Alito refuses to recuse

I see the Don’t tread on me Flag and the State of Jefferson Flag as Favorites of the Militia ( Never the upside down Flag )

Alito’s Aggrieved Letter to Congress Tips His Hand in the Jan. 6 Cases

And his excuse is flat ridiculous.

It also proves that the ethics thing they engineered for themselves is useless just like I said when it was agreed to. Iy has no teeth and assume the justices are honest, which is a huge mistake in this day.

In Alito’s telling, he not only won’t recuse but in fact can’t recuse from the insurrection cases. Why? Because, he suggests, the nonbinding and entirely subjective ethics code to which the nine justices half-heartedly committed themselves this past fall requires that they remain on cases when they personally decide there’s no legitimate reason to recuse. Alito therefore asserts an “obligation” to hear the Trump-related cases.

So the ethics code is, we discover, mandatory, but only in the sense that it converts a justice’s hostility toward recusal into an affirmative duty not to recuse. (We trust that Alito, like the other Republican-appointed justices, will continue to disregard the ethics suggestions he dislikes.)

Why does he need to? The right are getting to control things by cheating. So he can feel safe. Unless people start actually acting on this kind of thing and demonstrating.

You have been gaslighted by your propagandists.

Merchan's daughter did not post what you think she posted. That was posted by an imposter aiming to gaslight you rubes.

Looks like it worked.
What post are you talking about? I’m talking about her employment. Who she has worked for, namely, the Biden Harris campaign…among others, as well as her making money off of the case

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Thomas and Alito should both recuse.

I answered your question. Quite plainly.

If a judge's spouse has a de minimus interest in a case, the judge needs to recuse.

That's the law.
So your position is a Supreme Court judge should recuse himself over his wife’s petty squabble with a neighbor. Where will this lead in the future?

Sorry but the Capitol building isn't in Peking. It's just that the current occupant is their employee. We understand why you're confused.
1sf3v0.jpg

He has shown no impartiality, and he never has, he has always been in the bag for Republicans, and now he has shown he is also part of the Trump cult, just like his bestie Clarence.

They are why people don't have trust in this body anymore.
LOL the only distrust is from liberal loons like you, and it is entirely fake and made up because you can't get your way.

Alito’s Aggrieved Letter to Congress Tips His Hand in the Jan. 6 Cases

And his excuse is flat ridiculous.

It also proves that the ethics thing they engineered for themselves is useless just like I said when it was agreed to. Iy has no teeth and assume the justices are honest, which is a huge mistake in this day.

In Alito’s telling, he not only won’t recuse but in fact can’t recuse from the insurrection cases. Why? Because, he suggests, the nonbinding and entirely subjective ethics code to which the nine justices half-heartedly committed themselves this past fall requires that they remain on cases when they personally decide there’s no legitimate reason to recuse. Alito therefore asserts an “obligation” to hear the Trump-related cases.

So the ethics code is, we discover, mandatory, but only in the sense that it converts a justice’s hostility toward recusal into an affirmative duty not to recuse. (We trust that Alito, like the other Republican-appointed justices, will continue to disregard the ethics suggestions he dislikes.)
You actually thought a bunch of dipshit lefties could pressure him into recusing himself? You guys are fuckin delusional. No one takes your whiney complaints seriously. :laugh:

You have been gaslighted by your propagandists.

Merchan's daughter did not post what you think she posted. That was posted by an imposter aiming to gaslight you rubes.

Looks like it worked.
She engineered 93 Million $ for Democrat campaigns and voted Obama twice and Biden and has only worked in Democrat circles as-employment

She engineered 93 Million $ for Democrat campaigns and voted Obama twice and Biden and has only worked in Democrat circles as-employment
You don't understand at all. For a progressive no problem exists that would require one of theirs to recuse ever. For a conservative if they passed something on the street that might be conservative, they MUST recuse.

Forum List

Back