CNN: China says it is restarting trade talks with the US

Trump has given people confidence to hire Americans.
I know that kills you.

People have been doing that for the last 8 years, where have you been?

Nothing changed under Trump, every economic metric stayed the course...well till he fucked up the markets!
Bullshit.
I got that Jewish connection so I know business people all across the US and nobody was spending money under Obama.
And right under my nose Nassau County was dead in the water with abandoned commercial property.

you give personal anecdotes while i give facts.
What facts? Your personal desire to retire rich?
The Tech giants are paying Americans, not Indian Business Visas, big bucks and that kills you.

The Tech giants have been paying Americans all along. just because you lost your job to a better qualified Indian does not mean everyone did. you are just a sore loser.
Bullhshit...
GE and Obama drenched American soil with H1-Bs.
You’re full of shit.
I actually know people who own businesses who are being forced to hire Americans for the first time since 2004 because Trump put the kakbosh on the H1-B.

Yet more people are making more money.
Poor baby has to work.

I enjoy my job and it pays very well.
The average person in my community makes 200K/year.
The graduates are making 80K/year and don’t give a damn about the market.

So, they just take their "extra" money and put it in their mattress? People in your "community" are not smart enough to invest their money?

that seems very unlikely.

Nothing changed under Trump, every economic metric stayed the course...well till he fucked up the markets!
Bullshit.
I got that Jewish connection so I know business people all across the US and nobody was spending money under Obama.
And right under my nose Nassau County was dead in the water with abandoned commercial property.

The Tech giants are paying Americans, not Indian Business Visas, big bucks and that kills you.

The Tech giants have been paying Americans all along. just because you lost your job to a better qualified Indian does not mean everyone did. you are just a sore loser.
Bullhshit...
You’re full of shit.
I actually know people who own businesses who are being forced to hire Americans for the first time since 2004 because Trump put the kakbosh on the H1-B.

once again, nothing but personal anecdotes. not a fact or a stat to save your life

Poor baby has to work.

So, they just take their "extra" money and put it in their mattress? People in your "community" are not smart enough to invest their money?

No fool, cutting costs is a major factor in attracting investors.
But you already knew that.
Why are you playing dumb all of a sudden?

I already explained how this is a win. Not only that, it's obvious to anyone with a functioning brain.

This is great news, Trump's magic wand is saving American manufacturing.

Yes, you did lay out some bullshit, but that does not make it true. You are just parroting party talking points and have not clue what any of it means.

Take manufacturing for instance...you claim that Trump saved it...yet nothing changed after Trump took office compare to the previous 4 years...

View attachment 238383

Can you do anything but parrot talking points? Do you have any actual data to support your position?
Trump has given people confidence to hire Americans.
I know that kills you.

Trump hasn't "fucked up the markets", YET, the market is a forward looking mechanism not a backwards looking one.

His trade policies and erratic behavior have certainly exacerbated volatility but beyond that we're late cycle and the combination of monetary policy worries and growth concerns are making things dicey , IF Trump manages to put the "trade war" nonsense behind us and the Fed doesn't overshoot we should see a pretty decent 2019 in the equities markets.

Of course the cycle turns as it always does, so nobody should be surprised if we see recession looming in 2020 (or even late 2019) even if trade and monetary policy worries diminish, after all we just briefly had yield curve inversion on the short end which has been historically been an (inconsistent) soft recession signal, I'll be more worried if we see an inversion on the long end though.

Bullshit.

Bullhshit...
You’re full of shit.

once again, nothing but personal anecdotes. not a fact or a stat to save your life
The only fact you have is the intra-daily market report.
Why not google “H1-B under Trump”?

Oh my, Trump won again.

Now we can finally get fair trade.
how does someone win when they push the other away from the table and our "success" is getting them back?

at best it's a move in a stupid chess game. at worst, it was a lot of hectic hell that won't ever really justify itself.

where it lands still has a long way to go but i can tell you my own "portfolio" is not happy these days.
If you are more worried about a portfolio then you are gas prices or jobs then perhaps you don't understand investing or perhaps a savings account is a better fit. You could try mutual funds but they also rely on stocks.
I have been investing since the early 70's and I love it when I can buy low. The stock market has always been a series of highs and lows. To expect otherwise is sheer lunacy. I still have the same stocks that I first bought. I have been retired for years, before I was even 62. I am buying stocks now. Not as many as I would if I were still working but as many as I can and still live comfortably.

