Co2 levels and temperature

During the age of the dinosaurs, co2 was some 5 times greater than today, and temperature some 4 to 5 degrees Celsius higher too. So why the struggle and panic today?

So some scientists claim, "It's the rate of increase". Instead of taking a million years to get to dinosaur level, why can't we do it in 500,000 years?
It will be more like 150 years or less.

You are not a cold-blooded creature.

Neither were the dinosaurs, why do you think hummingbirds can survive as cold-blooded creatures? ... it's true, some dinosaurs were cold-blooded, and we have fossils from the North Slope, Alaska ... how did cold-blooded dinosaurs live in such cold place? ... easy ... it wasn't cold back then ...

The whole point of Cap't C'man's post ...

Neither were the dinosaurs, why do you think hummingbirds can survive as cold-blooded creatures? ... it's true, some dinosaurs were cold-blooded, and we have fossils from the North Slope, Alaska ... how did cold-blooded dinosaurs live in such cold place? ... easy ... it wasn't cold back then ...

The whole point of Cap't C'man's post ...
I thought it was pretty obvious.

"Estimates of the equilibrium climate sensitivity (ECS) based on observed climate change, climate models and feedback analysis, as well as paleoclimate evidence indicate that ECS is likely in the range 1.5°C to 4.5°C with high confidence, extremely unlikely less than 1°C (high confidence) and very unlikely greater than 6°C (medium confidence). The transient climate response (TCR) is likely in the range 1°C to 2.5ºC and extremely unlikely greater than 3°C, based on observed climate change and climate models."

--- IPCC report AR5, 1WG, page 1033 (link to Chapter 12, long term projections ...

[Emphasis mine] ...

This is only true since 1980 ... temperatures were falling between 1940 and 1980 even though CO2 was rising ... you know, the opposite of the consensus ...

For you liberals who are math-challenged ... I'll walk you through this ... temperatures were 8ºC below 20th Century average, and carbon dioxide was at 180 ppm, at the beginning of the Holocene ... let's double the carbon dioxide to 360 ppm, we should see temperatures at 5ºC below ... and double again to 720 ppm and we're 2ºC below 20th Century average ... doubling yet again to 1440 ppm (0.144%) to get to current temperatures ... that's maximum global warming, and extremely unlikely per IPCC ... like foolishly betting on the Dodgers to win the World Series ...

Kitchen counter physics ... 1,000,000 ppm only gives us 8ºC over 20th Century average ... now curve-fit that to a natural logarithm (or fourth root it you want to get technical) ...

=====

Universities that offer Climatology as a degree program start their curriculum in the junior year, the students need to complete two years coursework in calculus first, and the better school now require concurrence with LinAlgebra and Differential Equations courses ... a fair part of the scientific literature is expressed as solutions to the stress tensor, where one meets the true horrors of Analytic Geometry ...

That's over my paygrade ... but I know none of it trumps fundamentals ... force is always equal to mass times acceleration ... that makes power and energy proportional to mass ... if I may hyperbolize, we need exo-tonnes of carbon to raise temperatures enough to read on our Walmart thermometers ..

During the age of the dinosaurs, co2 was some 5 times greater than today, and temperature some 4 to 5 degrees Celsius higher too. So why the struggle and panic today?

So some scientists claim, "It's the rate of increase". Instead of taking a million years to get to dinosaur level, why can't we do it in 500,000 years?
Money and power. The ruling elite want to take both from us, the people.

If doubling CO2 produces 1C of warming, how did the 50% increase since 1850 cause 1.2 C of warming without even reaching equilibrium? Making unevidenced claims that includes numbers is not "using math".
Because they are making the faulty assumption that all warming is the result of CO2 and nothing else. It doesn't take a genius to see that there has been a shitload of natural climate variations before man. To assume they all stopped is idiotic.

If doubling CO2 produces 1C of warming, how did the 50% increase since 1850 cause 1.2 C of warming without even reaching equilibrium? Making unevidenced claims that includes numbers is not "using math".
Because it didn't.

Because they are making the faulty assumption that all warming is the result of CO2 and nothing else. It doesn't take a genius to see that there has been a shitload of natural climate variations before man. To assume they all stopped is idiotic.
The faulty assumption started 40 years ago. Today they just refuse to see that natural climate variation did not stop and CO2 is not wholly responsible for the warming we have seen. CO2's so minor that it is far less than the expected rise from CO2 alone. With UHI and its effect on the temperatures CO2 has such a small effect that it cannot be discerned from noise. Recent research has shown that CO2 can only be responsible for 0.024 deg C. Far below the MOE for most models.

The faulty assumption started 40 years ago. Today they just refuse to see that natural climate variation did not stop and CO2 is not wholly responsible for the warming we have seen. CO2's so minor that it is far less than the expected rise from CO2 alone. With UHI and its effect on the temperatures CO2 has such a small effect that it cannot be discerned from noise. Recent research has shown that CO2 can only be responsible for 0.024 deg C. Far below the MOE for most models.
Billy Joe Bob, as I live and breathe.

Now what recent research showed that CO2 can only be responsible for 0.024 degrees warming?

Billy Joe Bob, as I live and breathe.

Now what recent research showed that CO2 can only be responsible for 0.024 degrees warming?
Its amazing how many people still believe the myth of man's CO2 induced warming. The log of this gas shows there should have been just a mear 1.8 deg C warming from CO2 alone. Yet we have only seen 0.6 deg C warming overall. When we remove natural variation components and UHI it leaves almost zero affect that can be caused by CO2.

Sad that you still believe the deceptions..

Its amazing how many people still believe the myth of man's CO2 induced warming. The log of this gas shows there should have been just a mear 1.8 deg C warming from CO2 alone. Yet we have only seen 0.6 deg C warming overall. When we remove natural variation components and UHI it leaves almost zero affect that can be caused by CO2.

Sad that you still believe the deceptions..
So, Billy. You said that research showed that CO2 could only be responsible for 0.024 degrees of warming. That's pretty specific. I'd really like to read that research. Can you help me find it?

We need to see a link to this Billy Boy.

Forum List

Back