Church youth mentor accused of sexually molesting boys

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gun-loving church youth mentor accused of creating horrifying ‘sex attic’ to abuse young boys

A former church youth mentor is being accused of sexually abusing two young boys, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Julio Andres “Andy” Castillo, 34, of South Carolina, is being accused of multiple counts of sexually abusing the two boys while they were under the age of 16. Castillo has been jailed without bond since February 29. Castillo met the boys at church, Episcopal Church of Our Saviour and also York Place, a place where troubled children received counseling. York Place closed in November.

According to prosecutors, Castillo had a very close relationship with the boys’ family, which include keys to their home and free access to the children.

The abuse went to such an extent that Castillo built a secret room in his attic especially to molest the children. The room included a bed with rings for rope, so he could tie them up, according to the Observer. The room was accessible only with a ladder.

“Sometimes (Castillo) would tie up his (the older boy) arms and legs during sexual abuse,” prosecutor Erin Joyner said. She also described Castillo as a “gun lover” with a weapons cache, and told the paper he carried a pistol on him.

“They were children,” the boys’ father said in court. “They did not ask for this. They did not deserve this.”

Castillo’s wife is pregnant and about to give birth, the Observer reports, and begged for his release.

“I need him – I love him and I trust him,” she said.
court%201

ROCK HILL

A web developer and church volunteer - arrested two weeks ago on charges he molested two brothers several years ago who were his neighbors - built a secret sex chamber in his attic, prosecutors alleged in court Monday.

On at least one occasion, the Rock Hill man tied up one of the boys during sex acts that included oral sex on the night before the defendant was to be married, prosecutors said.

Read more here: Prosecutors: Rock Hill neighbor had secret sex attic where he molested brothers

======

This is just heartbreaking. He'll get a light sentence while his victims will serve "life".

If you want to know where to find child molesters are, go where the children are and where the adults are trusted by parents.

Gun-loving church youth mentor accused of creating horrifying ‘sex attic’ to abuse young boys

A former church youth mentor is being accused of sexually abusing two young boys, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Julio Andres “Andy” Castillo, 34, of South Carolina, is being accused of multiple counts of sexually abusing the two boys while they were under the age of 16. Castillo has been jailed without bond since February 29. Castillo met the boys at church, Episcopal Church of Our Saviour and also York Place, a place where troubled children received counseling. York Place closed in November.

According to prosecutors, Castillo had a very close relationship with the boys’ family, which include keys to their home and free access to the children.

The abuse went to such an extent that Castillo built a secret room in his attic especially to molest the children. The room included a bed with rings for rope, so he could tie them up, according to the Observer. The room was accessible only with a ladder.

“Sometimes (Castillo) would tie up his (the older boy) arms and legs during sexual abuse,” prosecutor Erin Joyner said. She also described Castillo as a “gun lover” with a weapons cache, and told the paper he carried a pistol on him.

“They were children,” the boys’ father said in court. “They did not ask for this. They did not deserve this.”

Castillo’s wife is pregnant and about to give birth, the Observer reports, and begged for his release.

court%201

ROCK HILL

A web developer and church volunteer - arrested two weeks ago on charges he molested two brothers several years ago who were his neighbors - built a secret sex chamber in his attic, prosecutors alleged in court Monday.

On at least one occasion, the Rock Hill man tied up one of the boys during sex acts that included oral sex on the night before the defendant was to be married, prosecutors said.

Read more here: Prosecutors: Rock Hill neighbor had secret sex attic where he molested brothers

======
This is just heartbreaking. He'll get a light sentence while his victims will serve "life".

If you want to know where to find child molesters are, go where the children are and where the adults are trusted by parents.

He sounds just like the muslim scum that invaded Sweden, and Germany...ONLY they do it every day!

and churches think they have the right to dictate morality to everyone, in or out of the church?

Luddly, the first words you used to describe this (alleged) pervert is the fact that he is "gun loving" even though guns weren't used to perpetrate this crime.

Do you think his punishment should be enhanced because he owns guns and "loves" guns?

