Colorado baker told to bake that cake

No, not really. The funny thing is, a gay wedding cake is no different than a straight wedding cake, and gay people have been ordering them long before gay marriage became legal. In fact, at the time the original couple sued this piece of garbage, gay marriage was illegal in Colorado, but discriminating against gays in the sale of products was still a violation of the PA laws.

Which is why he is in violation of the law.

It would be just the same if he took an order for Mr. Smith, and then refused to give Mr. Smith the cake when he came in and turned out to be a black man.
There is no evidence yet to suggest Phillips doesn’t serve gay people in general. Only that he doesn’t use his craft for gay/trans ceremonies.

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to m y stomach.
1. Most "Christians" believe it is okay to eat shellfish
2. If an adulterer walked into his bakery and announced he cheated on his wife and needs a cake to CELEBRATE that, I'm betting he would throw the guy out

Try harder. You're just a homo loving fool

I think the baker should have made the cake, and when the customer opened the box and found it contained a fruit pie, simply explain that Cake is just a human construct and the cake must have transitioned into a Pie.

Much more symbolic for the celebration anyway.

Last edited:
2. If an adulterer walked into his bakery and announced he cheated on his wife and needs a cake to CELEBRATE that, I'm betting he would throw the guy out

And…….

He wouldn’t supply the cake regardless if the customer was male/female, gay or straight. It’s a non discriminatory practice

I think the baker should have made the cake, and when the customer opened the box and found it contained a fruit pie, simply explain that Cake is just a human construct and the cake must have transitioned into a Pie.

Much more symbolic for the celebration anyway.

That would be the Christian way.........sadly to some.

Customer: I would like a pink cake with blue icing to celebrate my transistion.

Baker: I can have that Thursday.

Customer: I'm here to pick up my cake.

Baker: here you go. By the way, I see you live around here. Do you have a local church? If not I would like to invite you to ours.

Baker: here you go. By the way, I see you live around here. Do you have a local church? If not I would like to invite you to ours.

You clearly do not spend much time in church these days.

There is no evidence yet to suggest Phillips doesn’t serve gay people in general. Only that he doesn’t use his craft for gay/trans ceremonies.

Doesn't matter. He's still in violation of the Public Accommodation law.

There's a whole bunch of rules in the bible that you don't follow... but they are still in there.

Since adultery is a choice and not a sexual orientation, that wouldn't be a protected class. Sexual orientation is a protected class under Colorado's public accommodation law.

That would be the Christian way.........sadly to some.

Customer: I would like a pink cake with blue icing to celebrate my transistion.

Baker: I can have that Thursday.

Customer: I'm here to pick up my cake.

How nice 😊 of him to ask

There's a whole bunch of rules in the bible that you don't follow... but they are still in there.

Since adultery is a choice and not a sexual orientation, that wouldn't be a protected class. Sexual orientation is a protected class under Colorado's public accommodation law.

Are you guilty of discrimination when you imply only gays can be part of a same sex marriage?

Interesting.

Which are BS.

Protected classes are a violation of the Equal Protection clause.

Correct! The bakers chooses the products his business sells!

Well now, poster Norm, you have inserted some doubt in me.
I mean by that, when I posted those two different cakes last night (pictured below)....I was in somewhat of a hurry, and may have been a tad inattentive.

th
th

Transition Cake? Or Regular Cake?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which could have lead to an error.
If so I regret that, sincerely.
I'm thinking now that I inadvertently mixed up those two cakes.....the Transition Cake may be the one on the left, whereas the Regular Cake may be the one on the right.
But, to be sure, I am not 100% confident of that either.

Thankfully, no harm, no foul. After all Norm will be able to readily pick out which one is which.....with his keen eye towards gay sensibilities.

So, Norm, which one is which?
Or, do you cheat in determining which cake is which by peeking at who eats it?
After all, as you have suggested in this thread ......who eats a cake determines what type it is..
No?

I love this bar!

Last edited:
Well I do. I do understand there is a lot of hate in many a church though. I would not attend one of those churches.

Do these church goers riot in the strewn when a church is desecrated by Antifa?

I’ve not seen that on the news

Are you guilty of discrimination when you imply only gays can be part of a same sex marriage?
Shush, the grownups are talking.

Which are BS.

Or kind of reasonable. They protect people from discrimination based on gender, race, national origin, religion, disability or sexual orientation.

True, as a white, able-bodied, cis-gendered, straight, male, I don't need protections from discrimination, but I can see where protecting everyone else is a good idea.

Protected classes are a violation of the Equal Protection clause.
Not really. In fact, the reconstruction amendments were specifically designed to protect the rights of black people.

Well now, poster Norm, you have inserted some doubt in me.
I mean by that, when I posted those two different cakes last night (pictured below)....I was in somewhat of a hurry, and may have been a tad inattentive.

th
th

Transition Cake? Or Regular Cake? Regular Cake? or Transition Cake?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which could have lead to an error.
If so I regret that, sincerely.
I'm thinking now that I inadvertently mixed up those two cakes.....the Transition Cake may be the one on the left, whereas the Regular Cake may be the one on the right.
But, to be sure, I am not 100% of that either.

Thankfully, no harm, no foul. After all Norm will be able to readily pick out which one is which.....with his keen eye towards gay sensibilities.

So, Norm, which one is which?
Or, do you cheat in determining which cake is which by peeking at who eats it?
After all, as you have suggested in this thread ......who eats a cake determines what type it is..
No?

I love this bar!

A cake one minute, a pie the next. Cake being a “human construct” an all. The cake can become anything it damn well pleases……..

Or so I’m told.

Wait, isn’t “human construct” a “human construct”?

Very confusing.

Not really. In fact, the reconstruction amendments were specifically designed to protect the rights of black people.

If one group gets more protection than a different group then there is not equal protection.

Forum List

Back