Civilian killed in WesternWall by security guard

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Sad and somewhat strange incident, today, at WestenWall, Jerusalem

A Druze security guard shot 10 times at a 55 year old man who yelled "Allahu-Ackbar" at western wall, and looked suspicious and threatened passersby.

he was shot and critically wounded, declared dead at the hospital.

Apparently, the man was a Jew who suffered from mental-illness

Source:Rotter.net

------------------

:eek:

Last edited:
Guard shoots Jewish tourist in Jerusalem. JERUSALEM (AFP) -- An Israeli security guard shot dead a Jewish visitor at Jerusalem's Western Wall, the holiest site where Jews can pray, on Friday, apparently mistaking him for a Palestinian militant."There was a Jewish guy, an Israeli guy, who was in the bathroom area," police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told AFP."He for some reason shouted 'Allahu Akbar'," Rosenfeld said. "A security guard drew his weapon and fired several shots at the suspect... He died from his wounds a few moments ago."The shooting took place shortly before 8 a.m. as the plaza in front of the Wall filled with worshipers for morning prayers ahead of the start of the Jewish Sabbath at sundown.The site was closed to the public for at least an hour afterwards.Paramedic Zeevi Hessed told news website NRG that his team rushed to the scene as reports of a shooting came in."When we reached the place, we saw him lying at the Western Wall plaza," he said. "He had been shot in several parts of his body... Sadly there was nothing we could do but declare him dead."Rosenfeld said that an investigation had been opened into the shooting.Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld says a private security guard at the Western Wall "fired a number of shots" at a man who appeared suspicious. The guard told police the man, an Israeli, had his hands in his pockets and shouted in Arabic just before the guard opened fire, Rosenfeld said. The man, in his 40s, died at the scene. WPEC CBS Channel 12 News :: News - International News

Guard shoots Jewish tourist in Jerusalem. JERUSALEM (AFP) -- An Israeli security guard shot dead a Jewish visitor at Jerusalem's Western Wall, the holiest site where Jews can pray, on Friday, apparently mistaking him for a Palestinian militant."There was a Jewish guy, an Israeli guy, who was in the bathroom area," police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told AFP."He for some reason shouted 'Allahu Akbar'," Rosenfeld said. "A security guard drew his weapon and fired several shots at the suspect... He died from his wounds a few moments ago."The shooting took place shortly before 8 a.m. as the plaza in front of the Wall filled with worshipers for morning prayers ahead of the start of the Jewish Sabbath at sundown.The site was closed to the public for at least an hour afterwards.Paramedic Zeevi Hessed told news website NRG that his team rushed to the scene as reports of a shooting came in."When we reached the place, we saw him lying at the Western Wall plaza," he said. "He had been shot in several parts of his body... Sadly there was nothing we could do but declare him dead."Rosenfeld said that an investigation had been opened into the shooting.Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld says a private security guard at the Western Wall "fired a number of shots" at a man who appeared suspicious. The guard told police the man, an Israeli, had his hands in his pockets and shouted in Arabic just before the guard opened fire, Rosenfeld said. The man, in his 40s, died at the scene. WPEC CBS Channel 12 News :: News - International News

Muslim guard shoots to death unarmed Jewish man at western wall and justifies it by claiming he shouted allah akbar while having his hands in his pockets. I'm not buying this one. Sorry, guys!

46948060100077408563no.jpg

Off Topic, trolling and baiting posts deleted.

The Administration and the Moderation Team are serious in their efforts to have a civil discourse as it pertains to the OP and any further posts which violate Zone 2 rules will be viewed in a more serious manner where infractions will be administered on a case by case basis.

A Druze security guard shot 10 times at a 55 year old man who yelled "Allahu-Ackbar" at western wall, and looked suspicious and threatened passersby.

------------------

I'm not saying its justified, but you can clearly see that the guard was under the impression he's dealing with a potential suicide bomber / terrorist threat situation, and was just doing his job protecting people's lives.

