🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Coke Congressman Votes FOR Drug Testing for SNAP Recipients

Radel was given one year probation and a $250. fine for buying 3.5 grams of powder coke.
What would a minority or poor man have gotten?

The poor man would have gotten turned into a snitch, offered a deal ... And possibly a guest spot on a future episode of COPS.
The police would have encouraged him to help them bust his regular dealer ... And set him out on the streets with a pocket full of tax-payer money.

I don't know ... Just a guess ... But it has happened before.

Edit:
Without making an excuse for Radel ... It was a misdemeanor drug possession charge and a first offense.
In some states ... He could have paid the fine, agreed to attend 4 independent voluntary drug counseling sessions, completed 40-80 hours of community service ... Not had to serve any probation and had that part of his record wiped.

Last edited:
Pretty close to entrapment. An undercover police officer sells cocaine and then arrests the person he sells it to. At least that's how it looks like it went down.
Maybe we should release all prisoners who were arrested by entrapment.

Republicans are evil for promoting morality and standards and then being human and screwing up.

Democrats are heros for standing up for women's 'constitutional right' to abort during the thrid trimester.

You know, you just have to love Florida. It's one of them most screwed up Red States there is:

Trey Radel, Busted On Cocaine Charge, Voted For Drug Testing Food Stamp Recipients

WASHINGTON -- In September, Rep. Trey Radel voted for Republican legislation that would allow states to make food stamp recipients pee in cups to prove they're not on drugs. In October, police busted the Florida Republican on a charge of cocaine possession.

This is what I mean about the sheer hypocrisy of the far right. They are evil incarnate.

Trey Radel, Busted On Cocaine Charge, Voted For Drug Testing Food Stamp Recipients

The irony, huh? :cuckoo:

Totally. And the rebuttals in this thread? Just as :cuckoo:

If you can call them rebuttals. Mostly seems to be a bunch of third graders closing their eyes, stomping their feet, and screaming "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?!"

Whats wrong with saying if you have a job we won't test you for pot and stuff, but if you want a government handout, pee in a cup?

I find zero hypocricy with that, which is what Nobrainspartypleez is aiming for.

The irony, huh? :cuckoo:

If you can call them rebuttals. Mostly seems to be a bunch of third graders closing their eyes, stomping their feet, and screaming "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?!"

Whats wrong with saying if you have a job we won't test you for pot and stuff, but if you want a government handout, pee in a cup?

I find zero hypocricy with that, which is what Nobrainspartypleez is aiming for.

Pardon? It sounds like you're spouting gibberish. Who would want a drug-using employee?

This is the mentality of the left: requiring individuals to pass a drug test in order to receive government assistance for food or housing is EVIL. Supporting legislation allowing late term abortion and partial birth abortion funded by tax payer money is fighting for the constitution.

It is a sick and twisted way of thinking.

Can you show the link showing that Radel was on food stamps?

If USMB handed out awards for the stupidest post, you would win hands down.

Seems like a legitimate question to me. He got busted with drugs. Fine. But unless he's on a welfare program....oh, wait. Nevermind. He is on a welfare program. it's called workign for government. A jobs program for otherwise unemployable individuals.

Carry on

There you go. Spot on.

Pardon? It sounds like you're spouting gibberish. Who would want a drug-using employee?

PRECISELY!!!!!!! And if you are on government assistance, wouldn't you want to HELP them become able to get employment!?!?!? Why are you so against the idea of people getting government assistance from not using illegal drugs?

I wouldn't want a drug addicted employee, but contrary to after school special thought processes, people can be recreational users of various drugs and still be perfectly functional members of society. Naturally you don't want high truck drivers and construction workers, but if some IT wonk lights up every evening and raids the nearest white castle, who cares as long as he isn't a drag on society?

People on welfare are not contributing anything to society, and based on their current status are more than likely not to be able to handle recreational use of things like pot. There is no moral quandary on placing restrictions on people who are on the government dole.

