6Trump Could Have Helped Response To Jan. 6 Riot- But Did Not - Per New Testimoney

183 minutes he did nothing despite pleadings and entreaties from his family and from his staff, from Republican Congressional leaders. Per testimony from those witnesses....all Republicans .... we all watched at the J6 Committee hearings.
It was...manifestly.....dereliction of duty by the man who loudly claimed that 'Only I Can Fix It". Dereliction of duty by the United States' Commander in Chief.

-------------------------------------------------------

• Prove it. Or show us credible responsible sourcing.
-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Tell that to the 140 injured police.
  2. Tell that to the family of Ashli Babbitt.
  3. Tell that to the staffers who barricaded their office doors for hours in fear of beatings or murder by Trump supporters.
  4. Tell that to the Capitol police who aimed their pistols into the face of attackers who had attempted to breach doorways.

View attachment 934268

View attachment 934269
In comparison to the months of anarchy, looting, burning, murder and whatnot you folks ignore? Spare me your feigned outrage.

"In comparison to the months of anarchy, looting, burning, murder and whatnot you folks ignore?"
---------------------------------------------------------------

183 minutes of dereliction of duty......vs......citizens marching in protest of police brutality?

OK, I see your point; however......

....however, I will mansplain for you: There was a D-U-T-Y to act in the best interest of America. He had that duty. Eminently so as the elected Chief Executive. Elected to perform honorably, faithfully, and competently that very duty.

In short, Don Trump had a greater duty to America and its' 330 million citizens than did any teenage vandal throwing a rock through a Nike window downtown.

As much as we deplore vandalism.....and like Nike.....that thrown rock ain't the same as the-man-in-charge going AWOL to his duty to America when America was in crisis.

I hope I am clear with my sentiment on that issue.

Donald Trump could have cleared up confusion and hastened the arrival of National Guard troops to quell the Capitol riot if he’d called Pentagon leaders on Jan. 6, 2021, according to recent closed-door congressional testimony by two former leaders of the D.C. guard.

Michael Brooks, the senior enlisted leader of the D.C. guard at the time of the riot, and Brigadier Gen. Aaron Dean, the adjutant general of the D.C. guard at the time, told House Administration Committee staffers that if Trump had reached out that day — which, by all accounts, he did not — he might have helped cut through the chaos amid a tangle of conflicting advice and miscommunication.

Could the president have picked up the phone, called the secretary of defense, and said, you know, ‘What’s going on here?’ Our law enforcement is getting overrun, make this happen!’” a committee staffer asked Brooks, according to the transcript of a previously unreported March 14 interview reviewed by POLITICO.

I assume he could expedite an approval through the Secretary of Defense, through the Secretary of the Army,” Brooks replied.

183 minutes he did nothing despite pleadings and entreaties from his family and from his staff, from Republican Congressional leaders. Per testimony from those witnesses....all Republicans .... we all watched at the J6 Committee hearings.
It was...manifestly.....dereliction of duty by the man who loudly claimed that 'Only I Can Fix It". Dereliction of duty by the United States' Commander in Chief
The president can not send in the National Guard, to invade the Legislative Branch of Government without the Congree's leadership's permission.

The President gave the authority to somebody else, to activate the guard. As all Presidents, do.

The Legislative Branch of government is controlled by Congress. It is their jurisdiction. It is not the President's.

You want proof? It has been proven hundreds of times in these threads, hundreds. Your idiotic contradictions are all over ever piece of "proof", provided.

Proof? Is Google really proof?

Proof, the best proof is classified. The Standard Operating Procedure of the Capitol Police. It exists, it is not posted online. For obvious reasons they do not post how the security operates.

But we do have testimony from the capitol police board, the general of the National Guard, and the fact that the National Guard was attached to the Washington D.C. police but that police chief said that they must be used for traffic control, unarmed!

Yes, hundreds of posts with links, stand as fact, that you ignore. I get it, you are a partisan hack.

It was refused prior, because they believed the whole rally was going to be at the Ellipse area, where Trump organizers obtained their protest and rally permits for...which was around 2 miles from the Capitol Building. CPolice asked to have a DC National Guard rapid response team on standby, instead, in case for some reason they may need them immediately.

No one in Trump's organizers for the 1/6 rally did they apply for a march down Pennsylvania avenue nor for protesting at the Capitol from the Park Police, which was required under law, from Trump.

Part of the evidence the 1/6 committee had acquired, are emails among the lead organizers who were made aware that trump was going to send his rally goers down to the capitol, discussing NOT applying for the march and capitol protests with the park police because President Trump wanted to have an element of surprise....

The National Guard was requested by Capitol Police, and by Pelosi, and by Vice President Pence immediately after the Rioting began or the building was breached.

