Colin Powell Exposed!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "O’Reilly Confronts Colin Powell In Wide-Ranging Interview On Obama And GOP’s Racial Politics

2. General Colin Powell has been very critical of the Republican party in recent years, and tonight he appeared on Bill O’Reilly‘s show to defend his criticisms of the GOP. O’Reilly grilled Powell on why he continues to support President Obama....made him defend his claim that the Republican party has a problem with minorities.

3. Powell explained to O’Reilly that he was put off in 2008 and 2012 by the economic plans proposed by the Republican campaigns.

4. ....saying that he is “troubled” by the rightward shift of the party and decided Obama was the “best choice” for the presidency.

5. O’Reilly pointed out that the economy under Obama has not been particularly kind to African-Americans. Powell said that overall the economy has improved,.....

6. ...suggesting that if they want to endear themselves to minorities, they cannot keep pushing for immigration and voter ID laws that adversely affect minority groups.

7. ...said he opposes “additional levels” of ID that would disenfranchise many people, while disputing the idea that voter fraud is a widespread problem.

8. O’Reilly more directly took on Powell over his claim that parts of the Republican party “still look down on minorities.” O’Reilly highlighted Powell’s criticisms of John Sununu and Sarah Palin for, respectively, calling Obama “lazy” and criticizing his “shuck and jive” on Benghazi. Powell clarified that he does not believe Sununu and Palin and racists,...."
O?Reilly Confronts Colin Powell In Wide-Ranging Interview On Obama And GOP?s Racial Politics | Mediaite

What a fraud!!!

How so?

His big criticism was the phrases “lazy” and “shuck and jive” ....but, heck, 'they're not racists!'
Then why are you painting 'em as racist????
And paint the party that gave him his singular accomplishments as racist....just to make sure Obama won the election.

And "Powell said that overall the economy has improved,.." then fate comes around and bites him in the butt: "U.S. economy contracts for first time since recession"- GDP report: U.S. economy contracts in the fourth quarter of 2012 - Jan. 30, 2013

....and this before Obama's payroll tax kicks in!!
Facts skewer Powell!

"...pushing for immigration and voter ID laws..."
Studies have shown that photo ID has no effect on minority turnout. Another Democrat talking point from Powell.

And a former National Security Adviser opposed to knowing who was coming across the border???

What a charlatan.

And he knows folks know it, he knows why he should be ashamed!
That's why he went on the O'Reilly show.

Who wants to be the first to tell the real reason for turncoat-Powell's behavior?

Last edited:
Powell is an individual of modest intelligence who is defensive about being an AA poster child.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDNs9aDRjmQ]O'Reilly Confronts Colin Powell On Obama & GOP's Racial Politics - YouTube[/ame]

We can all criticize the Democratic Party. What I fail to understand is how and why one would defend the other side of the same coin, the Republican Party. Neither presents the real way forward, new answers to new questions, fresh plans for an unprecedented era.

As for Powell, he is obviously a highly intelligent individual, eloquent speaker and seems clear of scandal. While it could be called scandalous that he presented a totally false case to the UN in the lead-up to the immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq, that was perhaps done in ignorance on his part. It could also help explain his disenchantment with the party associated with that President and that deception.

Powell is an individual of modest intelligence who is defensive about being an AA poster child.

Nope....wrong answer.

Military advancement is usually associated with higher education and degrees.

From Wikipedia:

Colin Luther Powell was born on April 5, 1937,[6] in Harlem, a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Manhattan, to Jamaican immigrant parents Maud Arial (née McKoy) and Luther Theophilus Powell. He also has Scottish ancestry.[7][8] Powell was raised in the South Bronx and attended Morris High School, a former public school in the Bronx, from which he graduated in 1954. While at school, he worked at a local baby furniture store where he picked up Yiddish from the shopkeepers and some of the customers.[9] He received his Bachelor of Science degree in geology from the City College of New York in 1958 and was a self-admitted C average student. He was later able to earn a Master of Business Administration degree from the George Washington University in 1971, after his second tour in Vietnam.

Captain Powell served a tour in Vietnam as a South Vietnamese Army adviser from 1962 to 1963. While on patrol in a Viet Cong-held area, he was wounded by stepping on a punji stake.[15] The large infection made it difficult for him to walk, and caused his foot to swell for a short time, shortening his first tour.

He returned to Vietnam as a major in 1968, serving in the Americal Division (23rd Infantry Division), then as assistant chief of staff of operations for the Americal Division. During the second tour in Vietnam he was decorated for bravery after he survived a helicopter crash, single-handedly rescuing three others, including division commander Major General Charles Martin Gettys, from the burning wreckage.[14][16] He was charged with investigating a detailed letter by Tom Glen (a soldier from the 11th Light Infantry Brigade), which backed up rumored allegations of the My Lai Massacre. Powell wrote: "In direct refutation of this portrayal is the fact that relations between American soldiers and the Vietnamese people are excellent." Later, Powell's assessment would be described as whitewashing the news of the massacre, and questions would continue to remain undisclosed to the public. In May 2004 Powell said to television and radio host Larry King, "I mean, I was in a unit that was responsible for My Lai. I got there after My Lai happened. So, in war, these sorts of horrible things happen every now and again, but they are still to be deplored."[17]

Why are conservatives so afraid of Colin Powell?

fear and disgust are two different things

voter id does not single out any ethnic group nor does tighter immigration laws.

it's the race card all over again
lazy = racism ? what a crock of shit

Again, it's the libs being racist by claiming that most people who are too inept to obtain a legal ID are minorities. They assume that minorities are not capable of anything except applying for government help.

