Logical next step?

First, I'm not advocating for any harm to come to trump, or any of his supporters, but in the light of the recent Supreme court ruling, serious uncomfortable questions present themselves. A reasonable person might believe trumps threats to seek revenge on his opponents, as well as his offer to trade environmental protections for a billion dollars present a threat to the constitution and the wellbeing of the country. Having sworn to protect and defend the constitution, and in light of the new presidential authority, it is Biden's duty to prevent any chance of trump winning the upcoming preside

ntial election in any way his newfound authority allows. Should Biden, exercise his newfound authority by imprisoning trump in Guantanamo, or some other way? If congress opposes such actions, they can always impeach him if they can get enough of our representatives to find him guilty.
Biden must save us from the orangeman. Thats not going to b easy, he can't even save his briefs from the brownman

Should Biden, exercise his newfound authority by imprisoning trump in Guantanamo, or some other way?
NO. I hope he does not. He can't sink to MAGA's level. If he does, then we're probably done. We're on the precipice as it is. That's when the Trumps and Bannons and Flynns win.

The Supreme Court's version of the Enabling Act of 1933 was blatant enough. The rest of the country can't be a part of this.

NO. I hope he does not. He can't sink to MAGA's level. If he does, then we're probably done. We're on the precipice as it is.

The Supreme Court's version of the Enabling Act of 1933 was blatant enough. The rest of the country can't be a part of this.
Mac do you believe Trump will have any qualms about testing the limits of this immunity?

I'm not an alarmist by nature nor do I think it's a good idea to try to use whataboutisms to justify your own behavior. But the full implications of this ruling in the hands of an aspiring autocrat are so dire and immediate that I have a hard time NOT just wanting to throw out the rulebook. When it comes down to it I rather have an autocrat who has a moral compass then one without it.

Can you find any fault in my logic?

First, I'm not advocating for any harm to come to trump, or any of his supporters, but in the light of the recent Supreme court ruling, serious uncomfortable questions present themselves. A reasonable person might believe trumps threats to seek revenge on his opponents, as well as his offer to trade environmental protections for a billion dollars present a threat to the constitution and the wellbeing of the country. Having sworn to protect and defend the constitution, and in light of the new presidential authority, it is Biden's duty to prevent any chance of trump winning the upcoming presidential election in any way his newfound authority allows. Should Biden, exercise his newfound authority by imprisoning trump in Guantanamo, or some other way? If congress opposes such actions, they can always impeach him if they can get enough of our representatives to find him guilty.
First off, it was in the constitution the decision by the SCOTUS was based on. If Trump is a threat to your constitution, could you run through it on how?

Secondly, it's not revenge. As the world observed, Dems on the Left were ignored by your justice system, if Trump wins, he'll just make sure he'll undertake your wishes that no one is above the law. So anyone who took classified documents, be it Obama, Biden etc.., get them to a kangaroo court to find them guilty. Then you will be chuffed no one is above the law.

Mac do you believe Trump will have any qualms about testing the limits of this immunity?

I'm not an alarmist by nature nor do I think it's a good idea to try to use whataboutisms to justify your own behavior. But the full implications of this ruling in the hands of an aspiring autocrat are so dire and immediate that I have a hard time NOT just wanting to throw out the rulebook. When it comes down to it I rather have an autocrat who has a moral compass then one without it.

Can you find any fault in my logic?
No. He and they are going to push this absolutely as far as they can. The rank & file think that this is The Battle of Good Vs. Evil. Literally. Really. They will do and accept anything for their Holy War.

The enablers, those in Congress and MAGA media, are simply leveraging this for their own gain. The enablers are the biggest villains, to me.

As I always say, the world has seen this before. It's just amazing that it's happening HERE, of all places.

First, I'm not advocating for any harm to come to trump, or any of his supporters, but in the light of the recent Supreme court ruling, serious uncomfortable questions present themselves. A reasonable person might believe trumps threats to seek revenge on his opponents, as well as his offer to trade environmental protections for a billion dollars present a threat to the constitution and the wellbeing of the country. Having sworn to protect and defend the constitution, and in light of the new presidential authority, it is Biden's duty to prevent any chance of trump winning the upcoming presidential election in any way his newfound authority allows. Should Biden, exercise his newfound authority by imprisoning trump in Guantanamo, or some other way? If congress opposes such actions, they can always impeach him if they can get enough of our representatives to find him guilty.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/07/01/trump-immunity-scotus-decision-full-text-pdf/
OK who didn't get their way this time?

Should Biden, exercise his newfound authority by imprisoning trump in Guantanamo, or some other way?

You have become quite hysterical

But at least the lib mask of civility is off

First off, it was in the constitution the decision by the SCOTUS was based on. If Trump is a threat to your constitution, could you run through it on how?