There was no DC National guard Rapid Response team sent when asked for on 1/6.
Good, just as I stated, the National Guard was refused by the Legislative Branch of Government, who are in charge of their own security.

All the intelligence reports, indicated their would be problems.

Further, your idea that there were no permits, is bullshit. At the very least, the Legislative Branch of government must be ready for all circumstances.

Either way, Guard asked for, then denied.

A Rapid Reactionary force? Still has to be requested ahead of time which it was not according to testimony by Democrats.

The president can not send in the National Guard, to invade the Legislative Branch of Government
The President gave the authority to somebody else, to activate the guard. As all Presidents, do.
--------------------------------------------------

Let's be clear here:
The Buck Stops on the CIC's Desk. Period.

IF......if......the mobs were overwhelming the Police and threatening the lives of our Congressional delegates, Reprsentatives and Senators, and their staffs...... and the mobs clearly were..... a CIC with a sense of responsibility towards America would have been on the phone in a nano-second to the Pentagon and said, words to the effect:

"I don't give a ** who's is responsible for what over there, but get this ** stopped NOW! With whatever it takes. Or heads will roll tomorrow morning. Capiche?!"

Instead, our CIC at the time sat on his butt for 183 minutes despite the entreaties of Republicans in the White House, in the Congress, in his own family. The only calls he made were to Congressional allies urging them to stop the Electoral count.

THAT is not competent leadership. That is not responsible leadership. By any loyal American citizen's measure.
----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

Further, your idea that there were no permits, is bullshit.
I don't know which permits poster 'elektra' is alluding to; however, if it is for the march from the Eclipse to the Congress, testimony at the J6 Hearings revealed that the intent to order a march on Congress had been in the plans for nearly two weeks. But those 'in-the-know' about the intent were ordered to not reveal it to outsiders and to NOT apply for a march permit from the Parks Police as that would have alerted all the law enforcement agencies that thousands of people would be blocking the busy vehicular traffic on Pennsylvania Ave. And it would have alerted the 3 police agencies to staff up, to erect crowd control measures, and traffic barriers.

Willful refusal to apply for a permit was mendacious. And in my non-lawyer opinion, it was criminal. And I hope Jack Smith expounds upon it in any upcoming trial of the organizers of January 6th.

No permit was applied for because Trump & Enablers wanted the march to surprise the Capitol Police who thought the rally two-miles away, would stay two miles away.

--------------------------------------------------

Let's be clear here:
The Buck Stops on the CIC's Desk. Period.

IF......if......the mobs were overwhelming the Police and threatening the lives of our Congressional delegates, Reprsentatives and Senators, and their staffs...... and the mobs clearly were..... a CIC with a sense of responsibility towards America would have been on the phone in a nano-second to the Pentagon and said, words to the effect:

"I don't give a ** who's is responsible for what over there, but get this ** stopped NOW! With whatever it takes. Or heads will roll tomorrow morning. Capiche?!"

Instead, our CIC at the time sat on his butt for 183 minutes despite the entreaties of Republicans in the White House, in the Congress, in his own family. The only calls he made were to Congressional allies urging them to stop the Electoral count.

THAT is not competent leadership. That is not responsible leadership. By any loyal American citizen's measure.
----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

I don't know which permits poster 'elektra' is alluding to; however, if it is for the march from the Eclipse to the Congress, testimony at the J6 Hearings revealed that the intent to order a march on Congress had been in the plans for nearly two weeks. But those 'in-the-know' about the intent were ordered to not reveal it to outsiders and to NOT apply for a march permit from the Parks Police as that would have alerted all the law enforcement agencies that thousands of people would be blocking the busy vehicular traffic on Pennsylvania Ave. And it would have alerted the 3 police agencies to staff up, to erect crowd control measures, and traffic barriers.

Willful refusal to apply for a permit was mendacious. And in my non-lawyer opinion, it was criminal. And I hope Jack Smith expounds upon it in any upcoming trial of the organizers of January 6th.

No permit was applied for because Trump & Enablers wanted the march to surprise the Capitol Police who thought the rally two-miles away, would stay two miles away.
Yes, let us be clear, the buck stopped with the person who originally made that quote, Harry Truman. No Democrat since Truman has accepted responsibility.

In the case of the Capitol building and it's grounds security, the buck stopped on Nancy Pelosi's desk. Pelosi was the leader of the Legislative Branch of Government, which is responsible, per the separation of powers, for the security of the capitol building.

"Pelosi was the leader of the Legislative Branch of Government, which is responsible, per the separation of powers, for the security of the capitol building."

So, with that sentiment quoted above, is poster Elektra asserting that the Senate has no say in legislation? That, if Nancy Pelosi was responsible for "security of the capitol building".....Mitch McConnell was not?

