Coldest Winter in 100 Years

My impression of Edthecynic:

:::fingers in ears::::

La La LA! I can't hear you! La la la!

:::eyes squeezed shut:::

You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe!

You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe! You can't make me believe!

Edthesickdick is special.

From his park bench igloo in midtown Atlanta, someday, Edthesickdick will be worried to death that the Global Warming -- errr -- the MANMADE Global Warming is someday going to make these glorious mid-summer Southern days almost above freezing!

No, that would be you.

you may be right because according to east angelia, earth is not experiencing any warming at present.
baloney!
You complain of cherry picking yet Mann, Jones and Hansen based their research off of 3 cherry picked trees in Siberia.

I refer you to the case of Pot v. Kettle

Really?

Yet all of the studies after Mann confirmed the essentials of his graph. Even those scientists that condemned his methods got the same results using their preferred methods.

Dr. James Hansen is simply the most respected climatologist in the world today. As much as you ideologues hate that, it will not change.

Instead, you cling to people that have never published a peer reviewed paper, and that have been shown time and again to be shameless liars, like Watt and pretend Lord Monkton.

You complain of cherry picking yet Mann, Jones and Hansen based their research off of 3 cherry picked trees in Siberia.

Really?

Yet all of the studies after Mann confirmed the essentials of his graph. Even those scientists that condemned his methods got the same results using their preferred methods.

Dr. James Hansen is simply the most respected climatologist in the world today. As much as you ideologues hate that, it will not change.

Instead, you cling to people that have never published a peer reviewed paper, and that have been shown time and again to be shameless liars, like Watt and pretend Lord Monkton.

Mann has been outed as a lying sack of shit.

And Hansen is too interested in saving what's left of his fearmongering warming legacy.

:rolleyes:

Really?

The peer review groups are stacked with warmers. Protecting their interests as usual, means the results are going to be negative regardless. Having my paper reviewed by people who admitedly supress information and other views really is a waste of time. I respect Lord Monkton way more than Hansen.

No, that would be you.

Chris, would you please explain this little fact. Mars temperatures are changing too at the same rate as Earth. Put that intellectual brain of yours to work on this problem and explain how this could be, because I just don't beleive that there are martians who are driving around the planet, polluting mars with all that C02.

Climate change hits Mars - Times Online

From The Sunday Times April 29, 2007

Climate change hits Mars
Recommend? (26)
Mars is being hit by rapid climate change and it is happening so fast that the red planet could lose its southern ice cap, writes Jonathan Leake.

Scientists from Nasa say that Mars has warmed by about 0.5C since the 1970s. This is similar to the warming experienced on Earth over approximately the same period.

Last edited:

No, that would be you.
funny-pictures-cats-heckle-you.jpg

Would this be using the deliberately corrupted model that included data in it's number set CAUSING the hockey stick? Aka 'doing the trick'?

It's strange. Since outed, nobody can seem to make the data 'do the trick' anymore in honest investigation after they pull out the fraudulent data.

Would this be using the deliberately corrupted model that included data in it's number set CAUSING the hockey stick? Aka 'doing the trick'?

It's strange. Since outed, nobody can seem to make the data 'do the trick' anymore in honest investigation after they pull out the fraudulent data.

Great point!

Warmers need to be deprogrammed, you can't reason with them

Warmers need to be deprogrammed, you can't reason with them
Someone go fetch Groundskeeper Willie and a trio of Hoverbikes!

Another willfully ignorant ass.

Novel Analysis Confirms Climate "Hockey Stick" Graph: Scientific American

The “hockey stick” graph has been both a linchpin and target in the climate change debate. As a plot of average Northern Hemisphere temperature from two millennia ago to the present, it stays relatively flat until the 20th century, when it rises up sharply, like the blade of an upturned hockey stick. Warming skeptics have long decried how the temperatures were inferred, but a new reconstruction of the past 600 years, using an entirely different method, finds similar results and may help remove lingering doubts.

The hockey stick came to life in 1998 thanks to the work of Michael Mann, now at Pennsylvania State University, and his colleagues (and many other climate scientists who subsequently refined the graph). Reconstructing historical temperatures is difficult: investigators must combine information from tree rings, coral drilling, pinecones, ice cores and other natural records and then convert them to temperatures at specific times and places in the past. Such proxies for temperature can be sparse or incomplete, both geographically and through time. Mann’s method used the overlap, where it exists, of recent proxy data and instrument data (such as from thermometers) to estimate relations between them. It calculates earlier temperatures using a mathematical extrapolation technique [see “Behind the Hockey Stick,” by David Appell, Insights; Scientific American, March 2005].