Secondly, it's not revenge. As the world observed, Dems on the Left were ignored by your justice system, if Trump wins, he'll just make sure he'll undertake your wishes that no one is above the law. So anyone who took classified documents, be it Obama, Biden etc.., get them to a kangaroo court to find them guilty. Then you will be chuffed no one is above the law.
Not that difficult.

He's charged and publicly available evidence shows he didn't want to follow the Constitutionally determined transfer of power from one administration to the next following an election loss that was certified in the constitutionally described manner.

It can't be much more threatening to the Constitution in my book.

You have become quite hysterical

But at least the lib mask of civility is off
I think you will find this reaction quite universal.

If you think abortion was an albatross around Republicans necks. Try to argue that a President should be above the law.

I'm sure MAGA's are estatic. Doubt this plays well with independents.

Not that difficult.

He's charged and publicly available evidence shows he didn't want to follow the Constitutionally determined transfer of power from one administration to the next following an election loss that was certified in the constitutionally described manner.

That made no sense. Any president can decide not to follow a bit of the constitution, so after office they get charged etc.. per the constitution. Where does classified documents sit with the constitution?

So how is Trump a threat to the constitution?

That made no sense. Any president can decide not to follow a bit of the constitution, so after office they get charged etc.. per the constitution. Where does classified documents sit with the constitution?

So how is Trump a threat to the constitution?
Lol, if SCOTUS decides he can't get charged this becomes difficult.

This isn't some academic exercise. Roberts SPECIFICALLY said that not only is a president allowed TO ORDER the DOJ to lie on his behalf. Any evidence to that effect is INADMISSIBLE.

Again that's INCREDIBLY threatening.

Not that difficult.

In January of 2017 when Trump was sworn in, he saw those who were against him. From election night in 2016 it was obvious. And it was uncomfortable. Progs did this.

SCOTUS has not given Biden nor any future president any "new found authority." They are merely confirming qualified immunity for the Executive, just like other legal entities have, law enforcement, etc. This is not a "get out of jail free" card to commit whatever illegal and criminal acts they want. Those acts are still illegal and criminal and not within the authority of the Executive.

The pearl clutching from you partisan clowns was more than predictable. In fact, if the ruling had gone the other way it would be MAGA wetting themselves claiming it's a conspiracy against Trump, somebody got to the judges, etc.

You all need to grow up.

You are mistaken.

If it is done as an official act, the POTUS is immune from any legal actions unless they are convicted in an impeachment trial in the Senate.

Lets take Obama killing two American citizens with a drone strike for an example. The killing of an American citizen without due process is normally a criminal act. But since it was done as an official act by the POTUS Obama is immune from any harm to him due to the action.

The fly in the soup of course is what constitutes an "official action". The ultimate power to decide this resides with the very same people that think every official action of a POTUS are above the law.

No. He and they are going to push this absolutely as far as they can. The rank & file think that this is The Battle of Good Vs. Evil. Literally. Really. They will do and accept anything for their Holy War.

The enablers, those in Congress and MAGA media, are simply leveraging this for their own gain. The enablers are the biggest villains, to me.

As I always say, the world has seen this before. It's just amazing that it's happening HERE, of all places.
I was afraid of that. So when is the threat immediate enough to throw out the rulebook?

In January of 2017 when Trump was sworn in, he saw those who were against him. From election night in 2016 it was obvious. And it was uncomfortable. Progs did this.
So "the opposition was mean to me", so.I have a right to break the law. Is that your position?

I think you will find this reaction quite universal.

If you think abortion was an albatross around Republicans necks. Try to argue that a President should be above the law.

I'm sure MAGA's are estatic. Doubt this plays well with independents.
Do I sound estatic?

The letter of the law means nothing when a corrupt DOJ serves the political interests of only one party

I hope the obama/biden junta is removed from power so that we the people can balance the scales of justice before its too late

Lol, if SCOTUS decides he can't get charged this becomes difficult.

This isn't some academic exercise. Roberts SPECIFICALLY said that not only is a president allowed TO ORDER the DOJ to lie on his behalf. Any evidence to that effect is INADMISSIBLE.

Again that's INCREDIBLY threatening.
But their decision will be based on the constitution and laws. If you don't accept the SCOTUS, then you're a threat to democracy and the constitution. You just seem to want your cake and eat it, doesn't work like that.

Where does classified documents sit with the constitution?

This is not a "get out of jail free" card to commit whatever illegal and criminal acts they want. Those acts are still illegal and criminal and not within the authority of the Executive.
A Harvard law professor takes exception to your analysis. Whom to believe?

Tricky.

So "the opposition was mean to me", so.I have a right to break the law. Is that your position?
This was not mean. These were people in 2016 who were promoting to not support the transition of power. And you accuse Trump of the same. The Progs knew they cheat. They did not cheat enough. They made sure in 2020 they did.

Forum List

Back