Civil rights activist tortured and murdered by AIM; Went missing in 1973

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Whoa geeze. Lawyer for his family finally got the documents released. I knew it was crazy wild during the standoff.

But I have to say this news has rocked my perception of what happened at Wounded Knee.

Here's the story and the victim. Pity it has taken the family so long to be able to discover the truth about Robinson's fate. I hope they find his body and can finally find closure.

Civil rights activist who disappeared in 1973 was 'tortured and murdered by members of American Indian Movement he was trying to HELP,' newly released FBI documents claim

Hundreds of pages of reports shed new light on the 40-year-old case of Ray Robinson, an activist and follower of Martin Luther King Jr
Robinson traveled to South Dakota's Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in April 1973 to stand alongside Native Americans in their fight against social injustice
He never returned and his body was never found
The papers were handed over after Buffalo, New York, attorney Michael Kuzma sued the U.S. Justice Department in June
He is working to help Robinson's widow, Cheryl Buswell-Robinson, and their children get some closure

Black civil rights activist was 'tortured and murdered by militant members of the American Indian Movement' in the 1973 occupation of Wounded Knee, newly released FBI documents claim.

Hundreds of pages of reports provided to Buffalo, New York, attorney Michael Kuzma shed new light on the 40-year-old case of Ray Robinson, an activist and follower of Martin Luther King Jr.

The father of three from Bogue Chitto, Alabama, traveled to South Dakota's Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in April 1973 to stand alongside Native Americans in their fight against social injustice.

article-2563427-1BA68EC000000578-844_634x496.jpg

tragic: This 1971 photo provided by the Robinson family shows civil rights activist Ray Robinson with his two oldest children, Desiree, left, and J. Marc at the family's farm at Bogue Chitto, Alabama. FBI documents have confirmed he was killed two years later at Wounded Knee

Civil rights activist Ray Robinson 'murdered by American Indian Movement' FBI claim | Mail Online

Forum List

Back