My point is the stock market will go up. Fuel prices are down. Fuel prices affects everyone on a daily basis. From the more well to do to the lowest paid. The job market is looking for help. The better the market the more wages go up, the less on welfare, the more that can be spent on things like infrasturucture. A strong job market affects us all.

Poor baby has to work.

What does that have to do with the people in your "community" not caring about the markets?

Bullshit.

Bullhshit...
You’re full of shit.

I really don’t care about your bullshit because I see people with careers.
Anyone who read 9 out of 10 of your posts knows you’re a self-centered ego-maniac.

Bullhshit...
You’re full of shit.

The only fact you have is the intra-daily market report.
Why not google “H1-B under Trump”?

still nothing from you but talk

Poor baby has to work.

What does that have to do with the people in your "community" not caring about the markets?
Because the kids are making money and their parents no longer have to help them pay their bills.

Bullhshit...
You’re full of shit.

Anyone who read 9 out of 10 of your posts knows you’re a self-centered ego-maniac.

Then you should love me since I am just like Trump and you worship the ground he walks on

Because the kids are making money and their parents no longer have to help them pay their bills.

What are they doing with their money? are they not smart enough to invest some of it? are they just taking it and putting it in tin cans? typically the more people make the more they invest in the markets, why is your "community" different?

Bullhshit...
You’re full of shit.

Then you should love me since I am just like Trump and you worship the ground he walks on
You are anything but MAGA and we all know it.

What are they doing with their money? are they not smart enough to invest some of it? are they just taking it and putting it in tin cans? typically the more people make the more they invest in the markets, why is your "community" different?
Do you know how expensive it is to live in or near a metropolis?
Even if the parents Portfolio has several million, if their kids can’t get married or are married and can’t pay their bills, the money has to come from somewhere.
In other words, withdrawal from the parents portfolio.
It’s not a win-win situation.

Bullhshit...
You’re full of shit.

you are correct, I am not MAGA as I think America has always been great. I am not an American hater like you that thinks America is not great.

Bullhshit...
You’re full of shit.

you are correct, I am not MAGA as I think America has always been great. I am not an American hater like you that thinks America is not great.
An America being built by India and China is not America.

Winning...

only in the world of partisan sheep is an 11% drop in the market in a year "winning".
Just curious...
What does the market have to do with the actual success of working Americans?
In my opinion? Zero.

LOL, You're joking, right?
Prove to me the market represents a healthy careers economy.

Did you sleep through the 2008-9 collapse of the financial markets or something? Ever heard of the Great Depression? Guess what triggered it? If you guessed a disruption of credit and risk aversion in the equities markets you guessed correctly.

Putting aside the fact that the Financial Sector represents over 40% of the domestic economy, when capital and credit flows are disrupted every other sector is forced to curtail activity because the life blood of their businesses becomes more scarce and more expensive, that situation has a distinctly negative effect on employment and wages.
I don’t do Rush Limbaugh rolled up statistics.
The Housing Bubble was great for Wall Street and meaningless for Main Street.

LOL, obviously you WERE asleep throughout 2008-9, lucky you since it wasn't much fun for most everybody else that was awake.

Sheesh, it never ceases to amaze me that there are still people out there that cannot connect the dots between the health of our financial markets and the rest of the economy, it's like your perception of how the modern economy functions is based on the status quo during the Middle Ages.

Just curious...
What does the market have to do with the actual success of working Americans?
In my opinion? Zero.

LOL, You're joking, right?
Prove to me the market represents a healthy careers economy.

Did you sleep through the 2008-9 collapse of the financial markets or something? Ever heard of the Great Depression? Guess what triggered it? If you guessed a disruption of credit and risk aversion in the equities markets you guessed correctly.

Putting aside the fact that the Financial Sector represents over 40% of the domestic economy, when capital and credit flows are disrupted every other sector is forced to curtail activity because the life blood of their businesses becomes more scarce and more expensive, that situation has a distinctly negative effect on employment and wages.
I don’t do Rush Limbaugh rolled up statistics.
The Housing Bubble was great for Wall Street and meaningless for Main Street.

LOL, obviously you WERE asleep throughout 2008-9, lucky you since it wasn't much fun for most everybody else that was awake.

Sheesh, it never ceases to amaze me that there are still people out there that cannot connect the dots between the health of our financial markets and the rest of the economy, it's like your perception of how the modern economy functions is based on the status quo during the Middle Ages.
I live in the NY/LI vicinity; blue collar workers lost their jobs, careers, homes and families and you sound like a Rush-not.

Forum List

Back