CIA documentary presents CIA's excuses, mistakes, and failures

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The documentary is pro-CIA, but the fact is there is no way to explain the CIA's failure to stop 9-11 and failed intelligence that led to the Iraq War, and the stupidity that led to the death of seven CIA officers.

Now the CIA's torture of prisoners is being blamed on George W. Bush and lawyers, because they didn't tell the CIA not to torture people.

These people are amazingly unwilling to accept the responsibility for their own actions.

One guy actually says "Shit happens!"

CIA's defense of waterboarding:

1) Our waterboarding isn't as bad as other countries' waterboarding, because we use less water.

2) Lawyers said it was okay, so it's okay.

3) Doctors were monitoring so that makes it okay.

4) We got information that led to the capture of Osama bin Laden, so that makes it okay.

As long as we call it "enhanced interrogation techniques" it's not torture.

The Democrats were mean to us by calling it torture.

As long as we call it "enhanced interrogation techniques" it's not torture.

The Democrats were mean to us by calling it torture.
The difference is that with enhanced interogation techniques there is no physical damage, only mental stress applied.

So what? I would would slice off their flesh like a delicatesan and keep them pumped on meth while I did so.

Fuck those bastards.

Then lets be honest with ourselves and call it what it is "torture."

The term "enhanced interrogation techniques" is a euphemism that is fooling nobody.

Then lets be honest with ourselves and call it what it is "torture."

The term "enhanced interrogation techniques" is a euphemism that is fooling nobody.

I disagree. It fools conservatives all the time.

I'm a conservative and it doesn't fool me.

If the government wants to torture terrorists, let's be honest and call it torture. That way we don't forget what it is, and how bad it is, and can only be justified if it is used to save innocent people from a terror attack.

"Enhanced interrogation techniques" is a euphemism, which sounds a lot like "reproductive rights" or "terminating a pregancy."

Just say what it is "torture" and "abortion." Otherwise, we are lying to ourselves.

I'm a conservative and it doesn't fool me.

If you were the only conservative, you might have a point. Alas, you're one among a small horde. And many of your ilk gobble up 'advanced interrogation techniques'. And reject it being torture.

Forum List

Back