Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire.

And the ruling or decision was horrible.

Expanding the ruling makes NO sense to me but that does not happen without the horrible law to start with. The law had to be overturned. Did they have to expand on that? No. Maybe it's a good lesson to not pass unconstitutional laws?

So you can’t back up your erroneous claim, you should said you were lying in the first place.

How the GOP Became the Party of the Rich​

The inside story of how the Republicans abandoned the poor and the middle class to pursue their relentless agenda of tax cuts for the wealthiest one percent

Want to see who Republicans care about? Check their anti-poor budget.​

We asked every Republican in the sample to do their best to imagine that they were a Democrat and sincerely believed that the Democratic Party was best for the country. We asked them to explain their support for the Democratic Party as an actual Democratic voter might. For example, a 64-year-old strong Republican man from Illinois surmised that “Democrats want to help the poor, save Social Security, and tax the rich.”

But most had trouble looking at the world through Democratic eyes. Typical was a a 59-year-old Floridian who wrote “I don’t want to work and I want cradle to grave assistance. In other words, Mommy!” Indeed, roughly one in six Republican voters answered in the persona of a Democratic voter who is motivated “free college,” “free health care,” “free welfare,” and so on. They see Democrats as voting in order to get “free stuff” “without having to work for it” was extremely common – roughly one in six Republican voters used the word “free” in the their answers, whereas no real Democratic voters in our sample answered this way.

Among the Republicans who seemed to try hardest to take the perspective of sincere and patriotic Democratic voters, the most common attributions were related to immigration – a topic made salient by President Trump in his campaign stops during the last month of the election. As in this Republican woman from Washington who said, “Democrats welcome all people into the country whether they are here legally or not.”

You've been brainwashed by the right.

Now what we think about you guys is true.

Democrats inferred that Republicans must be “VERY ill-informed,” or that “Fox news told me to vote for Republicans.” Or that Republicans are “uneducated and misguided people guided by what the media is feeding them.”

Many also attributed votes to individual self-interest – whereas GOP voters feel Democrats want “free stuff,” many Democrats believe Republicans think that “I got mine and don’t want the libs to take it away,” or that “some day I will be rich and then I can get the benefits that rich people get now.”

Many used the question to express their anger and outrage at the other side. Rather than really try to take the position of their opponents, they said things like, “I like a dictatorial system of Government, I’m a racist, I hate non-whites.”

Right, you can only address me as opposed to the actual subject because you have no legitimate argument.

It's quite Trumpian.
Address the topic, not your imaginings, pussy.

Copy_of_FTVAJLVRAA_(1).png

How the GOP Became the Party of the Rich​

The inside story of how the Republicans abandoned the poor and the middle class to pursue their relentless agenda of tax cuts for the wealthiest one percent

Want to see who Republicans care about? Check their anti-poor budget.​

We asked every Republican in the sample to do their best to imagine that they were a Democrat and sincerely believed that the Democratic Party was best for the country. We asked them to explain their support for the Democratic Party as an actual Democratic voter might. For example, a 64-year-old strong Republican man from Illinois surmised that “Democrats want to help the poor, save Social Security, and tax the rich.”

But most had trouble looking at the world through Democratic eyes. Typical was a a 59-year-old Floridian who wrote “I don’t want to work and I want cradle to grave assistance. In other words, Mommy!” Indeed, roughly one in six Republican voters answered in the persona of a Democratic voter who is motivated “free college,” “free health care,” “free welfare,” and so on. They see Democrats as voting in order to get “free stuff” “without having to work for it” was extremely common – roughly one in six Republican voters used the word “free” in the their answers, whereas no real Democratic voters in our sample answered this way.

Among the Republicans who seemed to try hardest to take the perspective of sincere and patriotic Democratic voters, the most common attributions were related to immigration – a topic made salient by President Trump in his campaign stops during the last month of the election. As in this Republican woman from Washington who said, “Democrats welcome all people into the country whether they are here legally or not.”

You've been brainwashed by the right.

Now what we think about you guys is true.