Muslim guard shoots to death unarmed Jewish man at western wall and justifies it by claiming he shouted allah akbar while having his hands in his pockets. I'm not buying this one. Sorry, guys!

Get your facts right, this is an Israeli security guard killing an Israeli.

An Israeli Jew has been shot dead near Jerusalem's Western Wall after a guard mistook him for a Palestinian militant, police say.

Gunfire was heard on Friday morning at the wall - one of Judaism's holiest sites where hundreds of worshippers were attending prayers at the time.

Police say the guard shot the man after hearing him shout "Allahu Akbar".
BBC News - Israeli Jew killed by guard near Western Wall

the guard drew his weapon and fired a number of shots at the man after hearing him shout "Allahu Akbar" (God is great, in Arabic). :eek:

------------------

I'm not saying its justified, but you can clearly see that the guard was under the impression he's dealing with a potential suicide bomber / terrorist threat situation, and was just doing his job protecting people's lives.

I agree

He is a very loyal Druze who saw a potential terrorist and acted to annihilate the threat.

I'll take your word for it, Lipush, as you are over there. The only thing I know about the Druze is they follow Islamic teaching. I am wondering if they would be compared to the Sufi which is a mystical branch of Islam. I'll have to find out what the different beliefs are between Sufi and Druze. Interesting how many varying branches of Islam there are!!

In that regard it reminds me of the different religious sects of other religions. Interesting I have heard from others that the Druze sect of Islam make very good members of society in Israel. Just as you are pointing out about this Druze guard. - Jeri

Yes, the guard is one of the 20%+ of Arab Muslim and Christian Israeli citizens. For those who don't understand, 'Druze' is a sect of Islam.

I disagree with Jeri on this: the guard acted perhaps too strongly, but for all he knew the guy was going to detonate explosives taped to his body. : ((

Where does it say Muslim guard?

Where does it say Muslim guard?

Druze are a sect of Islam. The guard is a Druze citizen of Israel employed by the Israeli security forces, according to the post by Lipush - who is an Israeli and gave another news source for that info.

Yes, the guard is one of the 20%+ of Arab Muslim and Christian Israeli citizens. For those who don't understand, 'Druze' is a sect of Islam.

I disagree with Jeri on this: the guard acted perhaps too strongly, but for all he knew the guy was going to detonate explosives taped to his body. : ((

Well firing off 10 shots was excessive, yes. I saw Lipush believes the Druze Guard was acting in good faith and that coupled with the fact that the Druze Muslims are known to be docile by comparison of let's say Shia or Sunni - I believe she is probably right on this one. I can't imagine the Israelis would have allowed him the guard duty at the Kotel if they hadn't checked him out thoroughly.

- Jeri

I have my facts straight. You obviously didn't know Druze was a sect of Islam. Now you do. Keep your own facts straight, Sherri, and find out what you are speaking about first the next time.

- Jeri

Thank you. I'll not say what I'd like to say right now because Sherri is undoubtedly just waiting for me to do so.

On that note, I'll go pray for the Jewish mans family. Have a nice day, everyone. That does it for me today.

-Jeri

I'll take your word for it, Lipush, as you are over there. The only thing I know about the Druze is they follow Islamic teaching. I am wondering if they would be compared to the Sufi which is a mystical branch of Islam. I'll have to find out what the different beliefs are between Sufi and Druze. Interesting how many varying branches of Islam there are!!

In that regard it reminds me of the different religious sects of other religions. Interesting I have heard from others that the Druze sect of Islam make very good members of society in Israel. Just as you are pointing out about this Druze guard. - Jeri

Yes they are a sect of Islam, but they are very appriciative to their lifestyle.

And what is known to be the Druze's best quality, is that they are loyal to the state they are in.

There were many Druze soldiers fighting with Jewish soldiers in Israel's war with such loyalty and pride it could melt hearts.

Yes, but if it was the otherway around he would have been fired/arrested for "lack of alert" to protect civilians.:doubt:

Forum List

Back