CNN obtains transcript of Trump audio: “As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,”

Conservative from Georgia

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2018
A defense of Donald Trump, holding onto the secret documents is that he declassified them as President.

but CNN has obtained a transcript of Donald Trump’s tape, saying that he could’ve, but didn’t, declassify this particular “secret” document:

“Former President Donald Trumpacknowledged on tape in a 2021 meeting that he had retained “secret” military information that he had not declassified, according to a transcript of the audio recording obtained by CNN.

“As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,” Trump says, according to the transcript.”
1686317784545.gif

Last edited:
The issue is this is going to have very little impact upon the elections. Yes, I believe anyone that broke the law here should be charged. I don't believe it should only be Trump though.

Voters are going to think the same way. They will ask themselves why one and not others? The excuse that the others that completely mishandled this information weren't as reluctant to turn it back over really is a side issue.

I never have supported a two tiered justice system. Are there additional charges that should be brought against Trump that wouldn't apply to others? Very likely but that isn't what is happening.

On the other hand Trump turned his back on those condemning a two tiered justice system and I suppose Karma may be at work here.

Obama's CIA director (who was never president with declassification authority) stole classified documents and gave them to his mistress in exchange for sex for years.
He was allowed to plead to a misdemeanor and got probation.
His name is David Petraeus.
Sandy Berger got caught red-handed stealing classified documents. He got his security clearance pulled.

Obama's CIA director (who was never president with declassification authority) stole classified documents and gave them to his mistress in exchange for sex for years.

He was allowed to plead to a misdemeanor and got probation.

His name is David Petraeus.
Trump is an audio saying he could’ve declassified the documents, but did not.

You suggested without evidence that the declassified as president.

A defense of Donald Trump, holding onto the secret documents is that he declassified them as President.

but CNN has obtained a transcript of Donald Trump’s tape, saying that he could’ve, but didn’t, declassify this particular “secret” document:

“Former President Donald Trumpacknowledged on tape in a 2021 meeting that he had retained “secret” military information that he had not declassified, according to a transcript of the audio recording obtained by CNN.

“As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,” Trump says, according to the transcript.”
View attachment 793275

Oooh a secret transcript of a Trump meeting...oooohhh

View attachment 793275

Tape provided by the super secret source.....Jussie Smollett.

Forum List

Back