Yea, one guy speaks for 2.2 billion Christians. You Liberals are funny. LOL How low can you people sink?

and churches think they have the right to dictate morality to everyone, in or out of the church?
You're right, aris2chat, as always.

America should abandon the Ten Commandments because of what happened at this church.

We can start by murdering every child we can while still in the womb. That will show those church people not to mess with our business!!!

America should abandon the Ten Commandments because of what happened at this church.

We can start by murdering every child we can while still in the womb. That will show those church people not to mess with our business!!!

People are not perfect.
The church preaches morality but have not found the key to reach it.
They don't have the right to preach to others who make mistakes. Your own book teaches to forgive and accept people from different groups, those who make mistakes, those who are shunned.
Even the pope has permitted those who get abortion to be absolved.
Not every church considers abortion, being gay, or different as wrong.

Unless you are "without sin" you don't get to throw stones at others.

You don't have a right to preach about what is right or wrong.

Your book, your god, your idea sin means nothing to those who believe there is not god or have their own faith.

If you don't want others forcing or controlling you and your choices, stay out of theirs

Left out of the story is a dead give away. He's a Democrat. How do I know? The story doesn't mention he's a republican. That tidbit is always mentioned unless the perp is a democrat.

Thanks, for the kudos to come.

court%201

ROCK HILL

======

Seeing as a few Muslims carry out attacks and ALL MUSLIMS are to blame, are the right going to blame ALL CHRISTIANS for sexual attacks? I doubt it.

Muddly, my dear
Could you do larger fonts next time? The bold is good but the letters are too small.

They do have that right. This one scumbag doesn't take away their right to free speech.

So by your theory, muslims have a right to dictate to you about their morality and beliefs. To tell you how to live and what to do.

How about satanists or wicca or hindu................................?

Preach in your church, not to those outside who have their own ideas and beliefs.

They do have that right. This one scumbag doesn't take away their right to free speech.

So by your theory, muslims have a right to dictate to you about their morality and beliefs. To tell you how to live and what to do.

How about satanists or wicca or hindu................................?

Preach in your church, not to those outside who have their own ideas and beliefs.

They have the right to say it and I have the right to agree, or disagree.

Luddly, the first words you used to describe this (alleged) pervert is the fact that he is "gun loving" even though guns weren't used to perpetrate this crime.

Do you think his punishment should be enhanced because he owns guns and "loves" guns?

Wrong.

I made no mention of guns. The only mention of guns was in the direct quote from the source.

Why can't people understand the difference between a direct quote and an editorial comment?

Muddly, my dear
Could you do larger fonts next time? The bold is good but the letters are too small.

I didn't choose it. And what's so annoying is that once the board's software chooses a font or bolding, its damn near impossible to turn it off.

Amazing to watch the Right defend the abuse of these boys.

They never condemn it.

I didn't choose it. And what's so annoying is that once the board's software chooses a font or bolding, its damn near impossible to turn it off.
If you highlight the text you can use the editing tools to adjust....I am quite sure of that....

This is precisely what you are doing right now.
And we have no objection to you doing so.
What do you mean "dictate?" You mean expressing our opinion openly is tantamount to dictating, or "forcing our religion down others' throats?"

This is absolute baloney. This is the complaining voices of the media or the unchurched public who do not want to hear anything that goes against what they want to do. So they call it dictating or forcing. Give me a break.

Last edited:

People are not perfect.
The church preaches morality but have not found the key to reach it.
They don't have the right to preach to others who make mistakes. Your own book teaches to forgive and accept people from different groups, those who make mistakes, those who are shunned.
Even the pope has permitted those who get abortion to be absolved.
Not every church considers abortion, being gay, or different as wrong.

Unless you are "without sin" you don't get to throw stones at others.

Your book, your god, your idea sin means nothing to those who believe there is not god or have their own faith.

If you don't want others forcing or controlling you and your choices, stay out of theirs
WTF? I've read post after post from folks on the Right telling us all what's right or wrong.

Forum List

Back