Now mr congressman should be convicted, and probably removed from office because he did break the law, but his vote on requiring welfare people to pee in a cup doesn't really bother me.

Wanna do crack? Get a job and pay for it.

Why can't a "welfare" recipient grow their own pot?

Do we allow them to drink and smoke cigarettes?

Seriously? That's your argument to non-liberals? You're not the sort of person who should play with matches...

If you can't answer, just say so.

Other than liberals, nobody thinks that people who are taking other people's money to pay for their food should be spending money on cigarettes or booze. What is wrong with you? Seriously?

And your contribution to getting the thread back on track is?

There is no point to this thread. A bunch of liberals circle jerking themselves, reassuring each other of how evil and what hypocrites Republicans are.

Again, leftists constantly do this when a conservative screws up because conservatives profess to have morality and standards.

When Barney Frank gets caught running a homosexual brothel out of his house or the president of the United States gets caught lying about having an affair in the Oval Office--well they never professed to have any morality. They aren't hypocrites, just being a liberal.

You really do not see the Hypocrisy in voting to drug test food stamp recipients while you, yourself on taking drugs? REALLY? Do you have a challenge with cognitive reasoning or something?

He is a typical Tea party type. Do as I say, but don't do what I do.

Some people just never learned how to articulate their thoughts in the written word. But I can't figure out what the hell he means either.

There is no point to this thread. A bunch of liberals circle jerking themselves, reassuring each other of how evil and what hypocrites Republicans are.

Again, leftists constantly do this when a conservative screws up because conservatives profess to have morality and standards.

When Barney Frank gets caught running a homosexual brothel out of his house or the president of the United States gets caught lying about having an affair in the Oval Office--well they never professed to have any morality. They aren't hypocrites, just being a liberal.

You really do not see the Hypocrisy in voting to drug test food stamp recipients while you, yourself on taking drugs? REALLY? Do you have a challenge with cognitive reasoning or something?

If he were on the dole and gave himself an exemption then it would be hypocricy. Right now he's just a criminal.

It doesn't even occur to these idiots that Radel's cognitive abilities might just be a little impaired, either. Note they are giving the guy a pass by omission.

I've already admitted what the man did was wrong and hypocritical. I also said I support random drug testing elected representatives. Do you have a challenge reading or something.

This thread is dedicated to harping on the obvious misconduct of one man to make a larger point: that drug testing those receiving government assistance is wrong. It is a strawman argument that does not contain any substance.

Getting the poor off drugs helps them. Welfare reform, that I'm sure you are against as well, helps them.

If he were on the dole and gave himself an exemption then it would be hypocricy. Right now he's just a criminal.

Honey, they are ALL on the dole...the corporate dole, you idiot. THat's how he affords the stuff in the first place.

If USMB handed out awards for the stupidest post, you would win hands down.

Seems like a legitimate question to me. He got busted with drugs. Fine. But unless he's on a welfare program....oh, wait. Nevermind. He is on a welfare program. it's called workign for government. A jobs program for otherwise unemployable individuals.

Carry on

There you go. Spot on.

That wasn't what you meant.

Let's discuss hypocrisy:

Democrats who vote for higher taxes and cheat on their taxes: Rangle, Daschle, Clinton, Clinton, ...

Democrats who advocate higher taxes then hire expensive accountants and attorneys to avoid paying taxes: Buffett, Gates...

Democrats who say they should pay higher taxes then don't, and didn't give squat to charity until they were in national office despite having two six figure earners in the house: Obama and Obama.

Democratic activist Kathleen Wiley was sold out by Democrats because the criminal was a liberal Democrat. Black, female, Hispanic and gays who are not liberal are publicly lynched.

I think the guy is a moron who deserves to be sent home. But the idea that you leftists are attacking him for "hypocrisy" is ... hypocrisy ...

Forum List

Back