Climate "Science" 101: Excess Heat

More fine reading for those who need to discuss this :

While scientists are cautious, deniers throw caution to the wind

While the scientists themselves are suitably cautious (as seen in the paper's title), Anthony Watts is not. He seems keen to tempt NOAA into suing him for defamation. This time Anthony doesn't accuse the NOAA of fraud, he accuses it of lying, writing it is "the most mendacious attempt yet":
Tune in here tomorrow at 2PM EDT (11AM PDT) and you’ll see why this is the most mendacious attempt yet to save their climate science from the terrible ravages of an uncooperative planet.
Anthony, who can't get his head around anomalies from a baseline, claims that "WUWT has already found the fatal weakness in the paper". Notice that he stops short of claiming that it was he, Anthony, who found a fatal weakness. He probably didn't understand the paper, if he managed to read it. From the comments Anthony passed the buck to Perennially Puzzled Bob Tisdale. So you can expect a tedious, verbose, and dense article with lots of irrelevant charts of sea surface temperature in various oceans, mixed up with El Niño, sunlight-fueled water, complaints that climate models aren't weather forecasts, and greenhouse effect denial.

I'll be writing a separate article (probably two) on the "frenzy of denial" about the paper. This one is about the paper itself.

HotWhopper NOAA No pause in the global surface temperature
It has already been proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the government was lying. Wikileaks fucked them in the ass.

If you cannot accept that fact then you are nothing but a brainwashed SADFI.

So fuck off Chicken Little. Global Warming doomsday cultists are weak-minded, unintelligent nitwits who do not have the capability to think logically.

More fine reading for those who need to discuss this :

While scientists are cautious, deniers throw caution to the wind

While the scientists themselves are suitably cautious (as seen in the paper's title), Anthony Watts is not. He seems keen to tempt NOAA into suing him for defamation. This time Anthony doesn't accuse the NOAA of fraud, he accuses it of lying, writing it is "the most mendacious attempt yet":
Tune in here tomorrow at 2PM EDT (11AM PDT) and you’ll see why this is the most mendacious attempt yet to save their climate science from the terrible ravages of an uncooperative planet.
Anthony, who can't get his head around anomalies from a baseline, claims that "WUWT has already found the fatal weakness in the paper". Notice that he stops short of claiming that it was he, Anthony, who found a fatal weakness. He probably didn't understand the paper, if he managed to read it. From the comments Anthony passed the buck to Perennially Puzzled Bob Tisdale. So you can expect a tedious, verbose, and dense article with lots of irrelevant charts of sea surface temperature in various oceans, mixed up with El Niño, sunlight-fueled water, complaints that climate models aren't weather forecasts, and greenhouse effect denial.

I'll be writing a separate article (probably two) on the "frenzy of denial" about the paper. This one is about the paper itself.

HotWhopper NOAA No pause in the global surface temperature
It has already been proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the government was lying. Wikileaks fucked them in the ass.

If you cannot accept that fact then you are nothing but a brainwashed SADFI.

So fuck off Chicken Little. Global Warming doomsday cultists are weak-minded, unintelligent nitwits who do not have the capability to think logically.

Dude, you are really getting fucking annoying.

Your COMPREHENSION SKILLS SUCK STUPID.

THIS IS SOURCE MATERIAL TO HELP DEBUNK THE FUCKING MORONS ARGUING WITH ME AND FRANK

Even if you could get anyone to swallow this load of Bull Shit, how you reckon you gonna cool an ocean off??

What else you gonna do and what did you say we had to do with this??

Are we saying now the atmosphere is letting more heat in, that would clash with verifiable data that has not been skewed, now what??

Frank, has the world gotten warmer over the last 150 years?

Short answer, probably no and certainly not to a statistically significant degree. I based this on the observation that an additional 120PPM of CO2 has no discernible effect on temperature in a lab setting

Short answer, probably no and certainly not to a statistically significant degree. I based this on the observation that an additional 120PPM of CO2 has no discernible effect on temperature in a lab setting

Based on your knowledge of statistics, how much would it have to have changed to be statistically significant?

Based on your knowledge of statistics, how much would it have to have changed to be statistically significant?

What happened to that teaching moment you promised me?

5% variation, but then you'd have to agree that we did not measure accurately out in decimal places 150 years ago. Say the average 150 years ago was 50 degrees, I know, it's stupid and not meaningful to talk about an average temperature on a planet, but this is your bizzaroland world, so a 5% variation would be 2.5 degrees and we're not there yet

Even if you could get anyone to swallow this load of Bull Shit, how you reckon you gonna cool an ocean off??

What else you gonna do and what did you say we had to do with this??

Are we saying now the atmosphere is letting more heat in, that would clash with verifiable data that has not been skewed, now what??

Not to worry, Cricks gonna shuck and jive

Where's your promise?

Where's your promise?

Where's your explanation?

Where's your promise?

Crick's Theme

I have to laugh reading the dialogue on this thread. When I was a kid, there used to be a saying, "Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on?".....said to those social invalids who would go off babbling about irrelevant stuff. The AGW climate crusaders fall all over themselves writing pseudo-thesis works about heat trying to make a point...........

Nobody cares........everywhere you look, this whole climate debate has become a comedy show in 2015. The AGW k00ks in here have posted up billions of posts in this forum and NOTHING has changed about how the science has affected how we generate energy. Its like a midget standing at home plate in Yankee Stadium for years and years swinging and trying to hit the ball over the fence but only reaching the pitchers mound!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

[URL='http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Gaedel.jpg.html'][/URL]

He must have been the abominable snow thing, global warming made him melt into a puddle, which has now run into the ocean offsetting the warming they speak of.

Hey Crick and the other moron, those oceans have been around since the dawn of time and the sun just as long.

I have to believe if this warming is occurring it is intended by the creater and not subject to mans influences.

I still haven't gotten a response to my last question.

What does man think he can do about this and how does he plan to accomplish this.

I mean what kind of fucking idiot states we need to cool an ocean,

Where is that bag of ice coming from and how many of em you reckon we gonna need to cool this hot bitch off.

So what are the detrimental effects from this warming??

yes and it has gotten cooler. And again, you can't produce one iota of evidence that says how warm 10 PPM of CO2 is. Can you? you can't even give a definition in your own words what is 'excess heat'. In fact, you never provide any body of work that suggest it agrees with anything you post as a warmist. Nothing.

In case you didn't see that word it is N O T H I N G.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back