Christine Ford - The facts and their weight

well I've always heard someone drunk doesn't have full recognition of their thoughts. so how can she remember if she was drunk?

Who said that she was drunk when this happened?

Nobody - they made it up and they're sticking to it.

Teenagers that go to drinking parties, typically drink.

You need to get out more.

"Typically" doesn't necessarily describe this young lady. Unless you were there with a breathalyzer, STFU
unless you were there to see kavanaugh groping her, STFU.
I couldn't have said that any better. I'm jealous as shit now.

giphy.gif

Who said that she was drunk when this happened?

Nobody - they made it up and they're sticking to it.

Teenagers that go to drinking parties, typically drink.

You need to get out more.

"Typically" doesn't necessarily describe this young lady. Unless you were there with a breathalyzer, STFU

Actually "typical" does apply, she comes across as the typical dumbass liberal.

She had farah fawcet hair , look at her she was slutty as Rebecca De Mornay in risky business..

dude she admits she was the only girl in a house full of boys. WTF did she think would be the outcome there? What was her reason to be there as the only girl?

I believe Ford. The facts are pretty convincing and support her credibility. I am listing the facts, and scoring them for their probative value on a 1 - 5 scale.

Revealed the attack in 2012 - 5
There would be no reason for her to make up this story in 2012. She stated then that the two individuals involved had become prominent members of Washington society, and that is true for Kavanaugh and Judge.

Revealed Kavanaugh's name in 2012 - 2
That she revealed the name only to her husband drastically reduces the impact of this piece of information. We can't ignore the possibility that her husband is willing to lie to support her. But we also cannot discount his statements simply because he is her husband. If there were potential for some kind of tangible benefit for this couple to gain, I would score this a "1", but any possible benefit to be gained would be several steps removed, at best.

Anonymous July letter - 3
Anyone can submit an anonymous letter and say anything. In and of itself it doesn't mean much, and by itself it wouldn't doing much with. But what is significant here is that Ford is not, in any way, trying to launch a last minute torpedo to delay Kavanaugh's confirmation. She submitted an "FYI" letter to inform her Senator, but she didn't want to be in the spotlight. Feinstein's office probably handled this in a very partisan way, playing political games. But that is no reflection on Ford's credibility. Ford only came forward after the letter was leaked and made public.

Going into hiding - 3
In conjunction with the previous point, it is pretty clear that Ford is looking for 15 minutes of fame. To the contrary, she would rather stay out of the spotlight. She didn't have to step forward and reveal herself, and she doesn't like being in the spotlight, but she's done it anyway. What we're seeing is much more consistent with a sexual assault victim who is struggling for the strength to speak out, than a partisan who is making salacious lies. This doesn't speak directly to the veracity of her claims. But her reluctance to testify is consistent with the fact that she hadn't wanted to come forward in the first place, which supports her credibility.

Request for FBI, other investigations - 4
While not wanting to testify in front of the entire nation, she has said that she would want the FBI to investigate. This would be consistent with a sexual assault victim who longs for privacy. But perhaps more importantly, it would open her up to legal liability. And that fully neutralizes the suggestions by some that her reluctance to testify her way of trying to avoid perjury.

Classmate claims to have known about incident - 1
Contemporary knowledge of the incident would be a powerfully convincing fact. If what this classmate is saying is true, it's devastating and puts seals the deal. However, much more is needed before it can be afforded significant weight. As it stands now, this classmate could easily be lying and just trying to tip the scales for partisan reasons. This classmate suggests that the incident became general knowledge among much of the student body. So we should be able to expect there to be other classmates who would also remember hearing about the incident. If others come forward, this point could become strong enough to eliminate all doubt. Until then, it is a very weak piece of evidence. Especially because every indication from Ford thus far is that she kept the incident secret out of embarrassment.

Do you believe in Santa?

I want to see the complete notes from the therapist, cuz rumor has it that some of the “repressed memories” that came up in session included Little Green Men anally probing her. And Santa too!

