Alito refuses to recuse

Alito’s Aggrieved Letter to Congress Tips His Hand in the Jan. 6 Cases

And his excuse is flat ridiculous.

It also proves that the ethics thing they engineered for themselves is useless just like I said when it was agreed to. Iy has no teeth and assume the justices are honest, which is a huge mistake in this day.

In Alito’s telling, he not only won’t recuse but in fact can’t recuse from the insurrection cases. Why? Because, he suggests, the nonbinding and entirely subjective ethics code to which the nine justices half-heartedly committed themselves this past fall requires that they remain on cases when they personally decide there’s no legitimate reason to recuse. Alito therefore asserts an “obligation” to hear the Trump-related cases.

So the ethics code is, we discover, mandatory, but only in the sense that it converts a justice’s hostility toward recusal into an affirmative duty not to recuse. (We trust that Alito, like the other Republican-appointed justices, will continue to disregard the ethics suggestions he dislikes.)

He gets to have his civil rights no matter how much you Nazis want to take them away.

Nope that is all on you and your ignorant claims and feelings about stuff instead of reality.
SCOTUS justices didn’t use to be so brazen about their political ideology.

Now they don’t care. Why? Because fuck you that’s why, to paraphrase another poster.

SCOTUS doesn’t really have consistent rulings anymore. They make everything up to get the outcome the conservatives want.

SCOTUS justices didn’t use to be so brazen about their political ideology.

Now they don’t care. Why? Because fuck you that’s why, to paraphrase another poster.

SCOTUS doesn’t really have consistent rulings anymore. They make everything up to get the outcome the conservatives want.
Nope you all are making shit up and then your compliant MSM is repeating it to the gullible rubes that are democrats.

Nearly two-thirds of Americans think Jan. 6 charges against Trump are serious

Overall, 65% of adults think the charges are serious, including 51% who said they are very serious and 14% who said they are somewhat serious.

Only 24% said they are not serious, including 17% who said they are not serious at all.

Just over half -- 52% -- think Trump should have been charged with a crime in this case, while 32% said he should not have been. And a plurality of Americans (49%) said Trump should suspend his presidential campaign, while 36% said he shouldn't.
They should ask that 65%, what the crime actually is. I bet the majority of them wouldn't even know.

They tried to overthrow my country.
Ironically, the country you treasure so much was created by a bunch of guys who did exactly that. They were insurrectionists who overthrew their government and started their own. Dare we guess what role you would have played if you were around back then? My guess is you would have been gleefully reporting to the British everything you could find out that they were up to.

Ironically, the country you treasure so much was created by a bunch of guys who did exactly that. They were insurrectionists who overthrew their government and started their own. Dare we guess what role you would have played if you were around back then? My guess is you would have been gleefully reporting to the British everything you could find out that they were up to.
We should tar and feather people like that.

Then pour scalding tea down their throats like the old days, so they can't talk for a month.

This is how you guys managed to destroy the credibility and respect of another previously respected American institution.
Save your bullshit for the idiots in your left wing bubble.

It also proves that the ethics thing they engineered for themselves is useless just like I said when it was agreed to. Iy has no teeth and assume the justices are honest, which is a huge mistake in this day.

In Alito’s telling, he not only won’t recuse but in fact can’t recuse from the insurrection cases. Why? Because, he suggests, the nonbinding and entirely subjective ethics code to which the nine justices half-heartedly committed themselves this past fall requires that they remain on cases when they personally decide there’s no legitimate reason to recuse. Alito therefore asserts an “obligation” to hear the Trump-related cases.

So the ethics code is, we discover, mandatory, but only in the sense that it converts a justice’s hostility toward recusal into an affirmative duty not to recuse. (We trust that Alito, like the other Republican-appointed justices, will continue to disregard the ethics suggestions he dislikes.)
What is ridiculous is the attack on Alito.

I am not sure why he should.....a flag is somehow showing some sort of bias? hahha

wake me up when he has a child making money off the outcome of the case

Say it again. But in English.

Forum List

Back