Christy bans gay conversion "therapy"

Glad it was banned. It amounts to child abuse, and any parent who takes their kid to these quacks needs to be charged.

Why is it child abuse to tell a child that they have a choice about their sexual preference, but not to tell a boy that they are really a girl? Why is it legal to get a child therapy to help it believe that it is a different sex, but illegal to tell that same child that it can chose whatever sexual preference they want?

Because no one does have a choice about their sexual preference. No one can pick and choose who they are attracted to.

All I have to do to prove that is wrong is find one person who has a choice. I already did that.

Minors do not have a "choice" as far as this undiagnosed "therapy" is concerned. Once they become adults there is nothing stopping them from availing themselves of this "therapy" if they so choose for themselves. Gov Christie is protecting children from being exposed to a "therapy" for which there is no legitimate diagnosis. That falls within the duties that he was elected to do for the people of New Jersey. The NJ Legislature passed this law based upon a careful evaluation of the benefit/harm to the children. Why do you want to deny the people of New Jersey their freedom of choice to decide what is best for their own children? Doesn't NJ have a "states right" to make this choice for themselves?

Minors don't have a choice about a lot of things, what makes this one more egregious than any of the other things minors don't have a choice about?

The provably harmful outcomes.

Provable harmful outcomes like children drowning in swimming pools, falling off of bikes, getting hurt playing football, and all the other dangerous things that children do every day.

Why is it child abuse to tell a child that they have a choice about their sexual preference, but not to tell a boy that they are really a girl? Why is it legal to get a child therapy to help it believe that it is a different sex, but illegal to tell that same child that it can chose whatever sexual preference they want?

Because no one does have a choice about their sexual preference. No one can pick and choose who they are attracted to.

All I have to do to prove that is wrong is find one person who has a choice. I already did that.

If they say they chose to be straight they are lying.

Presbyterians now have approved ordination of non celebate gay ministers. I guess that Conservatives believe that these Presbyterian ministers should go to therapy, while preaching the word of god. Personally, I believe that conservatives should go to therapy will preaching the philosophy of bigotry.

Last edited:
Minors don't have a choice about a lot of things, what makes this one more egregious than any of the other things minors don't have a choice about?

The provably harmful outcomes.

Provable harmful outcomes like children drowning in swimming pools, falling off of bikes, getting hurt playing football, and all the other dangerous things that children do every day.

No, I was thinking more along the lines of bloodletting.

581797_604028896316309_1007446884_n.png

Lest we forget ...

So the parents that subjected their children to the abuse didnt file charges and you wonder why? Is that what you're saying? Maybe because the parents didnt want to admit they volunteered them to abuse. Its really simple

Thanks that proves nothing about this shit being therapy. I have some stick therapy where I smack people with sticks. Its not beating them see, because I call it "therapy". Call it whatever you want, its harmful

Conservapedia says that going to church is the same as going to homo therapy. Its not, one is going to church the other isnt. Understand? Also, you asked if going to church counts.

You asked a question. The answer is...its not the same. The proof that it isnt the same is your own confusion on if it is or not. You wouldnt ask if it was

"So the parents that subjected their children to the abuse didnt file charges and you wonder why?"

No, you idiot....

The parents wouldn't have to be the ones filing if there were a crime.

Who would file then? The people doing the abusing? The parents?

"Do You Suspect Abuse or Maltreatment?
Report it Now!

Call our Statewide Toll Free Telephone Number:
1-800-342-3720"
New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS)

"So the parents that subjected their children to the abuse didnt file charges and you wonder why?"

No, you idiot....

The parents wouldn't have to be the ones filing if there were a crime.

Who would file then? The people doing the abusing? The parents?

"Do You Suspect Abuse or Maltreatment?
Report it Now!

Call our Statewide Toll Free Telephone Number:
1-800-342-3720"
New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS)

Exactly. So your contention that if it was abuse there would be charges is false because not even you can identify the person or persons who would file the charges in the first place.

Thank you and good night *drops mic*

Forum List

Back