how Christians should spend their money, how Christians should behave and live, while they themselves contribute very little toward the betterment of society.

Christians were in charge of education for many years, but kept making students waste time on theological studies and not what was needed for a vibrant industrial society.....

Thinking Chrisitans can be organized and united is a folly. The Christian Community is overrun with marketers and hucksters. While the overall community can claim some of the most wonderful and charitable people on the planet, they also must take responsibility for some of the more evil and horrible ones. The profiteering evangelicals have made the term Christian a meaningless label and brand name.

Forum List

Back