Colleges will be done with the minute government gets involved

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
The minute colleges go public they will be destroyed by the government. Just look at public high schools as an example. Diplomas are given away with standards slowly being lowered so everyone can have a high school diploma because we can't actually say NO to every dumb kid out there. Then colleges will have to be 'diversified' which means diversity quotas will have to be met. Slowly standards will be lowered so they can make these quotas. Since everyone thinks the main job of government is to provide them with things they naturally believe that everyone (how can anyone be denied a diploma in a fair society) has to be given the same things as everyone else. Diplomas for everyone, even for people who can't get them. I guess if a lot of people didn't have this 'give-me' mentality in this country it wouldn't be so much of a problem but since the opposite is true everyone will get a diploma, everyone will get fields medal, everyone will get what the top 1% of educated adults have.

There are also thousands of very good grade schools and high schools in this country. Just because some of them suck doesn't mean they all do.

There are also thousands of very good grade schools and high schools in this country. Just because some of them suck doesn't mean they all do.

I'm sure there are some really great post offices around as well. This doesn't mean the entire system is really awesome.

I earned a degree from The Ohio State University.

My father earned his degree from Bowling Green State University. My mother earned her degree at Penn State. My doctor graduated from Kent State University. My lawyer earned his law degree from Youngstown State University.

All these fine institutions are state universities.

Perhaps the OP does not realize that there are great institutions of higher learning beyond for profit colleges.

My father earned his degree from Bowling Green State University. My mother earned her degree at Penn State. My doctor graduated from Kent State University. My lawyer earned his law degree from Youngstown State University.

Perhaps the OP does not realize that there are great institutions of higher learning beyond for profit colleges.

Most of those colleges are not directly ran by the government because their isn't an electable school board that I know of. In fact, I believe they borrow from their purely private counterparts on how they are to be ran.

Most of those colleges are not directly ran by the government because their isn't an electable school board that I know of. In fact, I believe they borrow from their purely private counterparts on how they are to be ran.
Well said. Are you a graduate of Trump University?

From which college did you graduate?

High School dropout. Why go to school when the government is going to give you everything for free in life.

Well said. Are you a graduate of Trump University?

That is probably one of those six month courses that teach you how to invest in real estate. I see nothing wrong with it because it is the American dream to be rich and if people are willing to work hard and take risk to do it then what is wrong with the Trump university.

The minute colleges go public they will be destroyed by the government. Just look at public high schools as an example. Diplomas are given away with standards slowly being lowered so everyone can have a high school diploma because we can't actually say NO to every dumb kid out there. Then colleges will have to be 'diversified' which means diversity quotas will have to be met. Slowly standards will be lowered so they can make these quotas. Since everyone thinks the main job of government is to provide them with things they naturally believe that everyone (how can anyone be denied a diploma in a fair society) has to be given the same things as everyone else. Diplomas for everyone, even for people who can't get them. I guess if a lot of people didn't have this 'give-me' mentality in this country it wouldn't be so much of a problem but since the opposite is true everyone will get a diploma, everyone will get fields medal, everyone will get what the top 1% of educated adults have.
Ok whats the catch? You cant possibly be this much of an idiot.

High School dropout. Why go to school when the government is going to give you everything for free in life.
Education? No one can give you an education if you dont go get it.

You do realize that there are thousands of public universities in this country, many of which are counted among the best in the world?

They usually get to operate with a great deal of autonomy.

Have you abandoned your OP already?

How can they have any autonomy if they're "done" the minute the government gets involved?

There have been public universities operating in the United States since 1795. How come they're not "done" yet?

You do realize that there are thousands of public universities in this country, many of which are counted among the best in the world?

They usually get to operate with a great deal of autonomy.

Have you abandoned your OP already?

How can they have any autonomy if they're "done" the minute the government gets involved?

There have been public universities operating in the United States since 1795. How come they're not "done" yet?

I believe that is before that moment happens when someone thinks it is a good idea for the government to cease control of all colleges and decide how they should be ran. It was a warning for the future. Public schools might be better if they were allowed to operate in the same manor as an independent bureaucracy. Teachers and educators being fuckin control of the school instead of some politician.

I'll throw that up there with 'stay in school' and many other catch phrases we throw at kids.

I'm sure there are some really great post offices around as well. This doesn't mean the entire system is really awesome.
Who the fuck said they are really awesome? Your logic in the OP is that the public school system is terrible because some public schools are bad. You are once again proving yourself to be an inbred twat.

I'll throw that up there with 'stay in school' and many other catch phrases we throw at kids.
Dont throw it. Keep it and internalize it. Obviously no one told you to stay in school if your OP is an example of your educational level.

Forum List

Back