Look, here's the real world reality: The seat of our government, our center of democratic law making, the People's House. was under savage and violent attack by Trump supporters.

Don Trump, as the Commander in Chief of the United States of America does not.......does NOT.......get a hall-pass on his duty to protect America. Don Trump cannot sit on his butt for 83 minutes and get to say...."Not my job, man!"

Worse, Don Trump set in motion that attack. The attack would not have happened without Don Trump's encouragement and direction.

And now poster Elektra says Nancy Pelosi is the only one responsible for defending against Don Trump's intentionally provoked supporters.

Pardon me, Elektra, if I opine.......that that is bizzaro-desk QAnon nonsense.
No disrespect intended.

So, with that sentiment quoted above, is poster Elektra asserting that the Senate has no say in legislation? That, if Nancy Pelosi was responsible for "security of the capitol building".....Mitch McConnell was not?

Look, here's the real world reality: The seat of our government, our center of democratic law making, the People's House. was under savage and violent attack by Trump supporters.

Don Trump, as the Commander in Chief of the United States of America does not.......does NOT.......get a hall-pass on his duty to protect America. Don Trump cannot sit on his butt for 83 minutes and get to say...."Not my job, man!"

Worse, Don Trump set in motion that attack. The attack would not have happened without Don Trump's encouragement and direction.

And now poster Elektra says Nancy Pelosi is the only one responsible for defending against Don Trump's intentionally provoked supporters.

No disrespect intended.
Exactly.

None of that nonsense ever made any sense

NONE

That Trump intentionally did nothing for more than two hours while his lawless, violent supporters committed their acts of domestic terrorism is one of countless reasons why Trump is unfit to hold any public office.
There was no domestic terrorism. But you already knew that. As a democrat you just lie.

Why would you assert something I have not said? The simple answer is you have no answers and have not read enough about Jan. 6th to know what is going on.

I never said the

No disrespect intended.
Yet, if all you claim is true, the lies you tell about Trump, Trump's supportors, and me, why in the hell would Nancy Pelosi not do anything about her security, congesses security, the capitol buildings security?

Chill and the democrats described MAGA as a physical domestic terrorist threat to the country for 4 years. 24 hours a day we all heard about the danger of MAGA.

Prior to Jan 6th Pelosi's hand picked security leaders discussed how to protect the capitol.

Pelosi's hand picked capitol police leaders decided they needed riot gear, barricades, extra police. Pelosi's security used bomb sniffing dogs.

Pelosi and the democrats prior to Jan 6th told everyone in the USA MAGA wss exactly this kind of threat yet Pelosi did nothing?

Chillicothe, the imaginary scenario you describe where the executive branch of government attemps to overthrow the legislative branch of govrrnment is the exact reason why congress has it's own police force and is resposible for their own security.

We have posted this fact hundreds of time with quotes and links to the laws.

Two things are missing though, THE CLASSIFIED STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE, which defines how the minute to minute actions Pelosi's capitol police are to operate in this situation and all the communications between the Sergeant at Arms and Pelosi.

Why would you assert something I have not said?
Umm, you are trying too hard here, poster 'elektra'.
My poor avatar made no such assertion.
Hint: note the question mark (?) at the end of the sentence you claim is an assertion.

More important than your misdirected feelings, here the real deal: Pelosi and McConnell share responsibility as legislative leaders.

Don Trump and his enablers had a clear duty and a legal requirement to alert the Capitol Police and McConnell and Pelosi that Trump was intending to order his willfully angered and provoked supporters, a significant number of which he knew were armed......would order them to illegally march down Pennsylvania avenue to the Capitol where our elected Representatives and Senators were completing steps for a peaceful transfer of power.

That's the crux of the issue.

And, if Jack Smith can bring Trump's alleged criminality for January 6th to trial....we'll all see it all again. As a loyal American citizen and proud veteran......I hope we all do see Don Trump and his enablers brought to trial for their actions that brought to America the tragedy of January 6th.

Betcha.

Umm, you are trying too hard here, poster 'elektra'.
My poor avatar made no such assertion.
Hint: note the question mark (?) at the end of the sentence you claim is an assertion.

More important than your misdirected feelings, here the real deal: Pelosi and McConnell share responsibility as legislative leaders.
"Pelosi was the leader of the Legislative Branch of Government, which is responsible, per the separation of powers, for the security of the capitol building."

My statement is a fact. Not a feeling.

Duly noted, that chillicothe describes facts as feelings when facts get in the way of chillicothes feelings.

Sharing responsibility as legislative leaders has nothing to do with the democrats refusing the national guard prior to January 6th.

