Christians Provide More Aid To Hurricane Victims Than FEMA

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
“Christian non-profit organizations have outdone FEMA and provided the vast majority of the relief aid to victims of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Faith-based relief groups are responsible for providing nearly 80 percent of the aid delivered thus far to communities with homes devastated by the recent hurricanes, according to USA Today.”

Like the many studies I have posted before, per capita Christians give more to help those in need than any other group.

Faith groups provide the bulk of disaster recovery, in coordination with FEMA

So they should. After all hurricanes are Jehovah's punishment for the sins of the US, right?

Back in 2004 & 2005 when several hurricanes pummeled the South, the aid from a Baptist association was second only to the Red Cross, if memory serves. Just a Baptist association, not including all the other Christian organizations that pitched in.

Christians outpace others in this kind of humanitarian output elsewhere, too, not just disaster relief.

Which, of course, explains all the derision and persecution that the world heaps on them.

“Christian non-profit organizations have outdone FEMA and provided the vast majority of the relief aid to victims of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Faith-based relief groups are responsible for providing nearly 80 percent of the aid delivered thus far to communities with homes devastated by the recent hurricanes, according to USA Today.”

Like the many studies I have posted before, per capita Christians give more to help those in need than any other group.

You never hear about American Atheist Association, whatever they call themselves, raising funds and donating to charity.

I wonder how many muslims are helping the 'non-believers'?

I wonder who's doing more --- bricklayers or Sagittarians?

Vegetarians or those with blue eyes?

People whose last names begin with a vowel or those whose names begin with a consonant?

These are the burning questions of our time. :eusa_think:

One need only to read the USA link in the OP to see that the OP is a distortion. FEMA uses the "Faith Based" groups to distribute donations made by all religious and non-religious groups. Hence, the donations are not just from Christian groups, but a few Christian groups provide the "boots on the ground" so to speak for distribution purposes. It means that donations of food and household items donated by the Buddist Temples, Jewish Synagogs, Muslim Mosques, etc. will probably be distributed by Jehovah Witnesses or Methodists who operate and provide the volunteers at the distribution centers.

They have different roles

Private relief agencies are there to help individuals affected by the storm. Government agencies have to rebuild infrastructure which is much more extensive

They have different roles

Private relief agencies are there to help individuals affected by the storm. Government agencies have to rebuild infrastructure which is much more extensive
Government is not going to help people, just inanimate objects?

I don't know whether to laugh or go along with your crazy position.

"FEMA" is a religion now? :wtf:
Yes. And so is the Red Cross.

Derp.

Ackchooly I'm asking the OP to defend his false comparison. Thanks for playin'.
Now let's see if he runs away.

What false comparison? You have one entity where the donations are voluntary, you know real charity, and one where what they have is from mandated taxes, something leftists claim as charity.

"FEMA" is a religion now? :wtf:
Yes. And so is the Red Cross.

Derp.

Ackchooly I'm asking the OP to defend his false comparison. Thanks for playin'.
Now let's see if he runs away.

What false comparison? You have one entity where the donations are voluntary, you know real charity, and one where what they have is from mandated taxes, something leftists claim as charity.
They come up with the lamest lies to attack Christian charity.

Forum List

Back