Colorado appeals court backs gay couple in wedding cake dispute

People, bake the damn cake, it's not hard. And the Supremes have already rejected crap like this, as they should.

So you believe in forced labor.

Good to know.

According to Colorado law you can't refuse to do labor that you would normally do on account of objecting to the would be client's sexual orientation.

How about because they just disgust you.
Nothing is stopping you from being 'disgusted.'

'"Nothing in the record supports the conclusion that a reasonable observer would interpret Masterpiece's providing a wedding cake for a same-sex couple as an endorsement of same-sex marriage rather than a reflection of its desire to conduct business in accordance with Colorado's public accommodations law," it added.

It said the bakery remains free to continue espousing its beliefs, including opposition to gay marriage.

"However, if it wishes to operate as a public accommodation and conduct business within the State of Colorado, CADA prohibits it from picking and choosing customers based on their sexual orientation," the court wrote.'

So someone should be forced to work when they are physically ill, threatening their health.

Hell you liberals allow mothers to murder their babies for less than that.

So here are the people protected by Colorado's public accommodation laws- which 'bakers' can't refuse cakes to just because they are 'X'-

Do you think Bakers should be able to refuse to sell someone a cake because of a persons:

1. disability,
  2. race,
  3. creed,
  4. color,
  5. sex,
  6. sexual orientation,
  7. marital status,
  8. family status,
  9. religion,
  10. national origin,
  11. or ancestry
Yes
Then what have YOU been actively doing to get rid of PA laws in your state?

People, bake the damn cake, it's not hard. And the Supremes have already rejected crap like this, as they should.

Good to know.

According to Colorado law you can't refuse to do labor that you would normally do on account of objecting to the would be client's sexual orientation.

Well, I find your discriminatory attitude damn disgusting! Denying any rights to another that you enjoy simply by reason of some trait in another is right, proper and Constitutional? But no matter how disgusting I find your discrimination, and who knows where you draw the line, I'd help defend the Constitutional rights of you and other bat shit crazy Evangelicals like you.

So here are the people protected by Colorado's public accommodation laws- which 'bakers' can't refuse cakes to just because they are 'X'-

Do you think Bakers should be able to refuse to sell someone a cake because of a persons:

1. disability,
  2. race,
  3. creed,
  4. color,
  5. sex,
  6. sexual orientation,
  7. marital status,
  8. family status,
  9. religion,
  10. national origin,
  11. or ancestry
Yes

Plenty. My wife and I are elected officials in the Republican Party. We work getting Republicans elected to office.

We work on legislative committees to help get bills passed. There will be some bills in the next legislative session..

Good to know.

Well, I find your discriminatory attitude damn disgusting! Denying any rights to another that you enjoy simply by reason of some trait in another is right, proper and Constitutional? But no matter how disgusting I find your discrimination, and who knows where you draw the line, I'd help defend the Constitutional rights of you and other bat shit crazy Evangelicals like you.

You are confused, I'm not a believer.

Good to know.

You are confused, I'm not a believer.

Don't give me that! In your post previous to the one I'm responding, you fully admit to being in the priesthood of the GOP!

We need a Star Chamber. Some extra judicial group that goes around seeing that justice is done.

What else do we have to do for other people? Is the government going to force us to smile at a "gay wedding"? I'm just kind of curious how far can the government go in forcing us to do things. Do ring makers have to make gay wedding bans? This whole thing is f'n stupid but we have to make a cake. Better get making a cake or else!
This is real easy...No matter what the courts say, at the end of the day a business owner has absolute discretion with whom he wishes to do business.
The smart thing to do is just keep one's mouth shut and smile..
But some of these religious zealots feel the need to be outspoken. They claim their right to free speech is being trampled upon....
Smart people rightfully think 'discretion is the better part of valor'...
So for example, if a baker with strong religious views declines to do a cake for a gay wedding, instead of telling the couple " I don't do gay weddings", they simply make up some legitimate reason for not taking the couple's money and move on.....
Easy peasy. Japeneasy....

What business is it of a baker where his cake is going to be used? There is no sacred religious meaning to a wedding cake. There is no valid religious grounds for refusing to make one. His refusal to serve these peoples' order was descriminatory towards them because or their sexual orientation.

The appeals court is correct.
blah blah blah....Next time you find yourself in a scary situation, do not call on God to save you.....Just DIE....This way , you can truly say you deny the existence of anyone's religious beliefs.....for purely political reasons.

Good to know.

That is NOT what the Colorado law states. Not even close......
This is about what are vaguely described as "public accommodations"....

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on gay marriage. You're not going to un-gay someone by denying them pizza or cake--LOL. Get over it!

1. disability,
  2. race,
  3. creed,
  4. color,
  5. sex,
  6. sexual orientation,
  7. marital status,
  8. family status,
  9. religion,
  10. national origin,
  11. or ancestry
Yes

Plenty. My wife and I are elected officials in the Republican Party. We work getting Republicans elected to office.

We work on legislative committees to help get bills passed. There will be some bills in the next legislative session..
So you have pushed to get all PA laws in your state repealed.....ok, what state?

What business is it of a baker where his cake is going to be used? There is no sacred religious meaning to a wedding cake. There is no valid religious grounds for refusing to make one. His refusal to serve these peoples' order was descriminatory towards them because or their sexual orientation.

The appeals court is correct.
blah blah blah....Next time you find yourself in a scary situation, do not call on God to save you.....Just DIE....This way , you can truly say you deny the existence of anyone's religious beliefs.....for purely political reasons.
do not call on God to save you

Yes braying to jebus really helps save lives :badgrin:

1. disability,
  2. race,
  3. creed,
  4. color,
  5. sex,
  6. sexual orientation,
  7. marital status,
  8. family status,
  9. religion,
  10. national origin,
  11. or ancestry
Did you just make up that list?.....
The question is irrelevant.
The owner refused to accommodate a gay couple based on religious grounds.
If the owner had a decent attorney that knew his way around Constitutional arguments and could present case law supporting religious objections( narrow scope) the courts would have no choice but to rule in favor of the respondent.
Now, a few observations.....
In your list...
What is the difference between "sex"and "sexual orientation"......Question....Have you ever heard of the fitness centers known as "Curves"?...These are female only centers. Males are excluded...Now, if a man wished to join and was denied based on gender( discrimination) would you object on the same grounds as the baker who refused to do business with the gay couple?
Define "creed"....As you know it. Do not look it up....
What is the difference between "race" and "Color"?.....
Oh....BTW....Just in case you try, answers to the question relating to the fitness center, answers such as " there are other gyms for the man to choose from" are unacceptable because the same could be said about bakeries for the gay couple to patronize.....
Have at it....

Forum List

Back