No, that would be you.

Chris, would you please explain this little fact. Mars temperatures are changing too at the same rate as Earth. Put that intellectual brain of yours to work on this problem and explain how this could be, because I just don't beleive that there are martians who are driving around the planet, polluting mars with all that C02.

Climate change hits Mars
Recommend? (26)
Mars is being hit by rapid climate change and it is happening so fast that the red planet could lose its southern ice cap, writes Jonathan Leake.

Scientists from Nasa say that Mars has warmed by about 0.5C since the 1970s. This is similar to the warming experienced on Earth over approximately the same period.

Why don't you explain that while Mars is warming, Neptune is cooling? What is the why of that? And tell me, since you yapping fools have been saying that we are in a cooling trend because of a solar minimum, why the hell Mars is warming?

Have you ever considered going to google and checking on what scientists are saying on the subject?

No, that would be you.

Climate change hits Mars
Recommend? (26)

Why don't you explain that while Mars is warming, Neptune is cooling? What is the why of that? And tell me, since you yapping fools have been saying that we are in a cooling trend because of a solar minimum, why the hell Mars is warming?

Have you ever considered going to google and checking on what scientists are saying on the subject?
Better still. Explain how human kind is causing Mars to warm and Uranus to cool.

Another willfully ignorant ass.

Novel Analysis Confirms Climate "Hockey Stick" Graph: Scientific American

The “hockey stick” graph has been both a linchpin and target in the climate change debate. As a plot of average Northern Hemisphere temperature from two millennia ago to the present, it stays relatively flat until the 20th century, when it rises up sharply, like the blade of an upturned hockey stick. Warming skeptics have long decried how the temperatures were inferred, but a new reconstruction of the past 600 years, using an entirely different method, finds similar results and may help remove lingering doubts.

The hockey stick came to life in 1998 thanks to the work of Michael Mann, now at Pennsylvania State University, and his colleagues (and many other climate scientists who subsequently refined the graph). Reconstructing historical temperatures is difficult: investigators must combine information from tree rings, coral drilling, pinecones, ice cores and other natural records and then convert them to temperatures at specific times and places in the past. Such proxies for temperature can be sparse or incomplete, both geographically and through time. Mann’s method used the overlap, where it exists, of recent proxy data and instrument data (such as from thermometers) to estimate relations between them. It calculates earlier temperatures using a mathematical extrapolation technique [see “Behind the Hockey Stick,” by David Appell, Insights; Scientific American, March 2005].
Quotes taken directly from the model's code:

; Plots 24 yearly maps of calibrated (PCR-infilled or not) MXD reconstructions
; of growing season temperatures. Uses "corrected" MXD - but shouldn't usually
; plot past 1960 because these will be artificially adjusted to look closer to
; the real temperatures.

and

; Computes regressions on full, high and low pass Esper et al. (2002) series,
; anomalies against full NH temperatures and other series.
; CALIBRATES IT AGAINST THE LAND-ONLY TEMPERATURES NORTH OF 20 N
;
; Specify period over which to compute the regressions (stop in 1960 to avoid
; the decline

and

;mknormal,yyy,timey,refperiod=[1881,1940]
;
; Apply a VERY ARTIFICAL correction for decline!!
;
yrloc=[1400,findgen(19)*5.+1904]
valadj=[0.,0.,0.,0.,0.,-0.1,-0.25,-0.3,0.,-0.1,0.3,0.8,1.2,1.7,2.5,2.6,2.6,$
2.6,2.6,2.6]*0.75 ; fudge factor
(...)
;
; APPLY ARTIFICIAL CORRECTION
;
yearlyadj=interpol(valadj,yrloc,x)
densall=densall+yearlyadj

For a huge chunk of the data being hidden by the Hadley CRU, go here.

Hide the Decline

Oops, fucking oops oops OOPS!

Last edited:
And for those who wish to peruse the Hadley CRU emails to see what Jones, Hansen, Mann, et all were saying while hiding the truth of their fraud. Go here.

Searchable East Anglia Emails

Cue Ole Crocks, Chris and others saying "but they don't mean anything!"

Trust them or trust your own lying eyes. Your choice.

Forum List

Back