Democrats inferred that Republicans must be “VERY ill-informed,” or that “Fox news told me to vote for Republicans.” Or that Republicans are “uneducated and misguided people guided by what the media is feeding them.”

Many also attributed votes to individual self-interest – whereas GOP voters feel Democrats want “free stuff,” many Democrats believe Republicans think that “I got mine and don’t want the libs to take it away,” or that “some day I will be rich and then I can get the benefits that rich people get now.”

Many used the question to express their anger and outrage at the other side. Rather than really try to take the position of their opponents, they said things like, “I like a dictatorial system of Government, I’m a racist, I hate non-whites.”

McCain offered to just take the public funded route. Obama rejected that for the corporate money.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrat Barack Obama said on Thursday he would reject public financing of his campaign against Republican John McCain, reversing an earlier stance and positioning himself to outspend McCain in the White House race.

Obama rejects public financing against McCain

McCain offered to just take the public funded route. Obama rejected that for the corporate money.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrat Barack Obama said on Thursday he would reject public financing of his campaign against Republican John McCain, reversing an earlier stance and positioning himself to outspend McCain in the White House race.

Obama rejects public financing against McCain
Probably was the wise move. He won you know.

Remember Obama took out a half hour time on all 3 network stations? He made sure he won.

Compare that to Hillary who didn't go campaign once in swing states she thought she had in the bag.

Define your use of "corporation" -- squirrelly.

It's not going to be my place to define that. It's just you trying to deflect again. Do I want Goldman Sachs ponying up a ton of money? No.

Do I want the people restricted in any way? No.

Probably was the wise move. He won you know.

Remember Obama took out a half hour time on all 3 network stations? He made sure he won.

Compare that to Hillary who didn't go campaign once in swing states she thought she had in the bag.

So you support corporate money and politicians taking it.

You use a word repeatedly in arguments but can't supply what you mean by it exactly? Who's deflecting?

We do not have to have a legal definition of "corporations" to discuss what happened. My complaint has never been about restricting corporations but yet that's all you have.

So you support corporate money and politicians taking it.

If Republicans can do it, Democrats better do it or they'll lose.

I'd love campaign finance reform and to take money out of politics.

We need to start electing normal middle class people to House of Rep seats. The Congress will protect the rich but why can't we have the House?

We do not have to have a legal definition of "corporations" to discuss what happened. My complaint has never been about restricting corporations but yet that's all you have.
Your definition remains all that was requested, no matter how many times you keep attempting to deflect from it.

I supplied mine way back. Easy peasy lemon squeesy.

Your definition remains all that was requested, no matter how many times you keep attempting to deflect from it.
Even Republicans can't defend Citizens United. It's causing their heads to explode. On one hand they love to protect big corporations but they can't admit that they like big money interfering with our politics. Even though they do approve because they know it benefits them.

But look at how bent out of shape they get when it's a rich guy giving to Democrats. George Soros. Mention his name and Republicans, including Trump, lose their shit

One of the strangest twists in American constitutional law was the moment that corporations gained personhood under the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. It occurred in a case called Santa Clara County, and what was odd was that the Supreme Court did not really even decide the matter in the actual opinion. It only appeared in a footnote to the case.

If Republicans can do it, Democrats better do it or they'll lose.

I'd love campaign finance reform and to take money out of politics.

We need to start electing normal middle class people to House of Rep seats. The Congress will protect the rich but why can't we have the House?

I don't disagree with most of that. (I believe you do the right thing regardless of others not doing the right thing but again, it was McCain that didn't want to take the corporate money).

But then, taking money out of politics can not restrict outside groups from having a say. I reject a position that allows only the parties to have a say.

Even Republicans can't defend Citizens United. It's causing their heads to explode. On one hand they love to protect big corporations but they can't admit that they like big money interfering with our politics. Even though they do approve because they know it benefits them.

But look at how bent out of shape they get when it's a rich guy giving to Democrats. George Soros. Mention his name and Republicans, including Trump, lose their shit

Without the unconstitutional law the ruling never happens. Oddly those who condemn the ruling can't seem to condemn the unconstitutional law that started it all.

Forum List

Back