CNN: China says it is restarting trade talks with the US

NightFox

Wildling
Jul 20, 2013
Source: CNN.COM
US-China trade talks to resume amid global market chaos - CNNPolitics

"Hong Kong (CNN) China has set a date for a new round of talks with the United States aimed at ending a trade war that is spooking global markets and hurting businesses.

China's Commerce Ministry said Friday that US deputy trade representative Jeffrey Gerrish would hold negotiations with Chinese officials on January 7-8 in Beijing. The White House is yet to confirm the talks.
They will be the first formal negotiations on trade between the world's two biggest economies since President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, agreed to a truce at the G20 summit in Argentina last month.

US trade negotiators will "optimistically and constructively communicate with (the) Chinese delegation on the important agreements achieved by the two leaders during the meeting in Argentina," China's Commerce Ministry said in a statement, without giving further details. Officials from both countries spoke on the phone Friday, it added."

Finally some good news coming from this Administration, perhaps the 6 six month acid trip the Trump Administration has been on is coming to an end.

They need to get this U.S.-Sino trade spat nonsense over with before it causes irreparable damage to global economic growth and the U.S. domestic economy.

Oh my, Trump won again.

Now we can finally get fair trade.

You have to hand it to Pres.Trump for kicking over the apple cart and forcing China to negotiate on fair trade deal with the U.S. ... :thup:

Last edited:
Oh my, Trump won again.

how does someone win when they push the other away from the table and our "success" is getting them back?

at best it's a move in a stupid chess game. at worst, it was a lot of hectic hell that won't ever really justify itself.

where it lands still has a long way to go but i can tell you my own "portfolio" is not happy these days.

Oh my, Trump won again.

how does someone win when they push the other away from the table and our "success" is getting them back?

at best it's a move in a stupid chess game. at worst, it was a lot of hectic hell that won't ever really justify itself.

where it lands still has a long way to go but i can tell you my own "portfolio" is not happy these days.

So you have been watching CNN rather than living in the actual reality?

China has never played even close to fair. By erecting the tariffs we have beat them, their stock market is down massively on the year. They are ready to negotiate a fair deal now.

Oh my, Trump won again.

only a moron calls a win before the kickoff of a game!

I predict we will get about what we got with the new NAFTA, a few tweaks here and there, no major changes and you sheep will worship Trump even more.

Oh my, Trump won again.

So you have been watching CNN rather than living in the actual reality?

China has never played even close to fair. By erecting the tariffs we have beat them, their stock market is down massively on the year. They are ready to negotiate a fair deal now.
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

yea, i'm a fan of cnn. :) give me some of whoever that dipshit is at noon!!!

Oh my, Trump won again.

IMHO, "Fair" trade probably not.

Chinese concessions on eliminating some of their most egregious trade practices (IP Theft, Market Access and Capital Restrictions, Currency Manipulation, etc..,) of the past 4 decades, a distinct possibility.

In other words, more equitable terms of trade than what has existed in the past.

Trump just needs to pull his head out of his ass and NOT publicly torpedo his own trade negotiation team again, the margin for error is rapidly narrowing.

Oh my, Trump won again.

I predict we will get about what we got with the new NAFTA, a few tweaks here and there, no major changes and you sheep will worship Trump even more.

You leftists have been wrong regarding everything when it comes to Trump. Why do you think anyone gives a crap regarding what you think? In fact, this is a great prediction that things are going to improve.

Some people just are butthurt about the fact that Trump is winning. I know it can get tiring sometimes, but try take a nap.

Oh my, Trump won again.

yep. this is exactly what i mean. the game isn't even being played yet cause both sides are bumping chests for a round and going back to their corner. market tanks in the meantime. they come back, sumo around some, back to corners.

if this is winning that word sure has been redefined.

Oh my, Trump won again.

You leftists have been wrong regarding everything when it comes to Trump. Why do you think anyone gives a crap regarding what you think? In fact, this is a great prediction that things are going to improve.

Some people just are butthurt about the fact that Trump is winning. I know it can get tiring sometimes, but try take a nap.

Winning...

only in the world of partisan sheep is an 11% drop in the market in a year "winning".

Trump isn't winning, in fact in terms of opportunity cost he's FAR behind on the scoreboard, we've been paying the price for his strategy since the mutual tit-for-tat tariff regime began.

He'll be "winning" when his Administration concludes a deal that includes incremental improvements in the terms of trade whose benefits exceed the opportunity cost that has already been incurred on both the Global Economy and the U.S. Economy over a timeframe that justifies a reasonable ROI.

Oh my, Trump won again.

can you define how this is a "win" with numbers to backup your views and how his policies has results in the "win"?

i got $20 that says you can't.

Trump isn't winning, in fact in terms of opportunity cost he's FAR behind on the scoreboard, we've been paying the price for his strategy since the mutual tit-for-tat tariff regime began.

He'll be "winning" when his Administration concludes a deal that includes incremental improvements in the terms of trade whose benefits exceed the opportunity cost that has already been incurred on both the Global Economy and the U.S. Economy over a timeframe that justifies a reasonable ROI.
now THIS is winning.

in case you needed an example.

Oh my, Trump won again.

Winning...

only in the world of partisan sheep is an 11% drop in the market in a year "winning".
Just curious...
What does the market have to do with the actual success of working Americans?
In my opinion? Zero.

Oh my, Trump won again.

Winning...

Just curious...
In my opinion? Zero.

It has a great deal to with the actual success of working Americans because most Americans have a good portion of the retirement tied to the markets.

The markets do well when we do well, they are not at odds with each other, they are connected to each other.

Oh my, Trump won again.

Winning...

Just curious...
In my opinion? Zero.

It has a great deal to with the actual success of working Americans because most Americans have a good portion of the retirement tied to the markets.

The markets do well when we do well, they are not at odds with each other, they are connected to each other.
Wrong...the market is used for the most part by those who have saved and invested for decades.
Kids entering the market need jobs in the US, not where the market sends it’s assets, to China and India.

Winning...

Just curious...
In my opinion? Zero.

Wrong...the market is used for the most part by those who have saved and invested for decades.
Kids entering the market need jobs in the US, not where the market sends it’s assets, to China and India.

You might not have noticed, but we have more jobs open than we do people to fill them...and that happened under the "old" trade agreements.

Winning...

Just curious...
In my opinion? Zero.

You might not have noticed, but we have more jobs open than we do people to fill them...and that happened under the "old" trade agreements.
In case you missed it, from GW and on, businesses clamoring for cheap labor have been making this bullshit claim.
You don’t need 1,000 programmers when 10 will do.

In case you missed it, from GW and on, businesses clamoring for cheap labor have been making this bullshit claim.
You don’t need 1,000 programmers when 10 will do.

So, you are saying that the UE numbers put out by Trump are fake?

You are saying that we do not have more open jobs than people to fill them?

Or is this still just more sour grapes about losing your job to a foreigner?

Forum List

Back