Your analysis and ratings notwithstanding, it is utterly absurd to disqualify an otherwise outstanding person for an incident that happened decades ago before he had reached legal age

That is a fair argument.

and while he was drunk.

That is not.

But the bigger problem I see at this point is one of honesty and integrity. Of course, the Democrats are screwing that up entirely and are once again highlighting their incredible talent for failing when victory is handed to them. There is already significant reason to believe that Kavanaugh has lied under oath during this confirmation process. Now, with these accusations coming forth, he is denying them. Given that the accusations are very credible, his denials appear to be more lies, which seems to put Kavanaugh in a position of being an untrustworthy liar. That is a disqualifying trait for a Supreme Court justice.

The accusations are not credible. There’s enough reasonable doubt it wouldn’t even be taken to court in the first place.
well it wasn't a crime anyway. nothing happened, she said so.

Let’s take a look at the witnesses one she cited says they have no recollection of the event she is talking about another one a woman named Cristina King Miranda wrote on Facebook that she knew Ford and Kavanaugh in high school and that "the incident was spoken about for days afterwards in school. Kavanaugh should stop lying." But that contradicts Ford's account that she told no one for 30 years—and Miranda quickly deleted the post also this alleged incident was supposed to have taken place in the Summer so it wouldn’t have been talked about in school.

Have no comment about her, would like to see FBI investigation because of other things that have come out. makes me wonder about a life time appointment for this man

she didn't know how she got to the party
she didn't know who's house it was
she doesn't recall what year it happened
she doesn't know how she got home

give me a better reason for why all this is true.

She's in her 50s, it's an incident that happened over 35 years ago, and you're asking for the immaterial facts. I bet she doesn't remember what she had for breakfast that morning, either. Do you even remember what you had for breakfast yesterday?

If anything she should remember the year, drunk or not. If she WAS drunk I’ll give her a pass for not knowing whose house it was and how she got there and back. But if not severely intoxicated she should know those facts too. Victims of these types of crimes remember those kind of details. I was raped and remember the year, the time of year, the time of day, where it happened, how I got there and how I got home...

Let’s take a look at the witnesses one she cited says they have no recollection of the event she is talking about another one a woman named Cristina King Miranda wrote on Facebook that she knew Ford and Kavanaugh in high school and that "the incident was spoken about for days afterwards in school. Kavanaugh should stop lying." But that contradicts Ford's account that she told no one for 30 years—and Miranda quickly deleted the post also this alleged incident was supposed to have taken place in the Summer so it wouldn’t have been talked about in school.
Is this the same woman who said all she was trying to do was support her friend. Now leave her alone.

The accusations are not credible. There’s enough reasonable doubt it wouldn’t even be taken to court in the first place.

Nobody said anything about bringing criminal charges.

My point is if there’s not enough information to bring it to court we shouldn’t even be talking about it anymore. Innocent until proven guilty and there’s not enough evidence so why are we wasting our time?

If this isn’t a political stunt what is it?

Remember that this guy is been nominated for a lifetime position that will give him immense power over female Americans, whose rights are in jeopardy. It's not as if he is nominated for dog catcher. This is a serious matter.

Given what is known about this good buddy of his, Mark Judge, including writing a book in which, among other things, he advocated hitting women and bossing them around, it brings to mind that phrase "the company you keep," He seems to be quite a shady character.

Kavanaugh classmate Mark Judge details parties in writings - CNNPolitics

There is no need to rush this matter. I hope that Dr. Ford testifies. I also hope that Mark Judge is called to testify under oath.

Have no comment about her, would like to see FBI investigation because of other things that have come out. makes me wonder about a life time appointment for this man
why? what would they do?

Can you name the steps in an investigation?

Remember that this guy is been nominated for a lifetime position that will give him immense power over female Americans, whose rights are in jeopardy. It's not as if he is nominated for dog catcher. This is a serious matter.

Given what is known about this good buddy of his, Mark Judge, including writing a book in which, among other things, he advocated hitting women and bossing them around, it brings to mind that phrase "the company you keep," He seems to be quite a shady character.