Nope....wrong answer.

Military advancement is usually associated with higher education and degrees.

From Wikipedia:

Colin Luther Powell was born on April 5, 1937,[6] in Harlem, a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Manhattan, to Jamaican immigrant parents Maud Arial (née McKoy) and Luther Theophilus Powell. He also has Scottish ancestry.[7][8] Powell was raised in the South Bronx and attended Morris High School, a former public school in the Bronx, from which he graduated in 1954. While at school, he worked at a local baby furniture store where he picked up Yiddish from the shopkeepers and some of the customers.[9] He received his Bachelor of Science degree in geology from the City College of New York in 1958 and was a self-admitted C average student. He was later able to earn a Master of Business Administration degree from the George Washington University in 1971, after his second tour in Vietnam.

Captain Powell served a tour in Vietnam as a South Vietnamese Army adviser from 1962 to 1963. While on patrol in a Viet Cong-held area, he was wounded by stepping on a punji stake.[15] The large infection made it difficult for him to walk, and caused his foot to swell for a short time, shortening his first tour.

He returned to Vietnam as a major in 1968, serving in the Americal Division (23rd Infantry Division), then as assistant chief of staff of operations for the Americal Division. During the second tour in Vietnam he was decorated for bravery after he survived a helicopter crash, single-handedly rescuing three others, including division commander Major General Charles Martin Gettys, from the burning wreckage.[14][16] He was charged with investigating a detailed letter by Tom Glen (a soldier from the 11th Light Infantry Brigade), which backed up rumored allegations of the My Lai Massacre. Powell wrote: "In direct refutation of this portrayal is the fact that relations between American soldiers and the Vietnamese people are excellent." Later, Powell's assessment would be described as whitewashing the news of the massacre, and questions would continue to remain undisclosed to the public. In May 2004 Powell said to television and radio host Larry King, "I mean, I was in a unit that was responsible for My Lai. I got there after My Lai happened. So, in war, these sorts of horrible things happen every now and again, but they are still to be deplored."[17]

I am familiar with Powell's biography, woodie....and the claim by Bill Clinton that he achieved his rank as a result of affirmative action.....

No, I don't believe that is the case.

But this is: as happens to ever single black who espouses conservative views, or joins the Republican party, they are exposed to a level of vituperation a degree of magnitude greater than that heaped on white conservatives or Republicans.
Many come from their kin folk.

For some, this is more than they can bear. They say 'enough!' and try to make amends....

Zora Neale Hurston was right, “All your skin folks ain’t your kin folks. And all your color ain’t your kind!”
Hurston was a Republican who was generally sympathetic to the Old Right and a fan of Booker T. Washington's self-help politics. She disagreed with the philosophies (including Communism and the New Deal) supported by many of her colleagues in the Harlem Renaissance.

Seems Colin Powell isn't Zora Neale Hurston's kind.

I am not afraid of him. The man thinks he is Republican. As a former NSA advisor, he equates the notion of enforcing current immigration and border security as "new immigration laws." God Bless him but I think he's slipping. I am just glad he's not heading NSA anymore.... Then I would be afraid.

voter id does not single out any ethnic group nor does tighter immigration laws.

It comes across as fear as a lot of the attacks against him seem to be nonsensical and bitter.

It comes across as fear as a lot of the attacks against him seem to be nonsensical and bitter.

his racist rants are nonsensical and bitter

I like bitters in an Orange Martini;

2 oz gin or vodka
1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 oz dry vermouth
dash of orange bitters
orange twist for garnish

His big criticism was the phrases “lazy” and “shuck and jive” ....but, heck, 'they're not racists!'
Then why are you painting 'em as racist????
And paint the party that gave him his singular accomplishments as racist....just to make sure Obama won the election.

Did Powell bring up these gentlemen? Did he mention them at all?

article-2223017-15799778000005DC-571_224x423.jpg

article-2223017-158D3556000005DC-261_224x423.jpg

Previous use: Both White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, left, and then-New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo have come under fire for using the phrase

Sarah Palin race row after using slave term 'shuck and jive' to describe President Obama | Mail Online

I like bitters in an Orange Martini;

2 oz gin or vodka
1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 oz dry vermouth
dash of orange bitters
orange twist for garnish

Nice.
As vodka has a faint vanilla taste, I go this way.
2 oz of a good vodka (Grey Goose per example)
Look at a bottle of vermouth and keep on moving
A couple of drops of vanilla syrup (the stuff for coffee)
Shake with ice.
Pour a few drops of Grand Marnier into the Martini Glass and coat the inside of the glass by swishing the Grand Marnier around the glass.
Pour the shaken Martini and add an olive or two. I purchase Olives that are stored in Olive Oil versus pickle juice.
Now the best part,,,,,,sip away!

Forum List

Back