Church cancels teen gun giveaway

"Semiautomatic assault rifle" LOL you anti-gun pod people are all the same :cuckoo:

So one teen was going to be given an AR-15. Big fucking deal. Go whine about global warming or something and get a fucking life, Korky.

Apparently you have irony poor blood.

Apparently you and/or your garbage "source" can in fact be "make it up"?

Apparently you didn't pay attention in English class.

What's to make up? Lots of kids get rifles in the Midwest when when they are children. Ever notice it's always some city kid that finds a gun in dad's nightstand that pops himself or someone else? Because they aren't educated on firearms.

My kids were around firearms from day one and I explained them to them and taught them to shoot. There was no mystique of "forbidden object" to them so they paid them no attention.

It's just a marketing ploy and obviously it works. Bet they hold that giveaway about 20 hours into that 21 hours of preaching.

Ever notice it's always some city kid that finds a gun in dad's nightstand that pops himself or someone else? Because they aren't educated on firearms.

No, I didn't ever notice that.

I especially didn't notice that when a friend of my son, who lives in a village of 1,000 people, blew his brains out with his daddy's gun a couple years ago.

That young suicide was educated in firearms, too, incidently, what with him not being a city kid and all.

1,000,000 Americans have been killed by guns since 1960.

1,000,000 Americans have been killed by guns since 1960.

You including war deaths and suicides in that figure? Do you have a link to the source? Seems like an unlikely number...I mean, exactly 1 million?

Simple math really. Tens of thousands of gun deaths per year X 48 = ...

Here is a good overview of the statistically breakdown of the slaughter....

VPC - Who Dies - Introduction

Sheesh. So they're no even real numbers? This "simple math" is only an approximation at best, and it's only a good approximation if the number of deaths stays constant over the 48 year period, even though the population has grown substantially (thus I doubt the figure has remained constant).

Also, suicide deaths are the number one category listed, so that gives a misleading result in my opinion. That would be like including in car fatalities the number of people who turned on their car in the garage an asphyxiated themselves, or including in the number of physician-caused deaths all the doctors who committed suicide.

Quite misleading. I'm sure the real figures are out there somewhere.

Sheesh. So they're no even real numbers? This "simple math" is only an approximation at best, and it's only a good approximation if the number of deaths stays constant over the 48 year period, even though the population has grown substantially (thus I doubt the figure has remained constant).

Also, suicide deaths are the number one category listed, so that gives a misleading result in my opinion. That would be like including in car fatalities the number of people who turned on their car in the garage an asphyxiated themselves, or including in the number of physician-caused deaths all the doctors who committed suicide.

Quite misleading. I'm sure the real figures are out there somewhere.

The only thing misleading is your post. Most gun lovers when confronted with this staggering number of deaths changes the subject to hospital deaths or car accidents. The easy access to guns in America is a public health disaster. What would the reaction be if 1,000,000 Americans had been killed by "terrorists?"

Fatal Firearm Injuries in the United States - NCIPC

The only thing misleading is your post. Most gun lovers when confronted with this staggering number of deaths changes the subject to hospital deaths or car accidents. The easy access to guns in America is a public health disaster. What would the reaction be if 1,000,000 Americans had been killed by "terrorists?"

Since you didn't address anything I said, I'll assume you don't want to discuss. I don't have time for people who just want to do the electronic version of "hearing themselves talk."

If you want to address my points, then I'll be happy to respond.

So muscle car lovers should be ashamed to love cars and racing because car kill far more people than guns?? Either way, it's the people doing the killing, not the gun.

Have you ever noticed that gun-crime is higher in cities, and gun-accidents happen more frequently in cities. That's because city-folk like yourself tell your kids, "Don't ever touch a gun, they kill people." So you've instantly caused the curiosity in your kid to peak about it. Which means the second you leave your kid unattended with friends, your kid will get out the gun to show his buddies (and not know a damn thing about it). That's how accidents happen Kirk...It's peoples' fault for not educating their kids on safety.

When I was as young as five, I would ask my dad about his guns. He would take it out of the gun-cabinet, explain safety to me, and even let me hold it. Any time my sister and I wanted to look at one, he'd get one out for us to look at. But he also told us that if we ever wanted to, all we had to do was ask...and we should never try to get it by ourselves. We, as well as many rural families, don't have a problem with gun-accidents and/or gun-crime.....You're logic is flawed....

Since you didn't address anything I said, I'll assume you don't want to discuss. I don't have time for people who just want to do the electronic version of "hearing themselves talk."

If you want to address my points, then I'll be happy to respond.

It is hard to discuss when all the facts are against you. You have my sympathies.

So muscle car lovers should be ashamed to love cars and racing because car kill far more people than guns?? Either way, it's the people doing the killing, not the gun.

Have you ever noticed that gun-crime is higher in cities, and gun-accidents happen more frequently in cities. That's because city-folk like yourself tell your kids, "Don't ever touch a gun, they kill people." So you've instantly caused the curiosity in your kid to peak about it. Which means the second you leave your kid unattended with friends, your kid will get out the gun to show his buddies (and not know a damn thing about it). That's how accidents happen Kirk...It's peoples' fault for not educating their kids on safety.

When I was as young as five, I would ask my dad about his guns. He would take it out of the gun-cabinet, explain safety to me, and even let me hold it. Any time my sister and I wanted to look at one, he'd get one out for us to look at. But he also told us that if we ever wanted to, all we had to do was ask...and we should never try to get it by ourselves. We, as well as many rural families, don't have a problem with gun-accidents and/or gun-crime.....You're logic is flawed....

No your logic is flawed. The easier the access to guns, the more gun deaths. America has had one million gun deaths since 1960. The Japanese have had a few thousand. Why? Guns are restricted in Japan.

No, I didn't ever notice that.

I especially didn't notice that when a friend of my son, who lives in a village of 1,000 people, blew his brains out with his daddy's gun a couple years ago.

That young suicide was educated in firearms, too, incidently, what with him not being a city kid and all.

Yeah... because it is the GUN that was the problem.... :rolleyes:

Teens or anyone else who wants to commit suicide don't do it if there are no guns :rolleyes: I mean, there is NO other way, right :rolleyes:

Kinda weird? Why a semi automatic rifle? Most women wouldn't want it and a church! Wasn't there some point in religious history when peace and love were important values. I would suggest drugs next time, some coke to snort or may a pound of grass, something to get them closer to heaven and mellow their hardcore conservative soul.

Kinda weird? Why a semi automatic rifle? Most women wouldn't want it and a church! Wasn't there some point in religious history when peace and love were important values. I would suggest drugs next time, some coke to snort or may a pound of grass, something to get them closer to heaven and mellow their hardcore conservative soul.

What was it Obama said? The rednecks fall back on their religion and their guns.

They and the hip hoppers have a lot in common. They both love their guns. They both love their cars. And their music tells a story.

Forum List

Back