Kavanaugh classmate Mark Judge details parties in writings - CNNPolitics

There is no need to rush this matter. I hope that Dr. Ford testifies. I also hope that Mark Judge is called to testify under oath.
so? what did he do?

I believe Ford. The facts are pretty convincing and support her credibility. I am listing the facts, and scoring them for their probative value on a 1 - 5 scale.

There would be no reason for her to make up this story in 2012. She stated then that the two individuals involved had become prominent members of Washington society, and that is true for Kavanaugh and Judge.

That she revealed the name only to her husband drastically reduces the impact of this piece of information. We can't ignore the possibility that her husband is willing to lie to support her. But we also cannot discount his statements simply because he is her husband. If there were potential for some kind of tangible benefit for this couple to gain, I would score this a "1", but any possible benefit to be gained would be several steps removed, at best.

Anyone can submit an anonymous letter and say anything. In and of itself it doesn't mean much, and by itself it wouldn't doing much with. But what is significant here is that Ford is not, in any way, trying to launch a last minute torpedo to delay Kavanaugh's confirmation. She submitted an "FYI" letter to inform her Senator, but she didn't want to be in the spotlight. Feinstein's office probably handled this in a very partisan way, playing political games. But that is no reflection on Ford's credibility. Ford only came forward after the letter was leaked and made public.

Going into hiding - 3
In conjunction with the previous point, it is pretty clear that Ford is looking for 15 minutes of fame. To the contrary, she would rather stay out of the spotlight. She didn't have to step forward and reveal herself, and she doesn't like being in the spotlight, but she's done it anyway. What we're seeing is much more consistent with a sexual assault victim who is struggling for the strength to speak out, than a partisan who is making salacious lies. This doesn't speak directly to the veracity of her claims. But her reluctance to testify is consistent with the fact that she hadn't wanted to come forward in the first place, which supports her credibility.

While not wanting to testify in front of the entire nation, she has said that she would want the FBI to investigate. This would be consistent with a sexual assault victim who longs for privacy. But perhaps more importantly, it would open her up to legal liability. And that fully neutralizes the suggestions by some that her reluctance to testify her way of trying to avoid perjury.

Contemporary knowledge of the incident would be a powerfully convincing fact. If what this classmate is saying is true, it's devastating and puts seals the deal. However, much more is needed before it can be afforded significant weight. As it stands now, this classmate could easily be lying and just trying to tip the scales for partisan reasons. This classmate suggests that the incident became general knowledge among much of the student body. So we should be able to expect there to be other classmates who would also remember hearing about the incident. If others come forward, this point could become strong enough to eliminate all doubt. Until then, it is a very weak piece of evidence. Especially because every indication from Ford thus far is that she kept the incident secret out of embarrassment.

Do you believe in Santa?

I want to see the complete notes from the therapist, cuz rumor has it that some of the “repressed memories” that came up in session included Little Green Men anally probing her. And Santa too!
ok - were the green men AND santa anally probing her or were the green men probing her AND santa?

Go investigate

The FBI cannot.

Knock your socks off and report back.
dude, I want to know what their first move is. I want one of your moral kings or queens to tell me your first step in an investigation! ready go? I got a feeling you all will say nothing.

Going into hiding - 3

Do you believe in Santa?

ok - were the green men AND santa anally probing her or were the green men probing her AND santa?
maybe those are her fantasies?

Going into hiding - 3

As far as number 4 goes, you people conveniently ignore the fact that the statute of limitations has long since expired therefore as far as the legal system is concerned there is no victim and no crime to investigate

Going into hiding - 3

Do you believe in Santa?

According to the report, or Dr. Fords husbands recollection as to what was said six years later?

Going into hiding - 3

Do you believe in Santa?

maybe those are her fantasies?
her therapist ain't talkin. :)

Going into hiding - 3

Do you believe in Santa?

According to the report, or Dr. Fords husbands recollection as to what was said six years later?
oh i can't believe it matters at this point. pick your poison and let it roll.

Forum List

Back