Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire.

If judges had to report everything any friend or family member paid for they wouldn't have time to sit behind the bench.... you libs are way off on this one.... CNN must be rotting brain cells.....

"25 Part V. Gifts Report information on gifts aggregating more than $415 in value received by the filer, spouse and dependent child from any source other than a relative during the reporting period. Any gift with a fair market value of $166 or less need not be aggregated to determine if the $415 reporting threshold has been met. 5 U.S.C. § 13104(a)(2)(A)."

"A gift is a payment, advance, forbearance, rendering, or deposit of money, or anything of value, unless consideration of equal or greater value is received by the donor. 5 U.S.C. § 13101(5)."

"Food, lodging, or entertainment received as personal hospitality need not be reported. Personal hospitality means hospitality extended for a nonbusiness purpose by an individual, not a corporation or organization, at the personal residence of that individual or his or her family or on property or facilities owned by that individual or his or her family. 5 U.S.C. § 13101(14)."

Oh so now its the amount of the dinner???? Buuuaaahahahaha how do you know it wasn't a payment for something Thomas paid for... My brother paid for a football game for us once... the next year I paid.... you are dreaming on this one Gator....

Of course, it has always been about the dollar amount.

Hell, we had the same rules on Recruiting duty for the Marine Corps

How do you not know these things?

"25 Part V. Gifts Report information on gifts aggregating more than $415 in value received by the filer, spouse and dependent child from any source other than a relative during the reporting period. Any gift with a fair market value of $166 or less need not be aggregated to determine if the $415 reporting threshold has been met. 5 U.S.C. § 13104(a)(2)(A)."

"A gift is a payment, advance, forbearance, rendering, or deposit of money, or anything of value, unless consideration of equal or greater value is received by the donor. 5 U.S.C. § 13101(5)."

"Food, lodging, or entertainment received as personal hospitality need not be reported. Personal hospitality means hospitality extended for a nonbusiness purpose by an individual, not a corporation or organization, at the personal residence of that individual or his or her family or on property or facilities owned by that individual or his or her family. 5 U.S.C. § 13101(14)."
All any judge has to say is it was a repayment for something and that's the end of it.....

He wasn't taking a donation dummy and his rich friend had nothing pending in the courts..... Thomas and his wife went on a friends boat and flew in his friends plane.... you got nothing here.... again....

I never said he took donations. I said it appears he didn't report trips he was perhaps required to. We need to find out.

All any judge has to say is it was a repayment for something and that's the end of it.....

They would have to disclose what it was a repayment for.

Why would anyone be against such rules for the people with so much power over our lives?

I never said he took donations. I said it appears he didn't report trips he was perhaps required to. We need to find out.
He doesn't always have to report it... and I trust Thomas to know when he does... the world is laughing at this.... any way you people think you can weaponize a law to take out your political enemies you will do it... that practice is going to come back and bite you hard....

They would have to disclose what it was a repayment for.

Why would anyone be against such rules for the people with so much power over our lives?
Oh now it changes again.... LMFAO.... go for it clown... keep digging in a sand box....

He doesn't always have to report it... and I trust Thomas to know when he does... the world is laughing at this.... any way you people think you can weaponize a law to take out your political enemies you will do it... that practice is going to come back and bite you hard....

This isn't the first time Thomas has confused what he was supposed to do concerning his finances.

Bite me hard? How? If people retaliate and go after others and they are as guilty, I hope they get nailed also. I hope that is what all of this leads to. It might be the only way we can address all of this.

So I wonder what the libtard justices have been up to? Dems better watch where they tread.....There be landmines. ;)
It's a cult I tell you. This guy said nothing about Clarence Thomas in his comments. He blamed liberal judges for some strange reason.

This isn't the first time Thomas has confused what he was supposed to do concerning his finances.

Bite me hard? How? If people retaliate and go after others and they are as guilty, I hope they get nailed also. I hope that is what all of this leads to. It might be the only way we can address all of this.
Keep digging in this sand box... all you will find is frustration and maybe a cat turd or two....

JUST AN OPINION, did not like him at his confirmation hearing, do not like him or his wife Now.
SO what! opinions are not facts. join the real world. there is always two sides to every story.

Oh now it changes again.... LMFAO.... go for it clown... keep digging in a sand box....

Nothing has changed, you are still an ignorant moron.

Find a 5th grader and have them explain the link I gave you, it is clearly way above you reading level.

He doesn't always have to report it... and I trust Thomas to know when he does...

Yet in the past he did not know and even said he was ignorant of the law and then went back and changed his financial disclosures.

Why do you assume this time is different?

I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Luxury Trips From Major GOP Donor

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.
do you have a reliable source for this??

I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Luxury Trips From Major GOP Donor

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.
how is a question fake news??

Forum List

Back