Clay Thompson going to the Mavericks. Does that put them back in the Finals?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Thompson has at least one good year left in him and playing with Doncic will get him way more good looks from 3. With old guys like Clay it's always about injuries. Bradley Beal was going to make it a "Big Three" in Phoenix but he was always hurt. But if Clay stays healthy, that could get Dallas back to the Finals and possibly win it.

Thompson has at least one good year left in him and playing with Doncic will get him way more good looks from 3. With old guys like Clay it's always about injuries. Bradley Beal was going to make it a "Big Three" in Phoenix but he was always hurt. But if Clay stays healthy, that could get Dallas back to the Finals and possibly win it.
No. But what if he goes to the Lakers?

Did you watch the Play In game with the Kings?
Klay did zip. Good luck Dallas if they can get 15 mpg out of him, which I doubt.

He won't make much difference, if he manages to stay healthy all season. They need someone who is not already (mostly) washed up.
Maybe, but he's always been a good catch and shoot 3 point shooter. CP3 is washed up but Thompson is 34, I dunno he could be an X factor for them. Or as you say he could be a bust.

Maybe, but he's always been a good catch and shoot 3 point shooter. CP3 is washed up but Thompson is 34, I dunno he could be an X factor for them. Or as you say he could be a bust.
He is a total catch and shoot kind of player. That makes Luka, Kyrie and Klay all together as maybe the best team in the league of catch and shoot players, but these teams are usually boom or bust. One thing to remember is how new this team was, a couple starters came over at the trade deadline. They should be better next year but OKC is already better with Hartenstein coming over from the Knicks. CP3 does make players around him better and is a leader.

He is a total catch and shoot kind of player. That makes Luka, Kyrie and Klay all together as maybe the best team in the league of catch and shoot players, but these teams are usually boom or bust. One thing to remember is how new this team was, a couple starters came over at the trade deadline. They should be better next year but OKC is already better with Hartenstein coming over from the Knicks. CP3 does make players around him better and is a leader.
Klay once had an individual 3 point game record. Long ago. Dallas thinks Klay will be the 3-point outside shooter for Doncic.

I don’t think Klay is as good as he once was. He’s going to shoot the ball fairly well, but he’s a defensive liability at this point of his career. I do like him and wish him nothing but the best.

When he was on he was up with Steph on accuracy, but he is boom or bust and has lately been bust. He should benefit from a change of scenery I think.
$20 million the Mavs will pay is nothing nothing but a guess with him. Thats how the game is played. I like the Sixers getting PG being more realistic. He'll be playing with Embiid and Maxey. PG/Sixers will sign for 4 years @ $212 Million for a player that has an easy five years in him.

I don’t think Klay is as good as he once was. He’s going to shoot the ball fairly well, but he’s a defensive liability at this point of his career. I do like him and wish him nothing but the best.
He's definitely way past his splash brothers days. But Dallas just paid a lot of money in the hopes he can catch and shoot a whole bunch of 3 pointers next year.

Forum List

Back