🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Clinton Endorse Gun Confiscation?

What's a mandatory buy-back? As in "you must give up your guns, we will refund you the money you paid"? Not so different in terms of the right to have guns being violated. This might help Trump win easier.

It'll be just like the "Cash for Clunkers" program that they claimed was so successful. The guys will sell the tazpayers old broken and worn out guns that they no longer wanted to keep anyways. Of course Ms. Clinton will go on the View and proudly detail how many guns she removed from the street with taxpayer money. Nothing to see here. Same old same old by the Clinton Crime Family.

It'll be just like the "Cash for Clunkers" program that they claimed was so successful. The guys will sell the tazpayers old broken and worn out guns that they no longer wanted to keep anyways. Of course Ms. Clinton will go on the View and proudly detail how many guns she removed from the street with taxpayer money. Nothing to see here. Same old same old by the Clinton Crime Family.

No, it wont be since Cash for Clunkers was not MANDATORY.

No, it wont be since Cash for Clunkers was not MANDATORY.

Well, even with executive order she'll have a real tough time making that stick. She's got a Republican Congress and most probably a Supreme Court that will surely know that down.

On guns

Clinton most forcefully criticized Sanders during the debate earlier this week over his positions on gun control -- the one major departure from what has been an overwhelmingly progressive record.

On several occasions, Sanders voted against the Brady bill, which was aimed at imposing tighter gun laws, and has since tacked to the left on guns -- explaining that his views were tied to the fact that he represents a rural state where support for guns is higher.

But Clinton herself...said in 2008 that guns are a part of American culture and sent out a mailer criticizing Obama for pushing tougher gun laws.

She said on Friday her comments reflected her years in Arkansas when her husband was governor and has "a lot of experience with and respect for people who own guns, collect guns, use them for hunting, use them for target shooting" and that she respects the Second Amendment.

"But I believe we have gone way too far in being intimidated by the (National Rifle Association), and I have said repeatedly that the majority of Americans and the majority of gun owners support universal background checks," she said. "And for the NRA to take these absolute positions on behalf of the most extreme of their members, and carrying water for the manufacturers and dealers, is just wrong."

Hillary Clinton dismisses Benghazi 'conspiracy theories' - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:
"I think it would be worth considering doing it on the national level if that could be arranged," she said in response to a question about Australia's nationwide buyback initiative that began in 1996.

That was enough to agitate the NRA, a powerful force in Washington that has successively suffocated recent attempts to limit gun ownership or manufacturing.

RELATED: Clinton pledges to close the gun show loophole

"This validates what the NRA has said all along. The real goal of gun control supporters is gun confiscation," Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, said in a statement Friday. "Hillary Clinton's extreme views are completely out of touch with the American people."

NRA slams Hillary Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

Australia: A society that brought in tight gun controls - CNN.com

^ what was the actual question and where did she use the word mandatory..?

... That was enough to agitate the NRA, a powerful force in Washington that has successively suffocated recent attempts to limit gun ownership or manufacturing.

The NRA are Americans, joining together to beat back the fruits and nuts advocating Foreign Ideas Hostile to American Principle.

It was like the second and third paragraphs, dear.

"Clinton made the comments during a campaign stop in Keene, N.H., when an attendee asked about Australia’s 1996 and 2003 buy-back programs that collected roughly 700,000 banned semi-automatic rifles and other firearms.

“I think it would be worth considering doing it on the national level, if that could be arranged,” Clinton responded."

Australia's 1996 gun by back was mandatory and she said she would consider it.

"But I believe we have gone way too far in being intimidated by the (National Rifle Association), and I have said repeatedly that the majority of Americans and the majority of gun owners support universal background checks," she said. "And for the NRA to take these absolute positions on behalf of the most extreme of their members, and carrying water for the manufacturers and dealers, is just wrong."

Universal background checks means that if I as a private person want to give my son a gun, and I dont do a background check on him first, then I could be held criminally liable.

The only Americans that support such universal background checks are gun grabbing PC Nazis and idiots who are not thinking the thing through.

Universal background checks are an unacceptable INFRINGEMENT on a constitutional RIGHT.

Wrong.

The buy back program in Australia was voluntary, it was done in conjunction with the enactment of new firearm laws where Australians were allowed to dispose of guns not in compliance with those new laws:

‘In addition to requiring law changes to implement the above resolutions, the agreement provided for the establishment of a twelve-month national amnesty and compensation program, to be accompanied by a public education campaign, after which the jurisdictions would apply “severe penalties” for breaches of the firearms control laws.[39] This resolution was implemented through a national firearms buyback program, which saw the federal Parliament enacting the National Firearms Program Implementation Act 1996 (Cth).[40] The Medicare Levy Amendment Act 1996 (Cth) was also enacted in relation to providing funding for the compensation to be paid to gun owners who handed in weapons that fell within the prohibited categories.[41]’

Firearms-Control Legislation and Policy: Australia

In order for such a program to be implemented in the United States, any measure seeking to prohibit a specific firearm would first need to pass Constitutional muster – it would not function as a ‘stand-alone’ program.

It was like the second and third paragraphs, dear.

"Clinton made the comments during a campaign stop in Keene, N.H., when an attendee asked about Australia’s 1996 and 2003 buy-back programs that collected roughly 700,000 banned semi-automatic rifles and other firearms.

“I think it would be worth considering doing it on the national level, if that could be arranged,” Clinton responded."

Australia's 1996 gun by back was mandatory and she said she would consider it.
Wrong again.

The program was not used to 'confiscate' firearms, but to allow for the disposal of prohibited firearms.

You and others on the right are contriving and propagating the lie that Clinton seeks to 'confiscate' firearms.

Wrong again.
The program was not used to 'confiscate' firearms, but to allow for the disposal of prohibited firearms.
You and others on the right are contriving and propagating the lie that Clinton seeks to 'confiscate' firearms.

Dude, I am getting tired of having to correct your stupid bullshit lies.

"Prime Minister John Howard immediately took the gun law proposals developed from the report of the 1988 National Committee on Violence[21] and forced the states to adopt them under a National Firearms Agreement. This was necessary because the Australian Constitution does not give the Commonwealth power to enact gun laws. The proposals included a ban on all semi-automatic rifles and all semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns, and a tightly restrictive system of licensing and ownership controls.

"Some discussion of measures to allow owners to undertake modifications to reduce the capacity of magazine-fed shotguns ("crimping") occurred, but the government refused to permit this....

The Australian Constitution prevents the taking of property without just compensation, so the federal government introduced the Medicare Levy Amendment Act 1996 to raise the predicted cost of A$500 million through a one-off increase in the Medicare levy. The gun buy-back scheme started on 1 October 1996 and concluded on 30 September 1997.[28] The buyback purchased and destroyed nearly 1 million [29] firearms, ..."

Gun laws in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And your semantic nonsense trying to distinguish between confiscation and 'disposal of prohibited firearms is just a laughable retort worthy of a true lying hypocrital ass hat like yourself.

Forum List

Back