Don Trump and his enablers had a clear duty and a legal requirement to alert the Capitol Police and McConnell and Pelosi that Trump was intending to order his willfully angered and provoked supporters, a significant number of which he knew were armed......would order them to illegally march down Pennsylvania avenue to the Capitol where our elected Representatives and Senators were completing steps for a peaceful transfer of power. That's the crux of the issue.
The above bears repeating.

And too, with the intentional failure to apply for the legally required application for a 'March' permit -- the Capitol Police, the DC Police, the Parks Police had no heads-up that Don Trump would order his willfully provoked ---(with a significant number of them known to be armed) ----would order that mob to illegally march the 2 miles to the Capitol.

Don Trump clearly and manifestly was derelict in his duty to protect the Capitol and our elected Representatives and the employees of the Capitol.

Instead, he intentionally and malevolently put them in harms way:

1. By not alerting them via the permit processs;
2. By not alerting them that he would order his mob to march directly at the Capitol employees, and legislators;
3. And most egregiously, by sitting on his kiester while watching our police be savagely beaten and the Capitol invaded and vandalized while the crowd chanted their kill-wish on the Vice President of the United States. Never once calling the police or the Pentagon and expressing his desires that the vicious attack must be stopped.
4. Don Trump did all that. None of that is leadership. You know that. I know that. Everybody knows that. It is manifest dereliction of duty.
5. Even Captain Obvious knows that.

Trump made close to half dozen admonitions to his supporters to be strenuous but lawful. Libs lost their shit (they don’t have minds to lose) and have concocted every pitiful false emotion possible to pin an insurrection (a non term here) on Trumo via two dozen buffalo horns.
He told them over and over to be vigorous and lawful

---------------------------------------------------------------

183 minutes of dereliction of duty......vs......citizens marching in protest of police brutality?

OK, I see your point; however......

....however, I will mansplain for you: There was a D-U-T-Y to act in the best interest of America. He had that duty. Eminently so as the elected Chief Executive. Elected to perform honorably, faithfully, and competently that very duty.

In short, Don Trump had a greater duty to America and its' 330 million citizens than did any teenage vandal throwing a rock through a Nike window downtown.

As much as we deplore vandalism.....and like Nike.....that thrown rock ain't the same as the-man-in-charge going AWOL to his duty to America when America was in crisis.

I hope I am clear with my sentiment on that issue.
No 183 at all as he said in his speech before anyone headed down to be vigorous and lawful
Vigor just does not work for you safe space wusses.

Don Trump clearly and manifestly was derelict in his duty to protect the Capitol
What I state bears stating.

chiilcothe, is lying, ignorant, stupid, lazy, or lacks the intelligence to express accurately, the truth (lacking intelligence in chillicothe's case is the same as stupidity).

Now that I have pointed out, chillicothe, if he/she responds can pick the least embarrassing response.

The Capitiol is Washington D.C..

The Capitol was not under attack.

Chillicothe now be free to walk back the lie and claim he/she meant the Capitol building and grounds.

Congress, the legislative branch of government is responsible to provide security for the Capitol building and grounds.

And too, with the intentional failure to apply for the legally required application for a 'March' permit -- the Capitol Police, the DC Police, the Parks Police had no heads-up that Don Trump would order his willfully provoked ---(with a significant number of them known to be armed) ----would order that mob to illegally march the 2 miles to the Capitol.
Chillicothe, I must laugh at your stupidity.

Chillicothe claims the Capitol police had no idea that Trump's supporters would march to the capitol building yet the capitol police knew they would be heavily armed.

Wow. Pelosi knew Trumps supporters would be at the Capitol building and be heavily armed.

Pelosi was derelict in her duty to protect the Capitol building

"...chiilcothe, is lying, ignorant, stupid, lazy, or lacks the intelligence..."
OK, now that you have established my poor avatar's bona fides......what is your point?
Explain yourself, good poster Elektra.
And please, if your happiness requires a keyboard enema.....don't hold back.
MAGA!
---------------------------------------------------------

The Capitol was not under attack........ now be free to walk back the lie and claim he/she meant the Capitol building and grounds.
Ummm? 'walk back the lie'??
What "lie"?
Explain yourself poster Elektra.

If you are shrilling over 'Capitol' vs 'Capitol building', well mein freund, you really are trying too hard, taking this too seriously. This is only the internet. We all be friends here. But you be you. MAGA!

".....claims the Capitol police had no idea that Trump's supporters would march to the capitol building yet the capitol police knew they would be heavily armed. Wow. Pelosi knew Trumps supporters would be at the Capitol building and be heavily armed."

I did not know that.
That both the Capitol Police and Speaker Pelosi knew the crowd 2 miles away at the Eclipse would be heavily armed.
So, may we ask the eager poster 'Elektra'.....his source on that revelation?
At least a link to responsible, informed, and credible reportage?

So saddle up, Skippy.
Show.
Or go.

Forum List

Back